Countdown for treeduck!

greyfriar

STORM - best comic ever.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/StormDieGruumlneHoumllle_zpsuyirb380.jpg

• Like 1

Well, this is going in here because because:

http://nerdsonearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/W2PL-MARVEL-002.jpg

You got all the classic drawings in there. :yes:

Excellent! :notworthy:

I see some Ditko, Byrne, Cockrum, Kirby, and others whose names I can't place at the moment.

Which character from that picture is the least heralded of the bunch would you say? I know which one I would say is...

I bet not even 70% of Marvel fans could identify Lockjaw.

What about Banshee?

Oops, I meant 30% not 70%. Some might be able to identify him since that crappy teen Banshee in First Class.

Plus, Banshee was in the 90's X-Men cartoon

(not on the team, just on Muir Island)

I think I stopped watching by then. I was never satisfied with the art or Rogue. And the episodes with Colossus, Iceman, and Nightcrawler (if there were more appearances than their first ones, I didn't see them) were really unsatisfying

Yeah, I didn't like Nightcrawler on the show. In the comics he's my favourite X-Man, but I like his swashbuckler side, and they went solely the religious route on the show.

As for Rogue...saywhat?...I still have a huge thing for Southern Belles entirely because of 90's cartoon Rogue. Ah do declayah, sugah, that accent does things to me. :blush:

:LOL:

I grew up in Florida, on the border of Georgia. I'd had my fill of the southern belle accent! :LOL:

That makes sense. That'll be the same reason why I've never understood all the fuss about English accents.

I like her better in her earlier comic appearances (as a villain) is what it really boils down to.

Yeah, her Pentagon battle with the X-Men was classic, and I recently read her first appearance, where she beat the stuffing out of the Avengers without breaking a sweat.

I like the period in the comics where she'd just joined the team, but nobody trusts or likes her. Kinda nice pointing out the X-Men's hypocrisy when it comes to the whole "hate and fear" thing. It's not until her and Wolvie get into serious scrapes in Japan that anyone starts to trust her.

That was a nice character arc

I had that first appearance that you're talking about. It was an Avengers annual with the "New" Brotherhood of Evil Mutants led by Mystique (not to be confused with the crappy Jennifer Lawrence version ;) ). In that first appearance, Rogue absorbed Thor's energy, decks the Vision, and throws Wonder Man into the side of a dumpster. That was one quality first appearance!

• Like 1

I see some Ditko, Byrne, Cockrum, Kirby, and others whose names I can't place at the moment.

Which character from that picture is the least heralded of the bunch would you say? I know which one I would say is...

What about Banshee?

Oops, I meant 30% not 70%. Some might be able to identify him since that crappy teen Banshee in First Class.

I think I stopped watching by then. I was never satisfied with the art or Rogue. And the episodes with Colossus, Iceman, and Nightcrawler (if there were more appearances than their first ones, I didn't see them) were really unsatisfying

Yeah, I didn't like Nightcrawler on the show. In the comics he's my favourite X-Man, but I like his swashbuckler side, and they went solely the religious route on the show.

As for Rogue...saywhat?...I still have a huge thing for Southern Belles entirely because of 90's cartoon Rogue. Ah do declayah, sugah, that accent does things to me. :blush:

I grew up in Florida, on the border of Georgia. I'd had my fill of the southern belle accent! :LOL:

That makes sense. That'll be the same reason why I've never understood all the fuss about English accents.

I like her better in her earlier comic appearances (as a villain) is what it really boils down to.

Yeah, her Pentagon battle with the X-Men was classic, and I recently read her first appearance, where she beat the stuffing out of the Avengers without breaking a sweat.

I like the period in the comics where she'd just joined the team, but nobody trusts or likes her. Kinda nice pointing out the X-Men's hypocrisy when it comes to the whole "hate and fear" thing. It's not until her and Wolvie get into serious scrapes in Japan that anyone starts to trust her.

I had that first appearance that you're talking about. It was an Avengers annual with the "New" Brotherhood of Evil Mutants led by Mystique (not to be confused with the crappy Jennifer Lawrence version ;) ). In that first appearance, Rogue absorbed Thor's energy, decks the Vision, and throws Wonder Man into the side of a dumpster. That was one quality first appearance!

Here it is! Had this comic as a kid but sold it (along with other comics) back in uni to pay for classes one term. Man, that was painful to do.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L6WPciMvivY/T7-b3waddwI/AAAAAAAAHp4/yzC1Ea6Q9ys/s1600/009.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3yHmTtr4N5U/UP7IkqrWfLI/AAAAAAAA4xY/8ygiNAa6dhM/s1600/01.22.13.02+-+Vs.+Thor.jpg

• Like 2

What about Banshee?

Here it is! Had this comic as a kid but sold it (along with other comics) back in uni to pay for classes one term. Man, that was painful to do.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L6WPciMvivY/T7-b3waddwI/AAAAAAAAHp4/yzC1Ea6Q9ys/s1600/009.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3yHmTtr4N5U/UP7IkqrWfLI/AAAAAAAA4xY/8ygiNAa6dhM/s1600/01.22.13.02+-+Vs.+Thor.jpg

What happened to Rogue's hair there she looks like she's gone for the bull dyke look.

What about Banshee?

What happened to Rogue's hair there she looks like she's gone for the bull dyke look.

That's what she used to look like. She didn't start to grow her hair long until well after she'd joined the X-Men

What about Banshee?

That's what she used to look like. She didn't start to grow her hair long until well after she'd joined the X-Men

What year was that then?

What about Banshee?

What year was that then?

She didn't join the X-men until 1983

Before the classic Jim Lee curly hair look of the cartoon, she went through a whole variety of mullets...but that's the 80's for you

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148344/4666925-2304747-whathappened.jpg

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

What about Banshee?

What year was that then?

She didn't join the X-men until 1983

Before the classic Jim Lee curly hair look of the cartoon, she went through a whole variety of mullets...but that's the 80's for you

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148344/4666925-2304747-whathappened.jpg

1983 the year I was born, of course I was also born in 1981 and many other years. :smoke:

What about Banshee?

What year was that then?

I couldn't find an image of it but there's a great panel of Wonder Man being thrown full speed into a dumpster with Beast or Hawkeye saying something like "Holy CRIPES! She trashed Wonder Man!"

The art was really different for the time too but i liked it.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/StormYggdrassil_zpstiq8gtda.jpg
  • Like 1

T minus 2 days :hail:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/StormRothaar_zpsfnzfjegp.jpg

• Like 1

Duck,

If there's one tangible item you could have for your birthday, what would it be?

(Not including money, women, or anything like a yacht or Ferrari)

I think you've covered everything there.

What about a treasure map???

I didn't realise but Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller was also born on March 5, 1955 though not 1967.

...and in 1948 Eddy was born that day... :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3ALvb16EE

• Like 1

I didn't realise but Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller was also born on March 5, 1955 though not 1967.

Also, Eva Mendes' birthday (in '74)

http://www.theplace2.ru/archive/eva_mendes/img/EvaMendes.jpg

March 5 is the day to be born! :hail:

Hope Your Birthday is an EXCELLENT DAY, Treeduck!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Celebration%20Day/Happy%20Birthday%20Kitty.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Goose%20banana.jpg

• Like 1

Hope Your Birthday is an EXCELLENT DAY, Treeduck!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Celebration%20Day/Happy%20Birthday%20Kitty.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Goose%20banana.jpg

Thanks mate. :martini:

• Like 1