John Bonham's Best

Lorraine

Closest thing I can think of to a drumming "earworm":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51jvfaqiNio

Lorraine, wow I'm glad you are back. You are like a breath of fresh white jasmine blossoming on a mid spring morning.

Allen, "Presence" is my all time favorite Zep rec. However John's best? Funny that you went with "Poor Tom." When I was a kid I fell in love with the CODA album.

For me it's "Bonzo's Montrerux."

CO/DA gets slammed, but it's full of sick Bonham grooves. Darlene kicks butt.

Is his son as good as he was?

He’s a fine rock drummer, nothing particularly outstanding (to me anyway) about his playing.

You would think a talent like that could be completely inherited, but apparently not. I remember Doremi Hayward (daughter of Justin and Marie Hayward) once saying she couldn't sing a note even though both of her parents could sing.

He’s a fine rock drummer, nothing particularly outstanding (to me anyway) about his playing.

You would think a talent like that could be completely inherited, but apparently not. I remember Doremi Hayward (daughter of Justin and Marie Hayward) once saying she couldn't sing a note even though both of her parents could sing.

Jason’s problem is that he is always and inevitably compared to his dad. Always a tough thing to do.

• Like 1

Jason’s problem is that he is always and inevitably compared to his dad. Always a tough thing to do.

Like Julian Lennon.

Closest thing I can think of to a drumming "earworm":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51jvfaqiNio

Lorraine, wow I'm glad you are back. You are like a breath of fresh white jasmine blossoming on a mid spring morning.

Allen, "Presence" is my all time favorite Zep rec. However John's best? Funny that you went with "Poor Tom." When I was a kid I fell in love with the CODA album.

For me it's "Bonzo's Montrerux."

Blew me away.

There is a great video clip of him on YouTube in 1977. EPIC!

yeah, not sure it's his "best" either, but man it gets in your head. Earl, have you worked out the Poor Tom pattern? I suspect you are a monster drummer and it's child's play to you, but I cannot for the life of me get the two parts to work together - the snare pattern with the accents overtop of the bass drum / hi-hat thing. I can do the bass drum with the hi hat, or the bass drum with the snare, but I can't put all three together. It SUCKS!!!