The Official John Wetton Thread! R.I.P. To One Of The Greatest Singers And Bassists In The World! "DON'T CRY!"

RUSHHEAD666

I'm crying tonight which I don't do often for rock stars.

I did for SRV and for Bowie.

Wetton changed my life as a kid.

Addicted to metal and prog in the early 80's.

So I bought the self titled ASIA album.

SUPERGROUP right?

Well I know they all got a lot of shit for doing a commercial record, but as a young lad who was already addicted to RUSH and the drums I loved playing to the first ASIA album.

Wildest Dreams blew my mind. I mastered that song because I loved Palmer's solo on it. So fun to play.

As homage to the greatest of Mr. Wetton and the original Asia guys.

I can't wait to play my drums to the first ASIA album tomorrow.

Well I guess that would be today.

Wetton was one of the best all around musical talents.

Ever.

"I can hear the battle cry......"

"The Smile Has Left My Eyes."

• Like 4

I am SO happy that I got to see the original Asia lineup in 2008 twice...

That first Asia record was the album I played the most in 1982, before I got immersed in Metal.

Later on, maybe 10 years later...I remember going to my friend's record store and he was playing RED. I flipped out and bought a used LP of it that day, only to realize that my copy had the same songs on both sides! A misprint! A collectors item, maybe? LOL... I eventually got a corrected copy.

RIP John ....

• Like 3

Gee...R.I.P.

Who do we have filling all these giants' shoes?

Slim Pickings man

I just listened to the last ASIA album twice tonight. "Gravitas." It's epic melodic prog pop. The album makes me so sad now.

Weston will always remain a Legend.

That first Asia record was the album I played the most in 1982, before I got immersed in Metal.

Later on, maybe 10 years later...I remember going to my friend's record store and he was playing RED. I flipped out and bought a used LP of it that day, only to realize that my copy had the same songs on both sides! A misprint! A collectors item, maybe? LOL... I eventually got a corrected copy.

RIP John ....

I saw the orginal first tour back in the day. I regret often never seeing them again

• Like 1

RIP John ....

Which side?

• Like 1