New Rush book documenting their tours is coming in October!

blueschica

Maybe we'll get a definitive answer as to if they ever played Lamneth (or at least portions of it) during the COS headlining shows.

Skip (the author) has already posted on these very forums as definitive an answer as we're ever going to get.

• Like 1

Apparently, those who pre-order this book from rushbackstage.com will receive a “free gift.” No idea what that might be, but I’m guessing some little chatchke like a keychain or something.

Definitely wasn't ordering from Amazon. Not sure if I'm ordering from the backstage club either free gift or not since the good people aren't running it anymore. Guess it might depend on what it is. T-Shirt would be nice depending on the design, The last shirt I got from the backstage club was like 4 years ago. Something definitely changed.

Musictoday runs it now. I don’t care for them much—my experience with them has been storied, as they took over the Soundgarden store at some point when Chris Cornell was still around, and I had the misfortune of ordering something that got massively delayed with pretty much zero communication from them until I contacted them to ask what was going on. It was a limited vinyl release from subpop records and by the time I was asking, it was already jacked up on ebay to double the price. The good part is, they did come through on the records, but no one could give any kind of explanation that made sense when they were waiting forever—not even something like, “we were expecting it before release date, but our shipment got lost/misdirected/caught in a sharknado/whatever.”

Since they took over Rush’s store I ordered a couple of things and so far they’ve done much better, including handling a damaged item exchange nicely/right away. I currently am waiting for tshirts that shipped and are now lost in the wonderful world of USPS since the 15th—arrived locally that day, got transfered to a different distribution center and has sat there since. Tracking says order will be arriving late, but it’s just sitting for 4 days now. That’s all on the post office, though. I think the musictoday shop has gotten a bit better organized unless I’m just lucky. Maybe they only suck when it comes to informing people when something with a planned release date doesn’t show up on time.

Musictoday runs it now. I don’t care for them much—my experience with them has been storied, as they took over the Soundgarden store at some point when Chris Cornell was still around, and I had the misfortune of ordering something that got massively delayed with pretty much zero communication from them until I contacted them to ask what was going on. It was a limited vinyl release from subpop records and by the time I was asking, it was already jacked up on ebay to double the price. The good part is, they did come through on the records, but no one could give any kind of explanation that made sense when they were waiting forever—not even something like, “we were expecting it before release date, but our shipment got lost/misdirected/caught in a sharknado/whatever.”

Since they took over Rush’s store I ordered a couple of things and so far they’ve done much better, including handling a damaged item exchange nicely/right away. I currently am waiting for tshirts that shipped and are now lost in the wonderful world of USPS since the 15th—arrived locally that day, got transfered to a different distribution center and has sat there since. Tracking says order will be arriving late, but it’s just sitting for 4 days now. That’s all on the post office, though. I think the musictoday shop has gotten a bit better organized unless I’m just lucky. Maybe they only suck when it comes to informing people when something with a planned release date doesn’t show up on time.

Are they just the store front now or are they designing too? I think in general the creative spark left after the Clockwork Angels Tour

Are they just the store front now or are they designing too? I think in general the creative spark left after the Clockwork Angels Tour

I’m pretty sure there are still in-house merch people generating band merch ideas, like some of the recent limited tshirt releases (Geddy’s and Neil’s “stage tees”). Musictoday just deals with the retail sales, warehousing and shipping of things. My current order, btw, showed up the day I posted this.

I'm getting this for sure. It makes the perfect companion piece of my recently assembled collection of every currently circulating song, done live by the band. From the Laura Secord High School gig to Los Angeles August 1, 2015. 135 songs, 13 and a half hours long. I call it Rush Through Time For Realz :D
  • Like 1

I'm getting this for sure. It makes the perfect companion piece of my recently assembled collection of every currently circulating song, done live by the band. From the Laura Secord High School gig to Los Angeles August 1, 2015. 135 songs, 13 and a half hours long. I call it Rush Through Time For Realz :D

Great idea. Never thought about that.