New albums without touring

PermanentMovingSignals

I thought there would be a “farewell” album with no tour until I saw the Time Stand Still documentary. I think they made it clear in that film that Rush was over. The latest comments by Alex backs that up. It feels strange not looking forward to the next Rush album. Something I have done since 1974.
  • Like 3

I thought there would be a “farewell” album with no tour until I saw the Time Stand Still documentary. I think they made it clear in that film that Rush was over. The latest comments by Alex backs that up. It feels strange not looking forward to the next Rush album. Something I have done since 1974.

Yeah. You might remember one of the 2012 threads that talked about CA being a good send off for the band, specifically with The Garden being THE final song. Naturally, there was discussion and speculation and meanderings on the topic. I remember saying then that Rush would never do an R40 tour (which many had brought up). TRF seemed divided on that.

Then, there was the TRF discussion of Rush doing a farewell tour and/or album. Again, TRF was split on whether that would happen or not. On that topic, I thought they wouldn’t do it and that the ending of the band wouldn’t come as a big announcement or tour or whatever, that it’d just be truth one day.

Sometimes the truth hurts and all that :blaze:

• Like 1