If Geddy & Alex make new music together, the band should be called...

JohnnyBlaze

Geddy + Alex = ?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. If Geddy & Alex were to make new music together, the musical act should be called...

• Rush
    • Lee/Lifeson (insert "The" before "Lee" and "Project" or "Experiment" after "Lifeson" if you wish)
    • Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson (insert "The" before "Lee" and "Project" or "Experiment" after "Lifeson" if you wish)
    • some variation of a Rush tune/album
    • something completely unrelated to their names or Rush but a kind of joke/silly band name
    • something completely unrelated to their names or Rush but a legit attempt at a band name
    • They won't make new music together so it doesn't matter.
    • I believe there's a real chance Peart will return and there will be a new Rush album with all 3.
  2. 2. Which thought is closest to yours?

• I'm POSITIVE Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm very confident Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm somewhat confident Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm not very confident Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm POSITIVE Geddy and Alex will NOT make new music together.
    • I can't even begin to guess either way.
    • I'm not sold that Peart is actually retired.

I think they could talk Neil into doing short sessions for one more album at a studio near his house so he can treat it like any regular job and come home to his family every evening. If it doesn't happen this year or next, then it probably won't, but I still think it's a real possibility for the near future.
  • Like 1

As we all know, there is a RUSH album called RUSH without Neil in the band, so I for one, would not be offended if the two of them worked together and continued to use the name RUSH. That said, I think it is extremely unlikely that any new RUSH material will be made without Neil's involvement. What I think is far more likely is that we get another Geddy Lee album with Ben Mink. If that album is half as good as My Favourite Headache, I would be overjoyed. I just hope that we get something new from Geddy and he doesn't retire by proxy. Edited by diatribein

As we all know, there is a RUSH album called RUSH without Neil in the band, so I for one, would not be offended if the two of them worked together and continued to use the name RUSH. That said, I think it is extremely unlikely that any new RUSH material will be made without Neil's involvement. What I think is far more likely is that we get another Geddy Lee album with Ben Mink. If that album is half as good as My Favourite Headache, I would be overjoyed. I just hope that we get something new from Geddy and he doesn't retire by proxy.

The way he's been buying basses I'd be very surprised if he doesn't put out something soon.

• Like 1