2005-06 NHL Season

kazzman

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2006, 11:10 PM)
:cough: :choke: !!!

What a give-away!!!

Hard to believe that one!!! angry.gif

That was an unexpected twist....Have to go with Test on this. He said 'Canes in 6. I said 5. I was wrong & he has been right so far!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (tangdog @ Jun 15 2006, 01:26 PM)
Great game! I guess I should not of cracked open that last beer heading into OT considering how long it lasted. Made for a rough morning.

z7shysterical.gif

Well, here it is....both Test & I were wrong on the games. The goalie change made a better difference. We now have a game 7 on Monday. Amazing. What a series.....

QUOTE (DWarner @ Jun 21 2006, 11:40 AM)
Nolan voted back on Island
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060621/1001309.asp

He will also present the Adams Trophy on Thursday

You know, I'm still trying to figure that one out. I mean, it ended up working well for the Sabres in getting Lindy Ruff but still, Nolan was a pretty good coach....He won an award for it. So what happened?

I'm happy he's back. That's really cool...Let's see what he can do with the new NHL...maybe get another Jack Adams trophy?

Ok....so it was a step in the right direction except they still didn't eliminate the one word I was REALLY looking for DUCKS!

http://my.redsox.v.mlb.com/NewsArticle.asp...rticleId=709156

QUOTE (DWarner @ Jun 22 2006, 05:29 PM)
http://www.anaheimducks.com/images/200606/Jersey.jpg

God help us all...

doh.gif That's their new logo?!

Bad enough the team had the name but that? Can someone tell the NHL & team PR people that ducks are not menacing?!

Nashville (as much as people don't like southern teams) Predators is an ok name....Tampa Bay Lightning is good (logo too!)

I don't know about anybody else but the last time I was in Anaheim, there were no ducks! Plus, would you be afraid of a duck or a Coyote?

YIKES!!!!!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 22 2006, 07:04 PM)

God help us all...

Bad enough the team had the name but that? Can someone tell the NHL & team PR people that ducks are not menacing?!

Nashville (as much as people don't like southern teams) Predators is an ok name....Tampa Bay Lightning is good (logo too!)

I don't know about anybody else but the last time I was in Anaheim, there were no ducks! Plus, would you be afraid of a duck or a Coyote?

YIKES!!!!!

the only duck I saw in Anaheim was near a castle, and was named Donald.....those new uniforms are pretty bad, but they are better than the purple and green things

sad part is, the only reason the Anahiem Mighty Ducks are called what they are is because of a movie.......pretty bad to name a franchise after a kids film

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 22 2006, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 22 2006, 07:04 PM)

God help us all...

YIKES!!!!!

the only duck I saw in Anaheim was near a castle, and was named Donald.....those new uniforms are pretty bad, but they are better than the purple and green things

sad part is, the only reason the Anahiem Mighty Ducks are called what they are is because of a movie.......pretty bad to name a franchise after a kids film

Yeah, one of the only things I don't like about Disney! They named their NHL team after a movie!!! What is wrong with them. Then, the new owners decide to keep the name in the NHL!

Idea: CHANGE THE DAMN NAME!

QUOTE (DWarner @ Jun 22 2006, 10:44 PM)
congrats to lindy ruff, winner of the 2006 jack adams trophy as presented by 1997 winner, ted nolan

WOOO!!!!!!!!!

That is cool. He deserves it. They made a formiddable foe to the entire Eastern Conference & they have just a good of a chance of going all the way as the Ottawa Senators...More than likely, my B's will come in last again this year coming up.....I hate it when the management screws up bad!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 22 2006, 10:21 PM)
way to go Joe Thornton for taking the Hart Trophy...I guess the moral of the story is, the B's might stink on ice, but there is life after the Bruins wink.gif

Ya for thornton, deserved it.

And ovechkin, way to go super rookie

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 22 2006, 10:41 PM)
way to go Joe Thornton for taking the Hart Trophy...I guess the moral of the story is, the B's might stink on ice, but there is life after the Bruins  wink.gif

You got that right. If it wasn't for him coming in and energizing the team, The Sharks might not have made the playoffs.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 23 2006, 05:20 AM)
way to go Joe Thornton for taking the Hart Trophy...I guess the moral of the story is, the B's might stink on ice, but there is life after the Bruins  wink.gif

You got that right. If it wasn't for him coming in and energizing the team, The Sharks might not have made the playoffs.

And Thornton Got the art ross

which he worked so hard for.

And he helped out Cheechoo so much to get the Richard.

and the thing about the playoffs i agree with.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 22 2006, 11:21 PM)
way to go Joe Thornton for taking the Hart Trophy...I guess the moral of the story is, the B's might stink on ice, but there is life after the Bruins wink.gif

Look at a ton of former Bruins that are still active. Most of them have career years AFTER they leave the team. Jason Allison & Byron Dafoe seem to be the only I can recall right now not doing better than when they were with the B's.

I'm happy for Joe. He does deserve it. If you looks at that trade, the B's played better (but why?)...then, the Samsonov trade. That helped the Oilers more than I would've ever forseen....

Way to go Joe! trink39.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 23 2006, 06:20 AM)

yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 23 2006, 03:01 PM)
Kipper won the vezina didn't he?

I'm not to happy about that...

I don't know if he did....I missed the festivities sad.gif

Well, this is the reason:

Kiprusoff led all netminders in goals-against average (2.03) and shutouts (10), ranked second in victories (42) and was third in save percentage (.923). He backstopped the Flames to their first division title since 1994-95 by posting an 8-0-3 record in April with a 1.01 goals-against average and two shutouts. He also captured his first William Jennings Trophy as the goaltender on the club allowing the fewest goals during the regular season.

I have to agree with this. He does deserve it here....

Archived