Collective Soul

Boots

I like most of their songs. I saw them in a hockey bar a few years ago. Ed Roland seems to be a decent person with strong values.

It still hurts that one of their songs was associated with a mass murderer.

https://www.villagev...helter-skelter/

He also listened to Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, but he was obsessed with "Shine."

A band can't be held responsible for the actions of their fans. That's beyond their control.

Edited by Boots

I think I posted this before, but I sat next to Ed on a flight. No idea who he was. As with anyone I sit next to on a plane, I say hello. He ignored me. Oh well. But I did have a nice conversation with the drummer who sat in the row behind me. That's how I figured out who he was.

At least you had a nice conversation with the drummer. :)

They're touring with Our Lady Peace this summer, but they're not coming to my city.

I never met any of them, but I used to hear their music all the time at my gym.

I can remember hearing Gel when I went out for lunch with my coworkers. Good times!

Um, not sure what the OPs purpose is here. Did you want to talk about the band or bring up some pointless news that's a decade old now?

If you want to talk about the band then great. I've been a fan since the first album. Ed Roland is a master at writing catchy pop rock hooks.

• Like 1

Um, not sure what the OPs purpose is here. Did you want to talk about the band or bring up some pointless news that's a decade old now?

If you want to talk about the band then great. I've been a fan since the first album. Ed Roland is a master at writing catchy pop rock hooks.

Boots has got some kind of agenda that goes beyond the base subject matter.

• Like 1

I saw them live on the "Dosage" tour. Own a few albums. They're not a go-to band, but I enjoy some songs. "Shine" is overplayed so I can dismiss that song.
  • Like 1

I saw them live on the "Dosage" tour. Own a few albums. They're not a go-to band, but I enjoy some songs. "Shine" is overplayed so I can dismiss that song.

They have plenty of better songs than Shine. It was their break through hit so I get why it's so over played. Their first album is decent but the three albums that came after are much better. The really defined their sound on those. Most of the hit singles are better songs than Shine.

They have plenty of better songs than Shine. It was their break through hit so I get why it's so over played. Their first album is decent but the three albums that came after are much better. The really defined their sound on those. Most of the hit singles are better songs than Shine.

It's basically the Tom Sawyer or Enter Sandman effect for me...I've just heard it soooooo much. Shine is a good song though. My favorite is probably "Heavy".

I think I posted this before, but I sat next to Ed on a flight. No idea who he was. As with anyone I sit next to on a plane, I say hello. He ignored me. Oh well. But I did have a nice conversation with the drummer who sat in the row behind me. That's how I figured out who he was.

I would of been guilty of annoying him by asking about Duluth, Georgia (I think the band is from there or close) since I'm from Duluth, MN. :scared:

Saw them last year at a small Toronto venue The Phoenix. Great show. I had forgotten how many big hits they had. Rolled them out one after the other.

People do forget who they are and how many big hits they had back in the 90s and early 2000s. Not sure why that is. They have a very individual sound.