2019 NASCAR Season Thread

laughedatbytime

The last four races of the year were each absolutely dominated by one of the championship 4. This is the "excitment" they've generated.

This high downforce package is absolutely terrible. It's produced good racing a couple of times at the more high banked tracks, but the flatter, more handling dependant tracks have turned into an absolute snore.

This is professional racing, it should not be easy to drive these cars. Give them horsepower, and take their downforce. Narrow the tires and make them have to roll out of the throttle in EVERY corner. Nothing is worse for the sport than allowing the drivers to hold it wide open all the time.

I'm afraid nothing's going to help NASCAR at this point. 2019 was the worst season of racing I can recall. Until they clean house of everyone in management, starting with Steve O'Donnell; it's not going to get better.

But hey, 'they like what they're seeing'. :facepalm:

I have been a NASCAR fan since I was a kid. I stopped watching after the first round of the playoff format was over. To be honest, it just doesn't hold my interest any more. I think I am done with it.

Boring race, boring format, and Homestead's last "championship" race. Screw the countdown format, screw stages, and screw NASCAR. Make every race mean something for all the drivers and teams, and if on driver/team gets an insurmountable lead, tough shit, they win.

It was that format that brought the Chase to begin with. Matt Kenseth winning the Championship in '03 or '04 while winning only one race all year. Talk about boring. The only cool thing he ever did was wreck Logano at Martinsville a few years ago.

I remember that. That was funny. He definitely has no love for the Penske crew.

...Hell, I don't know who won. Really, was it Sugarboy Kyle again? I didn't even watch Talledega, my favorite track.

It was, sadly. He's the only driver the elicits audible boos when they do the introductions at the Daytona 500.

So he is the flavor in a sea of vanilla is what you're saying.

...Hell, I don't know who won. Really, was it Sugarboy Kyle again? I didn't even watch Talledega, my favorite track.

It was, sadly. He's the only driver the elicits audible boos when they do the introductions at the Daytona 500.

So he is the flavor in a sea of vanilla is what you're saying.

Pretty close but I think I'd liken him more to the shit log in the swimming pool.

• Like 1

Nascar has sucked!!! Minus a few tracks that the new package works on. I have taped all the races and ff through them and stop randomly to see if anything competitive is happening. That COT car started this whole snoozefest! Go back to the higher horsepower engines then you will see which drivers can push their cars to the edge and really show the driving skills to put on a show. God I miss the not so distant past of: Earnhardt Sr., Gordon, Wallace, Labonte bros., on and on...

They were pretty close in 2014, but abandoned that package to go the exact opposite way.

I know the serious concern NASCAR has about cars going much over 200 is cars going airborne. I get that.

But more horsepower can be tempered by means other than restriction or aerodynamics. They should've kept the horsepower and downforce package where it was, but then reduced the width of the tires to diminish handling without taking too much downforce. They need to look at ways to make the cars handle worse, not better. Force the drivers to control their horsepower by forcing them to break the throttle. Let the drivers be in charge, they will figure it out.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

They were pretty close in 2014, but abandoned that package to go the exact opposite way.

I know the serious concern NASCAR has about cars going much over 200 is cars going airborne. I get that.

But more horsepower can be tempered by means other than restriction or aerodynamics. They should've kept the horsepower and downforce package where it was, but then reduced the width of the tires to diminish handling without taking too much downforce. They need to look at ways to make the cars handle worse, not better. Force the drivers to control their horsepower by forcing them to break the throttle. Let the drivers be in charge, they will figure it out.

I was going to try and email NASCAR about how boring and ridiculous their current system is, but you have to actually call them to be able to bitch at someone. Methinks they already know they suck and want to make it a little more difficult for people to let them know about it.

Edited by Fordgalaxy