Three forgotten songs

LeaveMyThingAlone

A Farewell... was rehearsed for either the R30 or Time Machine Tour , I forget, but Geddy tapped out because it was too hard to sing anymore. Good thing they didn't force it anyway or play it in dropped D tuning which would've sounded awful just like Prelude sounded like crap on R40

Neil mentioned in an interview about wanting to do Hand Over Fist for that tour for instance

Wow, really? That would have been an odd and

Puzzling choice. I can’t think of too many songs in their catalog that would be less interesting to hear live than Hand Over Fist.

It's just Neil's way of wanting to say "f**k you" to the fans just one more time.

Exactly, except Geddy would be singing it for him.... ;)

• Like 1

Neil mentioned in an interview about wanting to do Hand Over Fist for that tour for instance

Wow, really? That would have been an odd and

Puzzling choice. I can’t think of too many songs in their catalog that would be less interesting to hear live than Hand Over Fist.

It's just Neil's way of wanting to say "f**k you" to the fans just one more time.

Exactly, except Geddy would be singing it for him.... ;)

With Peart sitting behind the drum kit, a shiteating grin on his face, thinking "Too late to do anything about it now, rubes, the money is ours. Bwahahahaha."

• Like 1

Probably the guys looked at these as 'oh god, do we really have to play these again?'

90% of their catalog is more interesting than these tunes. You could throw closer to your heart in that list as well since many times they turned it into an Alex goof rant to make it interesting.

Goof rant? That's La Villa.

He did a goof rant on the CP tour during CttH. Introduced the group by fake names.

• Like 2

Probably the guys looked at these as 'oh god, do we really have to play these again?'

90% of their catalog is more interesting than these tunes. You could throw closer to your heart in that list as well since many times they turned it into an Alex goof rant to make it interesting.

Goof rant? That's La Villa.

He did a goof rant on the CP tour during CttH. Introduced the group by fake names.

Ah...yes. :cheers:
  • Like 2

I would've liked to hear an obscure song like HOF live especially with their more aggressive sound than what they had on Presto.

Guess it didn't make it past rehearsal. I want to say Cut To The Chase was another one but I could be remembering that wrong

• Like 2