What song are you currently working on?

Freedom_Fighter

ok by the topic title i don't mean "what was the last song that you looked up and learned in like 10 minutes?" i mean like is there a somewhat HARDER song that you're taking a little longer on and working on totally mastering?

i'm kinda working on several songs right now, but the main song i'm currently determined to learn the MOST is Master of Puppets by Metallica. that song is so fun to play, but it's really tiring. i've got it to the point where i can play the first three minutes or however until it slows down into the interlude like for a little while and then my fingers get really tired and i get really sloppy at it but when i CAN play it well i usually have it up to speed. just now i learned the Interlude solo-type part (i haven't learned the clean part yet i hate those single-note things that are hard to memorize, i'll work on that one later) and i got that down pretty well and then i worked on the actual first solo where just the one guitar goes and that i got pretty easily, except i couldn't really get the very last part cuz i still don't have like the rythm of the whole solo memorized in my head but i'll get it pretty soon prolly. i just gotta listen to the midi on power tab over and over.

and i've SOMEWHAT broken into the shred solo but that's really hard. got like the first four bars memorized and i can't play it up to speed but i think if i just practice it and make it second nature i'll be able to get it up there and i sorta messed around iwth a few other parts of the solo but didn't get too far with it. i've never really learned a shred solo before but i think i could prolly get this one learned if i broke it down and just worked really hard at it.

so what are some of your songs you're working on? and mine was for guitar but you can say for like drums or bass or whatever too.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 27 2005, 09:50 PM)
Well, I've just completed the lyrics to a song about a guy who sells his soul to Satan, but is told from Satan's Point-Of-View. We plan on starting the song slow like a ballad and then slowly build it up as it progresses.

Sounds like that guy's going to get a fever! firedevil.gif

Is there any cowbell used in that song, Kazz? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Sep 27 2005, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 27 2005, 09:50 PM)
Well, I've just completed the lyrics to a song about a guy who sells his soul to Satan, but is told from Satan's Point-Of-View. We plan on starting the song slow like a ballad and then slowly build it up as it progresses.

Sounds like that guy's going to get a fever! firedevil.gif

Is there any cowbell used in that song, Kazz? biggrin.gif

no.gif

it got in the way on my kit so i took it off.

depending on whats going on this weekend ill be recording the following:

Tribute to RUSH

Jam X (Version 2.0)

Slaying The Dreamer (Nightwish cover)

Reap What You Sow

and start working on Welcome To Hell

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Sep 28 2005, 11:51 PM)
hey sorry this is off topic but def what band is in your avatar? i'm still new to this band so i guess i can't see him and automatically say "THAT'S HIM!" but i'm thinkin that guy looks like Khan from Kamelot.

yeah that's Kamelot.

I have too big of an influence on the music preferences on this board... laugh.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 29 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Sep 28 2005, 11:51 PM)
hey sorry this is off topic but def what band is in your avatar? i'm still new to this band so i guess i can't see him and automatically say "THAT'S HIM!" but i'm thinkin that guy looks like Khan from Kamelot.

yeah that's Kamelot.

I have too big of an influence on the music preferences on this board... laugh.gif

Yes you do! and all the bands rock you recomend too! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Sep 27 2005, 09:15 PM)

i'm kinda working on several songs right now, but the main song i'm currently determined to learn the MOST is Master of Puppets by Metallica. that song is so fun to play, but it's really tiring.

You got that right. When I was playing with Tongue-n-Groove we played Master of Puppets, Antisocial by Anthrax, Cowboys From Hell by Pantera, and War Ensemble by Slayer BACK TO BACK!!! My picking hand/arm sometimes would start to tighten up on me and start to freeze up on me from the rough down picking and alternate picking in those babies. We decided to split those songs up a bit. laugh.gif

The last complex song I learned was entitled "Return To Serenity" by "Testament". Well actually I re-learned it since I played that when I jammed with "Plowed". That song has one of my favorite guitar solos of all times in it. It was a show stopper for sure!! 1022.gif That's one of those songs that if you don't keep playing it then you have to pretty much re-learn it. It's worth the time in my opinion. Love that tune!!

When i get my good amp back Im gonna re-record our Tribute To Rush, and get Matts kit over hear and finish up the demo.

lately i have been working on a little piece called the fallen by franz ferdinand....not my favorite band but my buddy wanted me to learn this so we have something easy and fun that we can jam to and so on.

as u can tell from my name, i play guitar and the song that i'm wroking on right now, and i consider it a harder one, is YYZ 1022.gif i have recently learned tom sawyer and i'm wroking on perfecting it as well.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 27 2005, 10:13 PM)
Is there any cowbell used in that song, Kazz? biggrin.gif [/quote]
no.gif

it got in the way on my kit so i took it off.

ohmy.gif ph34r.gif sad.gif

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 13 2005, 12:55 AM)
I've got a new idea for a song. This one shows the comic geek level in me as I drew the inspiration from the Bane/John Paul Valley fight in the Batman: Knightfall story arch.

ok, I'm turning this one into an epic about a vigilante. Not sure how many part's it's going to contain, but it's going to be about the rise and fall of a certain vigilante and his return again.

Joy Spring by Joe pass, that guy is pretty cool, JAZZy. and i just learnd anthem, i know its easy, but it rocks. i got my amp modded by the man him self, Gar GIlles! it used to be a Garnet 8 input pa based on a pro guitar amp chassis, so it had 5 12axu7 preamp tubes gain stages to cascade into each other before it hits the out put, wow, this baby kicks the poopoo out of my friends jcm 800, and, well, any amp ive ever heard. cat.gif , and oh ya, the amp only cost me 100 bucks! common001.gif