George Michael has passed away

LyndseyG

Any passing is sad. And I can appreciate his talent. But I find it amusing that on social

Media he is being touted as some sort of pop genius, while I only recall him being mocked while he was famous back in the day.

Typical "building someone up right after they died" kind of stuff. Michael had a great voice and wrote some great songs, but calling him a genius is definitely a major stretch.

Any passing is sad. And I can appreciate his talent. But I find it amusing that on social

Media he is being touted as some sort of pop genius, while I only recall him being mocked while he was famous back in the day.

You could say this about Rush. Sure they are media and critical darlings now, but they've been abused most of their career. It doesn't diminish their talent though.

• Like 2

Typical "building someone up right after they died" kind of stuff. Michael had a great voice and wrote some great songs, but calling him a genius is definitely a major stretch.

I heard someone say the other day he should have gotten the Queen gig. If he had, I am pretty sure people would have been KILLING them for choosing the dude from Wham!