Magnificent live albums!!!

greyfriar

Just post/introduce one live album that you really love...Thank you. :hail:

I know this thread should start with ATWAS, or maybe a hundred other great live albums, but I decided to go with an outsider.

A great live document from the year 1977 and if you're in the mood to listen to a great Rock'n'Roll party, this is the one for you.

It contains the best show introduction ever... :givebeer:

...Is there anybody out there that wants to rock?...

...Is there anybody out there that wants to roll?...

...and is there anybody out there that wants to boogie?...

...tonight...L(o)ive...from The Apollo...Glasgow...

...we have the number one Rock'n'Roll band in the land...

...will you welcome...the magnificent...STATUS QUO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_dOPI7bFY

• Like 6

What if you can't think of one? I don't even remember the last time I put a live album (music only) on. Maybe 1998?

Live video, different story. Maybe it's a musician thing for me, being able to watch the musicians play.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Custom will post Live At Leeds ;) , so I will post this gem which is, in my opinion, the best live album ever:

http://youtu.be/vOr6vrIF4D8

That one took the popularity of live albums to a whole new level. I remember a friend of mine who insisted that Peter's guitar was speaking.

That it did. I think the reason was that no one really knew much of his music before the live album so we had nothing to compare it to.

Also, Frampton was the first concert I ever went to that I wasn't disappointed. It's hard to mess up a live album. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

What if you can't think of one? I don't even remember the last time I put a live album (music only) on. Maybe 1998?

Live video, different story. Maybe it's a musician thing for me, being able to watch the musicians play.

Start a live video thread?! :smoke: :haz: :LOL:

I think this one deserves a mention too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlwbEg9zxy0

I played that album to death when I was eleven. Still have that vinyl and it sounds great with the scratches of all those years. Seems so crazy that I'm still sitting here today, still sinking into the same old music.

Why are these 70's live albums so good? Tons of stuff and most of it is absolutely great. Best decade in rock!!!

• Like 1

I played that album to death when I was eleven. Still have that vinyl and it sounds great with the scratches of all those years. Seems so crazy that I'm still sitting here today, still sinking into the same old music.

Why are these 70's live albums so good? Tons of stuff and most of it is absolutely great. Best decade in rock!!!

There's was just an unbelievable run of great live albums in the 70's. Even back then we used to talk about it as huge deal.

• Like 1

There's was just an unbelievable run of great live albums in the 70's. Even back then we used to talk about it as huge deal.

Great times. Me and some friends drove regularly on our bikes to the next record store and bought something just because it was double live and the band photos looked cool. The listening sessions were epic. :hail:

• Like 1

Another classic out of the endless list. Haven't heard it in ages, but I think I will revisit this one.

I'm still listening to a dangerous live album right now. :hail:

• Like 4

Another classic out of the endless list. Haven't heard it in ages, but I think I will revisit this one.

I'm still listening to a dangerous live album right now. :hail:

The recent reissue includes an extra disc full of great renditions of more KANSAS classics from that tour. It's really nicely packaged too.

• Like 3