Where do you Buy your Music? Good selection of bands?

OldRUSHfan

Independent Record Stores. An hour's drive these days. I used to love it when they were 10 minutes away but there aren't many left.

Not many left at all now. The best I can hope for if I want to go old school and buy something on the release day is that maybe the FYE in the mall has it. I haven't been to a Best Buy in a long time but heard they stopped selling CDs. I used to be able to get albums the week of release there sometimes.

Going digital isn't bad though. I've discovered many bands I otherwise never would have heard of.

For anyone in the NY/NJ/Philly area, there's a place called Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ ( right next to Edison )

I used to go there in the 80s and 90s, and thankfully they are still open and doing well ..

They also have a pretty good schedule of artist signings and acoustic sets .. For those inclined, Steven Wilson will be there Dec 1st signing stuff

I haven;t been in about 15 years, but after thinking about it and reading this thread, I will definitely make a point

https://vvinyl.com/shop/

then some teenage girls with giant glasses started buying any/all albums released before 1985 so they could put pictures on instagram with #retro and all that shit. fast forward to 2018 and it's 15 dollars for a beat up copy of moving pictures with someone's name written on the cover.
  • Like 2

I got into vinyl a few years ago.

Rhino Records in Claremont,CA

Penny Lane and Bobs Record Shop in my town

soundofvinyl.com

discogs.com

For punk rockers, Doctor Strange is a good place in the inland area in Rancho Cucamonga. I only wish my local libraries could get into vinyl so I could save money by renting. :LOL:

Independent Record Stores. An hour's drive these days. I used to love it when they were 10 minutes away but there aren't many left.

Not many left at all now. The best I can hope for if I want to go old school and buy something on the release day is that maybe the FYE in the mall has it. I haven't been to a Best Buy in a long time but heard they stopped selling CDs. I used to be able to get albums the week of release there sometimes.

Going digital isn't bad though. I've discovered many bands I otherwise never would have heard of.

Barnes And Noble is the best of the big ones.

I normally get myself invited to someone's house and when they are not looking, making another drink or going to the bathroom, etc. simply loot their music collection.

I'm free next weekend if any of you are looking for a house guest.

I'll bring pizza or Chinese food.

:)

• Like 1

I normally get myself invited to someone's house and when they are not looking, making another drink or going to the bathroom, etc. simply loot their music collection.

I'm free next weekend if any of you are looking for a house guest.

I'll bring pizza or Chinese food.

:)

That's why you have so many compilation albums then, huh? I use to think all those complete collections must have been costing you a fortune.

• Like 1

For anyone in the NY/NJ/Philly area, there's a place called Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ ( right next to Edison )

I used to go there in the 80s and 90s, and thankfully they are still open and doing well ..

They also have a pretty good schedule of artist signings and acoustic sets .. For those inclined, Steven Wilson will be there Dec 1st signing stuff

I haven;t been in about 15 years, but after thinking about it and reading this thread, I will definitely make a point

https://vvinyl.com/shop/

They don't have nearly as much as they used to but they are the best there is these days. I'll probably end up getting Hemispheres there in a few weeks though.

• Like 1