Who's the best actor from the cast of Reservoir Dogs?

JohnnyBlaze

Reservoir Dogs actors  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Reservoir Dogs actor do you think is the best?

• Harvey Keitel
    • Tim Roth
    • Michael Madsen
    • Steve Buscemi
    • ((one of the other Reservoir Dogs cast members))
  2. 2. Well, as long as you're here, what grade would you give Reservoir Dogs?

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F...FAIL!
    • I haven't seen this but I will now because JohnnyBlaze is ordering me to do so.

He's got a hot woman though...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/01/09/3FCC4B2600000578-4461956-image-m-101_1493626894120.jpg

She's just there for a possible upcoming role.

Are you sure she's not hot for his dome-like forehead and sneaky piggy eyes?

It's the fame talking. If he were an office worker from Des Moines she'd have nothing to do with him.

What would his girlfriend look like then, if he even had one?

Like Large Marge, just not as hot

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7BUxqxZi3Cc/maxresdefault.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uzolCu-QLw0/maxresdefault.jpg

http://bh-s2.azureedge.net/bh-uploads/2016/02/4-Creepy-Fun.jpg

Or like...

http://www.asset1.net/tv/pictures/movie/throw-momma-from-the-train-1987/Throw-Momma-From-The-Train-DI-1.jpg

Throw Quentin from the Train

And all the DVDs of his films!

Well, that's where we disagree as I like his 90s stuff. Jackie Brown was a big drop off but I still thought it was decent and enjoyable.

His first two films are by far his best ones, but even so I think they're a little bit overrated. And Reservoir Dogs is basically a rip-off of a Chinese film isn't it?

Depends who you ask. But certainly all his movies COULD BE seen as being ripped off from somewhere else.

Dogs & Pulp's plots aren't what I found that interesting. It's the dialogue.

When I look at all the Tarantino movies laid out on the table, I dislike more than I like. But I like Dogs and Pulp so much that I conveniently forget all the crap that followed Jackie Brown.

I may watch Reservoir Dogs again, it's been a while.

Right I'm watching it. There's some serious overacting from Tim Roth.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/01/09/3FCC4B2600000578-4461956-image-m-101_1493626894120.jpg

It's the fame talking. If he were an office worker from Des Moines she'd have nothing to do with him.

Or like...

http://www.asset1.net/tv/pictures/movie/throw-momma-from-the-train-1987/Throw-Momma-From-The-Train-DI-1.jpg

Well, that's where we disagree as I like his 90s stuff. Jackie Brown was a big drop off but I still thought it was decent and enjoyable.

His first two films are by far his best ones, but even so I think they're a little bit overrated. And Reservoir Dogs is basically a rip-off of a Chinese film isn't it?

Depends who you ask. But certainly all his movies COULD BE seen as being ripped off from somewhere else.

When I look at all the Tarantino movies laid out on the table, I dislike more than I like. But I like Dogs and Pulp so much that I conveniently forget all the crap that followed Jackie Brown.

The good news is though he has a Silver Surfer poster on his wall.

Or like...

But yeah, saw that poster way back in '92.

Then there are the other Fantastic Four referenced in conversation.

16 years after that, he'd go on to play Abomination. It was an abomination! He looked more like Swamp Thing!

I would say watching it now that Buscemi steals the film, maybe he has the best part but whatever he steals the film. The funniest bit is when they're arguing about the names.

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?!"

"Because you're a f****!"

"How about 'Mr. Purple'? I'll bump you Mr. Purple. How about that?"

It's been a while since I've seen it but it's close to those lines yeah?

I would say watching it now that Buscemi steals the film, maybe he has the best part but whatever he steals the film. The funniest bit is when they're arguing about the names.

No he just says, "You're not Mr Purple you're Mr Pink. Mr Purple is some guy on some other job." That guy Laurence Tierney is good it's the way he says it. Actually Tarantino cracked me up saying "Mr Brown is a little to close to Mr Shit!" :LOL:

Edited by treeduck

Or like...

But yeah, saw that poster way back in '92.

Then there are the other Fantastic Four referenced in conversation.

16 years after that, he'd go on to play Abomination. It was an abomination! He looked more like Swamp Thing!

Yeah Roth mentions The Thing and the Fantastic Four. I really don't like Roth's acting though especially the parts where he's been shot.

Chris Penn is very good in this too. Was he not in the poll?

That scene where they all shoot each other and so everyone is lying around shot is a bit stupid really.

As I said in the poll, it's not about their acting in this movie specifically. It was overall career. I'm sure some skipped that thought.

And I'm guessing nobody would've voted Chris Penn over White, Pink, and Blonde.

I didn't include Marvin Nash either. :P

No he just says, "You're not Mr Purple you're Mr Pink. Mr Purple is some guy on some other job." That guy Laurence Tierney is good it's the way he says it. Actually Tarantino cracked me up saying "Mr Brown is a little to close to Mr Shit!" :LOL:

I'd bet my life that that f****t line is said at some point in that same conversation. Watch it again.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I'd bet my life that that f***** line is said at some point in that same conversation. Watch it again.

No he doesn't say it.

This is exactly what they say:

Joe: "Here are your names: Mr. Brown, Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr Orange, Mr Pink."

Mr Pink: "Why am I Mr. Pink?"

Joe: "Because you're a fagggot alright?"

Mr. Pink: "Why can't we pick our own colours?"

Joe: No way, no way. Tried it once it doesn't work, you get four guys all fighting over who gets to be Mr. Black and they don't know each other so nobody wants to back down. No way, I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow."

Mr. Brown: "Yeah but Mr. Brown that's a little too close to Mr. Shit."

Mr. Pink: "Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy. How about if I'm Mr. Purple? That sounds good to me I'll be Mr. Purple."

Joe: "You're not Mr. Purple, some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple. You're Mr. Pink!"

Mr. White: "Who cares what your name is?"

Mr. Pink: "Yeah that's easy for you to say, you're Mr. White you have a cool-sounding name. Alright look if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink you wanna trade?"

Joe: "Hey nobody's trading with anybody. This ain't a goddamn f***ing city council meeting you know. Now listen up Mr. Pink there's two ways you can go on this job, my way or the highway. Now what's it gonna be Mr. Pink?"

Mr. Pink: "Jesus Christ Joe f***ing forget about it. It's beneath me you know, I'm Mr. Pink. Let's move on."

Joe: "I'll move on when I feel like it. You guys got the goddamn message? I'm so goddamn mad hollering at you guys I can hardly talk. Let's go to work."

• Like 1

I'd bet my life that that f***** line is said at some point in that same conversation. Watch it again.

No he doesn't say it.

Joe: "Here are your names: Mr. Brown, Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr Orange, Mr Pink."

Joe: No way, no way. Tried it once it doesn't work, you get four guys all fighting over who gets to be Mr. Black and they don't know each other so nobody wants to back down. No way, I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow."

Mr. Pink: "Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy. How about if I'm Mr. Purple? That sounds good to me I'll be Mr. Purple."

Joe: "You're not Mr. Purple, some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple. You're Mr. Pink!"

Mr. Pink: "Yeah that's easy for you to say, you're Mr. White you have a cool-sounding name. Alright look if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink you wanna trade?"

Joe: "Hey nobody's trading with anybody. This ain't a goddamn f***ing city council meeting you know. Now listen up Mr. Pink there's two ways you can go on this job, my way or the highway. Now what's it gonna be Mr. Pink?"

Mr. Pink: "Jesus Christ Joe f***ing forget about it. It's beneath me you know, I'm Mr. Pink. Let's move on."

Joe: "I'll move on when I feel like it. You guys got the goddamn message? I'm so goddamn mad hollering at you guys I can hardly talk. Let's go to work."

Now that's a delivery!

I was close but no cigar!

Chop my ear off while playing "Stuck in the Middle with You" :yes:

• Like 1

No he doesn't say it.

Now that's a delivery!

I was reading an article about the film earlier and Michael Madsen wanted the role of Mr Pink because there was more screen time with Harvey Keitel (and probably because it's better part) but Tarantino said no you're Mr. Blonde or you're not in the movie. He was right too Madsen wouldn't be right as Mr. Pink but he is perfect as Mr. Blonde.

He also said he didn't know what to do when they were about to film the ear-cutting scene, in the script it said Mr Blonde dances maniacally. Madsen said he didn't even know what that was supposed to mean but he had to do something so he just danced around a bit and didn't know if it would be any good. That's the one they used though because he didn't have to do it again.

• Like 1

And so according to this I've got a cool-sounding name. :smoke:

No he doesn't say it.

Now that's a delivery!

I was reading an article about the film earlier and Michael Madsen wanted the role of Mr Pink because there was more screen time with Harvey Keitel (and probably because it's better part) but Tarantino said no you're Mr. Blonde or you're not in the movie. He was right too Madsen wouldn't be right as Mr. Pink but he is perfect as Mr. Blonde.

He also said he didn't know what to do when they were about to film the ear-cutting scene, in the script it said Mr Blonde dances maniacally. Madsen said he didn't even know what that was supposed to mean but he had to do something so he just danced around a bit and didn't know if it would be any good. That's the one they used though because he didn't have to do it again.

Yeah, I read that somewhere before too.

Can't imagine Madsen lying on the ground being kicked around by Keitel then pulling a gun on him as Mr. Pink did.

He was perfect as Mr. Blonde as Buscemi was perfect as Mr. Pink.

• Like 1

And so according to this I've got a cool-sounding name. :smoke:

No he doesn't say it.

Now that's a delivery!

Yeah, I read that somewhere before too.

Can't imagine Madsen lying on the ground being kicked around by Keitel then pulling a gun on him as Mr. Pink did.

He was perfect as Mr. Blonde as Buscemi was perfect as Mr. Pink.

Yeah Madsen is good at playing those dangerous on the edge psychopaths. He just has that weird energy, like he's going to do something violent any moment. And Buscemi is perfect as a more laid back guy who can get mad but mostly just occasionally bitches about things.

• Like 1

Glad to see JB and TD are still keeping the forum alive.

Cheers mates!

My life is fuckking crazy and fun!

Cheers!

Let me know when RUSH plays three shows in a row in Toronto.

I will go to all three.

There are so many RUSH poser fans on this Board I mean Bored that it makes me laugh out loud.

SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!

LOVE

KISS!

That is for 73 and all of the people on this forum who have hated me for my CAPS ON! YELLING!!!

LOL!

YES! INDUCTED!

RUSH INDUCED!

BEAT IT!

MICHAEL JACKSON

ROUNDABOUT

• Like 2

Met Stephen Pearcy last week! Great show for a fuckking old man.

While all of you wankers are jacking off to RUSH and how over they are I just saw 8 shows in 14 days.

Get A Grip Steven Tyler and MOVE ON!

SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!

LOVE

KISS!

That is for 73 and all of the people on this forum who have hated me for my CAPS ON! YELLING!!!

I don't care about the YELLING. I care about stuff like your RRHOF thread, and stuff like this:

While all of you wankers are jacking off to RUSH and how over they are I just saw 8 shows in 14 days.

You're a TRF treasure, RH, and this place wouldn't be the same without you, but you seem to forget this is an all ages forum. Please try and remember that.

Get A Grip Steven Tyler and MOVE ON!

I've got the new Stephen Pearcy album Earl. I've not listened to it yet but what I heard before I got it I liked.

Where you been Earl??

:yes:

I went with Keitel and A, though that could be the nostalgia talking.

I enjoy Buscemi the most, but Keitel seems like a better actor. Madsen is not a very good actor at all, though he's great in this movie.