Rutger Hauer dead at 75 after a short illness

treeduck

This movie is just f***ing amazing.

YES.

The sequel wasn't a masterpiece but I thought it was really good.

I absolutely loved the sequel. Villeneuve did an excellent job with the tone of the film. It was unbelievable. I didn't love the replicant-jesus plot, or Jared Leto's involvement at all (should've cast Rutger Hauer in his place) -

YET, it's still one hell of a film.

• Like 3

Perfect 6-0 movie record with me. I really thought I had seen more of his stuff but I guess that just shows how big of an impact he made

RIP :rose:

What are the 6?

I stand corrected, it’s 7-0

Nighthawks

Blade Runner

The Hitcher

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Sin City

Batman Begins

The Rite

Right you need to see Blind Fury, Ladyhawke, Flesh & Blood and you might want to look at The Osterman Weekend and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

And it's 8 don't forget Cardinal Roarke in Sin City.

Even though he’s good in it, I’m not fond of Osterman. It’s a very messy and confusing movie. Pity that it’s the last movie on Peckinpah’s resume.

Oddly enough, it’s not the last thing Sam directed. He made music videos for Valotte and Too Late For Goodbyes by Julian Lennon.

• Like 3

YES.

I absolutely loved the sequel. Villeneuve did an excellent job with the tone of the film. It was unbelievable. I didn't love the replicant-jesus plot, or Jared Leto's involvement at all (should've cast Rutger Hauer in his place) -

:yes:

YES.

Well deserved and long overdue cinematography Oscar win for Deakins. He’s one of the best around.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

The movie of Hauer’s that I watched more than any other by far is The Hitcher. Loved that one. I watched it over and over and over again when I was a teenager.

Great actor. Rest in peace :rose: