Brad Pitt is an amazing actor.

Joking

Edited by Segue Myles

Joking

Seven years in Tibet, inglorious basterds, fight club. He's definitely had his moments.

I love Inglorious Basterds but thought the film would have been much stronger without the actual Inglorious Basterds

Joking

:LOL: I know.

We disagree on a lot of movies but with actors we agree more than 50% of the time. Kind of surprising to me :LOL:

I enjoy our film discussions! It's nice to have opposite views if they are not close minded. And as for actors...

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

• Like 1

Joking

Seven years in Tibet, inglorious basterds, fight club. He's definitely had his moments.

Didn't see Tibet and didn't think he was anything special in Inglourious or Fight Club. What I did think was crap in was Across the Tracks, Seven, and Troy. There are tons more but those are my stand outs. He's nothing more than a face to me. I'd even put Ben Affleck above him.

Joking

We disagree on a lot of movies but with actors we agree more than 50% of the time. Kind of surprising to me :LOL:

I enjoy our film discussions! It's nice to have opposite views if they are not close minded. And as for actors...

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Watts? Yeah she's hot. :LOL:

Really though, somehow I've only seen her in 3 flicks---Ring, King Kong, and Birdman. I think I'd need to see her in a drama or just more movies. But what I've seen, she's alright. I want to see her in The Impossible.

As far as current actresses go, Julianne Moore is probably my favorite. And I already know that you like her.

• Like 1

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Really though, somehow I've only seen her in 3 flicks---Ring, King Kong, and Birdman. I think I'd need to see her in a drama or just more movies. But what I've seen, she's alright. I want to see her in The Impossible.

As far as current actresses go, Julianne Moore is probably my favorite. And I already know that you like her.

I watched The Ring again recently and couldn't believe how hot she is...I never noticed before! How is she not a bigger sex symbol?

I also really love King Kong.

The Impossible is one of the most underrated films of recent times. Everyone did a superb job in that one...

• Like 1

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

I watched The Ring again recently and couldn't believe how hot she is...I never noticed before! How is she not a bigger sex symbol?

The Impossible is one of the most underrated films of recent times. Everyone did a superb job in that one...

Well, she's a big sex symbol in my libido!

Will get a hold of The Impossible next week when I hit up my DVD shop. Kept putting it off and forgetting it. I like Ewan McGregor so that helps. And I just remembered---it also has Tom Holland, the new Spidey actor who I've only seen in 2 movies so it'd be good to see how good he is.

Forgot this was a Doctor Strange thread but hey, I shoehorned Spidey in there with this post! :blaze:

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Will get a hold of The Impossible next week when I hit up my DVD shop. Kept putting it off and forgetting it. I like Ewan McGregor so that helps. And I just remembered---it also has Tom Holland, the new Spidey actor who I've only seen in 2 movies so it'd be good to see how good he is.

Forgot this was a Doctor Strange thread but hey, I shoehorned Spidey in there with this post! :blaze:

The Impossible is a mega treat!

I like Ewan Mcgregor as well.

Just a good solid Marvel movie. Love the MC Escher esque visuals. He's my favorite painter of all time. Love some of the dry humor especially with that vending machine scene.

Plus, I'll see anything with my celeb crush, McAdams, :wub: in it even if it's crap. I'm looking at you, Aloha and Passion!

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Get some tissues because it's quite depressing in some aftermath scenes. Both great actors.

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Watch I :heart: Huckabees. She's against type in a bubbly comedic role. Very weird movie, though.

Yep, the one directed by that asshole who called a professional legend, Lily Tomlin, the C word on the set and got punched by George Clooney for bullying the crew on Three Kings.

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Get some tissues because it's quite depressing in some aftermath scenes. Both great actors.

Given the premise of The Impossible, I imagine there are plenty of depressing pieces. I have to admit though, I might have a heart made of stone as no movie has made me cry. Yet.

Joking

Naomi Watts? Verdict?

Watch I :heart: Huckabees. She's against type in a bubbly comedic role. Very weird movie, though.

Yep, the one directed by that asshole who called a professional legend, Lily Tomlin, the C word on the set and got punched by George Clooney for bullying the crew on Three Kings.

David O. Russell? Didn't know anything about him except for the few movies I've seen that he's directed. He's got a 2-1 record with me so I think I could check out Huckabees. Never heard of it though.

I haven't been a fan of anything Ben has done since Sherlock. So if I see it, it'll be on DVD.

I expect nothing less. I mean, why bother giving someone another crack at entertaining you right?

Not sure what you mean by that? Do you regularly go see movies with actors in them that you don't care for?

I'm pretty sure Tomb's agreeing with you.

Example: After watching several flicks of Brad Pitt's, I don't like him so I don't give him any more cracks at trying to entertain me.

Finally, someone who understands me. Too bad you're married already

:LOL:

Nut!

I haven't been a fan of anything Ben has done since Sherlock. So if I see it, it'll be on DVD.

Have you seen he imitation game?

I haven't...just wondered if that was a miss for you as everyone I know seems to proper love it

Yeah I went with a friend to see it since they like him but I was bored. I just don't get all the hoopla about him.

I love him to be honest...but I have a similar issue with Eddie Redmayne.

But that is mostly because he and I look so similar and have similar mannerisms and I get hounded with the comparison all the time (it doesn't help that we both have soft, posh English accents).

You see it more in person than photograph...but yeah both these English actors are everywhere atm

That's interesting. I was kind of bummed when he was cast as the lead in Fantastic Beasts. Something about his face, maybe it's his mouth but it really annoys me. I'm generally very laid-back when it comes to actors so I don't want to make it sound like it I don't like a lot of them.

Just got back from watching it.

I thought it was amazing!

Stuck around for both post credits scenes.

The credits scene with Thor gives the impression that Doc Strange may show up in Thor: Ragnarok.

I hope so.

• Like 2

Just got back from watching it.

I thought it was amazing!

Stuck around for both post credits scenes.

The credits scene with Thor gives the impression that Doc Strange may show up in Thor: Ragnarok.

I hope so.

Was so tempted to check out what you wrote under spoiler but refrained. But then when I quoted you just now, I saw it accidentally (because quoting doesn't conceal spoilers). Oops.

I'm not surprised with that spoiler though and I think I read before that something like that was going to happen. It kind of has to happen anyway.

I went out last night to see this. Don't often go out to the movies but figured some escape from reality would be good for me.

It was fun, decent, good, ok. Another good Marvel movie. Never really read the comic but enjoyed the movie. Worth seeing once - IMO. Sometimes I just feel that the Marvel movies would be so much better with less in them. Slow down a bit, tone them done a bit, a little less action and make the action less chaotic, for lack of a better word. Then they could be really good. Its was a fine movie overall. Not going to see it again however.

• Like 1

I went out last night to see this. Don't often go out to the movies but figured some escape from reality would be good for me.

It was fun, decent, good, ok. Another good Marvel movie. Never really read the comic but enjoyed the movie. Worth seeing once - IMO. Sometimes I just feel that the Marvel movies would be so much better with less in them. Slow down a bit, tone them done a bit, a little less action and make the action less chaotic, for lack of a better word. Then they could be really good. Its was a fine movie overall. Not going to see it again however.

Saw it last night as well. I agree 100%. It was well in line with Marvel's movie formula. The style and characters made it go from a mindless blockbuster movie to a good movie. I kinda wish they'd stop with the massive boss fight setpiece at the end of every film. They don't always need one.

The reveal at the end made about Strange's relic me cringe since they were basically beating the audience with allusions to it the whole movie.

Edited by USB Connector