The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

I had it in my mind that the Penguins had dominated the lighting in post season play but then I went and looked. They have only faced each other twice and they split. If the Lightning beat the Pens this year I will buy a Lightning sweater.

Aren't the Penguins facing elimination tonight? To YOUR team in fact?

Bwaahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

That's a good one!!

I will be in Boston in July, I will bet you dinner at a place of your choosing, that the Capitals lose the series. You can bring your SO and we will make it a double date.

When?

9th through the 13th.

That would be fun. Business or vacation?

I know the Caps' history with the Penguins, but I have a funny feeling about tonight. We'll see.

Vacation.

We have always wanted to see Boston. Lots of history there. We are staying right down town not far from the harbor. We hope to do the freedom walk and take in a Red Sox game. Also the aquarium and probably a whale watching cruise.

Hopefully we get good weather.

The Freedom Trail is fun, and whale watching leaves from that area. I recommend you go into the North End (in that same area) and find yourself a small Italian corner restaurant one night for dinner. Then get a pastry at Modern, not the tourist trap "Mike's." Grab lunch one day on Newbury Street at an outdoor spot. That's not too far from Fenway actually. Grab a beer one night at Mr. Dooley's in the financial district. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather for you.

Thank you Sir. You are a Gentleman and a Scholar!
  • Like 1

Holtby looks pretty good tonight.

He's a chump. He just hasn't showed you his choke yet. Sit tight, its coming up.

And why won't anyone come out say whats wrong with Kessel? The dude has gained 40lbs. Stop eating so much Poutine and have a salad once in a while you fat f**k.

So far (after 2 ) I can see no team that my Lightning could not win against! :zzz:

Your team will be the new choking dogs if they don't go to the SCF.

Ummm I don't see that happening but I can respect where your comment is coming from :yes: :LOL:

Holtby looks pretty good tonight.

He's a chump. He just hasn't showed you his choke yet. Sit tight, its coming up.

And why won't anyone come out say whats wrong with Kessel? The dude has gained 40lbs. Stop eating so much Poutine and have a salad once in a while you fat f**k.

:popcorn: :LMAO:

Well maybe "elite" may have been a wrong choice.

Go with cognoscenti instead.

Seriously, the networks are always going to be biased to the teams that move the needle on ratings, and are almost always going to be the ones with the largest fan bases, which are always the teams with the largest number of bandwagon fans. There's nothing that can be done about it, and it's not going to change. Ever.

Bandwagon fans? Like, for example, ice hockey fans in a region where naturally formed ice cannot exist except for freak circumstances? :)

Hey I for got to ask you if there is naturally forming ice in your region now? Or any time during playoff hockey? Cause it seems to me all the ice in NHL arena's is born of the same process... :P

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep, I may br biased but compared to yesterday's early game this :hockey: match is a snoooze fest... :zzz:

It's been a sloppy ugly mess.

And the Penguins are going to win it on some goofy bounce, deflection or on the power play.

Well how bout that! My heart sincerely goes out to blueschica!

I know (as most of us do) how it feels when our beloved team gets eliminated! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the enlightenment of the Caps when they realize they're in way over their head when they face my Lightning!!!

Bring'em on!!!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 2