Did Rush guys use drugs during their career?

Texas King

YES. In the book "Contents Under Pressure" , there are all kinds of stories about how they used to smoke weed, etc. on their early tours with KISS. Alex has an early story about how he got his wisdom teeth out and took a bunch of Vicodin and then smoked hash and played the same night in a bar in Toronto. There's an interview somewhere on YouTube where they are talking about recording in Wales (can't remember if it is AFTK or Hemispheres) and Geddy and Alex say, "If it was Wales, it was hash." There are some interviews where Alex talks about doing cocaine through the 80's and waking up with his pulse racing and it was not a peaceful experience! Alex has another one where he talks about he and his wife trying Ecstasy and having a great night of communicating about their marriage. I think that is in the Rolling Stone cover article? I know in the Rolling Stone article it talks about Neil still smoking weed but he says, "I'm not gonna be a poster child for it." In the same article, Alex is smoking weed in front of the writer; he has a medical card for it from Canada because of his psoriatic arthritis. I read somewhere else that Geddy gave it up years ago (along with regular cigarettes) because it was causing voice problems.

Don't judge the 70's unless you lived through them . . . . ;)

72352829f15ecb64fc81dea3cafddf45.jpg

"Yeah...don't judge!"

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: I think I am having PTSD from seventies fashion !

• Like 2

Did they take drugs?

I'm pretty sure Alex still smokes weed today. There's no way they toured as much as they did without trying stuff. They probably needed something to survive life on the road.

YES. In the book "Contents Under Pressure" , there are all kinds of stories about how they used to smoke weed, etc. on their early tours with KISS. Alex has an early story about how he got his wisdom teeth out and took a bunch of Vicodin and then smoked hash and played the same night in a bar in Toronto. There's an interview somewhere on YouTube where they are talking about recording in Wales (can't remember if it is AFTK or Hemispheres) and Geddy and Alex say, "If it was Wales, it was hash." There are some interviews where Alex talks about doing cocaine through the 80's and waking up with his pulse racing and it was not a peaceful experience! Alex has another one where he talks about he and his wife trying Ecstasy and having a great night of communicating about their marriage. I think that is in the Rolling Stone cover article? I know in the Rolling Stone article it talks about Neil still smoking weed but he says, "I'm not gonna be a poster child for it." In the same article, Alex is smoking weed in front of the writer; he has a medical card for it from Canada because of his psoriatic arthritis. I read somewhere else that Geddy gave it up years ago (along with regular cigarettes) because it was causing voice problems.

"Yeah...don't judge!"

I love Anchorman but I also love Aaron Judge and I'm an A's fan!

I have Judge on my fantasy team! Picked him up off of waivers in April.

Yes.

Last year I won my fantasy league. 600 USD.

Not bad for a drug addict loser with no brain.

LOL!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

"Yeah...don't judge!"

Yes.

LOL!

You have the same outfit as the cheesy mustache guy on the left, don't you Earl? Hell, I bet he's your drug dealer!!!

The guy in red looks like a matador.

• Like 1

"Yeah...don't judge!"

Yes.

LOL!

You have the same outfit as the cheesy mustache guy on the left, don't you Earl? Hell, I bet he's your drug dealer!!!

Oh yeah baby, but I shaved that shit off. He loves to sell me some crack rock. Rock Rock Till You Drop.....

I love men in Blood Sector A. Hot and sexy like a matador. Looking for a bull. I love Bullies.

So mean so lean, so sweet like a jalapeño jelly bean.....

• Like 2

"Yeah...don't judge!"

Yes.

LOL!

Oh yeah baby, but I shaved that shit off. He loves to sell me some crack rock. Rock Rock Till You Drop.....

I love men in Blood Sector A. Hot and sexy like a matador. Looking for a bull. I love Bullies.

So mean so lean, so sweet like a jalapeño jelly bean.....

I looked in the mirror today

My pants just didn't feel so right

I've lost a few more sperm

I think I'm hurting balls

I think I'm hurting balls