My school of rock gig

Laurabw

So our Grad School of Rock gig is tomorrow night!! Yikes. I'm playing rhythm guitar, not ready for lead yet. But it's been a blast.

Barriemore Barlow's second gig with Tull involved an unfortunate episode in Denver, Colorado, when the local police tear-gassed the audience from helicopters, both outside and inside the Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Believing that they would be arrested, the band made a run for it after the show in an unmarked station wagon where, hidden under a blanket on the floor in the back, Barlow was heard to ask Anderson, "Will it be like this every night?" Anderson replied, "As a general rule, only on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

• Like 3

Just a little constructive criticism, the guitar part you are playing for Take me Out is actually a series of staccato notes played as a counterpoint to the lead riff...have a close listen and you'll hear what I mean.

Yes, I know what you mean, I watched a bunch of You Tubes with the parts but wasn't able to learn them well enough to perform. They're absolutely insane, so I had to just do the three chords instead...

• Like 2

So our Grad School of Rock gig is tomorrow night!! Yikes. I'm playing rhythm guitar, not ready for lead yet. But it's been a blast.

Barriemore Barlow's second gig with Tull involved an unfortunate episode in Denver, Colorado, when the local police tear-gassed the audience from helicopters, both outside and inside the Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Believing that they would be arrested, the band made a run for it after the show in an unmarked station wagon where, hidden under a blanket on the floor in the back, Barlow was heard to ask Anderson, "Will it be like this every night?" Anderson replied, "As a general rule, only on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

Classic Ian Anderson sense of humor

• Like 3

Redbubble.com

I love redbubble .. there are some really great people on there doing good stuff

Thanks for the exact product! I will buy a couple next month, Laura! I have the site bookmarked now also! I have never seen that logo in image form before. Just the name.Thank you again, Laura!

ZstbP0N.jpg

• Like 1

Just a little constructive criticism, the guitar part you are playing for Take me Out is actually a series of staccato notes played as a counterpoint to the lead riff...have a close listen and you'll hear what I mean.

Yes, I know what you mean, I watched a bunch of You Tubes with the parts but wasn't able to learn them well enough to perform. They're absolutely insane, so I had to just do the three chords instead...

I know what you mean, it's quite tricky..you've got to simultaneously damp the strings whilst keeping your wrist very loose to catch the string and play it in the "funky" way he does.

• Like 1

Yep! I've known the song for years but until I had to learn it I had no idea how complex it was.
  • Like 1