Should we have a RushForum Con?

Ultimate Rush Tribute

I don't know man...I mean, it would be great to have a great big social gathering of TRF members, but...Unless we have someone here who is formally trained in the ways of how to organize a large event, I don't think it'll be a good idea. I'm only saying this because of the absolute monstrous shitshow that was both TanaCon and the Fouseytube music festival. Both events were completely ruined by the fact that both events were too large to be DIY.

:LOL:

There is zero chance that it would be any larger than a small family reunion. More likely it has all the logistical challenge of organizing a youth soccer end of season team party.

JR will provide the bad pizza, and I'll bring the Capri Sun and orange wedges. You can bring the pinata.

• Like 2

I will have my own TRF RushCon in NYC in the fall.

RogCon!

Holograms only!

:smoke:

I don't know man...I mean, it would be great to have a great big social gathering of TRF members, but...Unless we have someone here who is formally trained in the ways of how to organize a large event, I don't think it'll be a good idea. I'm only saying this because of the absolute monstrous shitshow that was both TanaCon and the Fouseytube music festival. Both events were completely ruined by the fact that both events were too large to be DIY.

There is zero chance that it would be any larger than a small family reunion. More likely it has all the logistical challenge of organizing a youth soccer end of season team party.

JR will provide the bad pizza, and I'll bring the Capri Sun and orange wedges. You can bring the pinata.

What’s your idea of a big social gathering? 20 people? 50? 100 or more?

I’d guess that nearly everyone who’d be able to attend such a TRF event wouldn’t expect dozens and dozens to show up or guest appearances by Lifeson or Geddy’s Bassett hound.

About a decade back TRF had Pagscon. There were about 2 dozen TRFers that showed up I think. Some of those that went who will still post here include 73, Tick, and sweetscience. I’m probably forgetting a couple more but those are the ones I recall from photos that were posted. It looked like a fun time.