Geddy: 'I Think I've Accepted That' RUSH Has Done Its Last Tour"

zappafrank

Some friendly advice to anyone that is in denial, or doesn't understand, or wants to throw shit at Neil: read his latest book. I found it to be more enjoyable than other recent books (probably as it reflected more on the subject matter of Rush, even with alot of touring diary as well.)...You may not agree with him (clearly, even his good friend Geddy has a different opinion), but you have to respect his choice in how to live the rest of his life...The dude went through hell and came back and gave 13 more years packed with music and shows. Let him live his life.

Neil Peart hologram...yes seriously.

You've said that so many times that I'm beginning to think you're serious.

:rush: has always embraced technology while not being slaves to it. Imagine a cutting edge Neil Peart hologram playing drums with live Alex and Geddy. It could even change age ranges with the set list!

I still think you're joking.

People pay money to see Pink Floyd or Led Zep laser light shows at the planetarium? Why not Geddy and Sausage Fingers live with a Peart hologram???

Because it's not Gilmour or Waters and some holograms or Plant & Page with holograms. As you said, those are laser light shows. Rush laser light show, sure. Save the holograms for some bullshit J-pop or K-pop band or some Asian idol groups.

Some friendly advice to anyone that is in denial, or doesn't understand, or wants to throw shit at Neil: read his latest book. I found it to be more enjoyable than other recent books (probably as it reflected more on the subject matter of Rush, even with alot of touring diary as well.)...You may not agree with him (clearly, even his good friend Geddy has a different opinion), but you have to respect his choice in how to live the rest of his life...The dude went through hell and came back and gave 13 more years packed with music and shows. Let him live his life.

:rush: has always embraced technology while not being slaves to it. Imagine a cutting edge Neil Peart hologram playing drums with live Alex and Geddy. It could even change age ranges with the set list!

People pay money to see Pink Floyd or Led Zep laser light shows at the planetarium? Why not Geddy and Sausage Fingers live with a Peart hologram???

Because it's not Gilmour or Waters and some holograms or Plant & Page with holograms. As you said, those are laser light shows. Rush laser light show, sure. Save the holograms for some bullshit J-pop or K-pop band or some Asian idol groups.

$12.99 at the planetarium you not going???

• Like 1

$12.99 at the planetarium you not going???

Try convincing others that a laser light show and Neil Peart hologram are the same because you're not convincing me.

The release of this documentary certainly raises the possibility of a Geddy/Alex collaboration. In fact, I believe that's what it's all about. Out with the old, in with the new.

There is no other reason for this doc to exist - they are setting the stage for a different act.

Who knows, maybe they can recruit Charlie Watts.

Thanks Neil. We really appreciate it. I sincerely hope your happy now that someone that is supposed to be your friend now has to accept that HIS OWN BAND will no longer play live because of you.

Yeah, Neil's an introvert and can come off as a cold jerk. But how many of us are introverts (I am) and can act the same way?

Personally I hate that they won't tour, and as much as I know it's irrational I have some resentment towards Neil. Rush is such a part of my life, how could I not feel that way?

But then...but then I remember it was Neil that reached out to Ged and Al to get back together to record VT and in the end give us 13 more years. And if he hadn't done that there wouldn't have been 4 studio albums, numerous concert videos and I don't know how many concert dates. And the R&R hall of fame. And "I Love You, Man". And The Colbert Show. And Drum Solo week on Letterman. And an appearance on Chicago Fire. And Beyond the Lighted Stage. And Time Stand Still. And vindication for the band and for us fans. And whatever else I can't think of at the moment.

None of that would have happened without those phone calls from Neil in the early 2000's.

So, thank you, Neil, for giving us more than we could have hoped for these last 15 years.

• Like 2