Crimsonmistymemory: 460

g under p: 456

Ancient Ways: 434

Disembodied Spirit: 415

Principled Man: 414

Week 6 leader: Disembodied Spirit

Overall leader: treeduck

http://i.imgur.com/DskDdVG.png

Congratulations, Disembodied Spirit and treeduck!

Recap

Overall leader: treeduck

Week 6 leader: Disembodied Spirit

Week 5 leaders: Crimsonmistymemory & liquidcrystalcompass (tie)

Week 4 leader: treeduck

Week 3 leader: liquidcrystalcompass

Week 2 leader: KenJennings

Week 1 leader: Crimsonmistymemory

Week 1

Crimsonmistymemory: 116

treeduck: 113

g under p: 98

Ancient Ways: 93

KenJennings: 87

liquidcrystalcompass: 87

Principled Man: 87

Disembodied Spirit: 78

Week 2

KenJennings: 109

g under p: 95

Crimsonmistymemory: 86

liquidcrystalcompass: 85

Ancient Ways: 79

treeduck: 76

Disembodied Spirit: 74

Principled Man: 74

Week 3

liquidcrystalcompass: 80

treeduck: 77

KenJennings: 74

g under p: 62

Crimsonmistymemory: 59

Ancient Ways: 56

Principled Man: 54

Disembodied Spirit: 52

Week 4

treeduck: 78

Ancient Ways: 74

Principled Man: 64

liquidcrystalcompass: 62

g under p: 61

Crimsonmistymemory: 52

KenJennings: 50

Disembodied Spirit: 47

Week 5

Crimsonmistymemory: 79 (tie)

liquidcrystalcompass: 79 (tie)

g under p: 76

Disembodied Spirit: 74

Principled Man: 63

Ancient Ways: 62

KenJennings: 62

treeduck: 61

Back on the slide :d13:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Week 7:

15 - New England over Pittsburgh

14 - Cincinnati over Cleveland

13 - Atlanta over San Diego

12 - Denver over Houston

11 - Green Bay over Chicago

10 - Baltimore over NY Jets

9 - Los Angeles over NY Giants

8 - Buffalo over Miami

7 - Washington over Detroit

6 - Tennessee over Indianapolis

5 - San Francisco over Tampa Bay

4 - Kansas City over New Orleans

3 - Philadelphia over Minnesota

2 - Arizona over Seattle

1 - Jacksonville over Oakland

Week 7: Hemispheres Week

15 – Minnesota over Philadelphia

14 – New England over Pittsburgh

13 – Cincinnati over Cleveland

12 – Kansas City over New Orleans

11 – Atlanta over San Diego

10 – Tampa over San Francisco

9 – Green Bay over Chicago

8 – Denver over Houston

7 – Buffalo over Miami

6 – Jacksonville over Oakland

5 – Seattle over Arizona

4 – Washington over Detroit

3 – Baltimore over NY Jets

2 – NY Giants over LA Rams

1 – Tennessee over Indianapolis

Week 7

15 pts - Patriots (over the Steelers)

14 pts - Packers (over the Bears)

13 pts - Bengals (over the Browns)

12 pts - Clowns (over the Chargers)

11 pts - Vikings (over the Eagles)

10 pts - Ravens (over the Jets)

9 pts - Buccaneers (over the 49ers)

8 pts - Rams (over the Giants)

7 pts - Cardinals (over the Seahawks)

6 pts - Colts (over the Titans)

5 pts - Broncos (over the Texans)

4 pts - Redskins (over the Lions)

3 pts - Bills (over the Dolphins)

2 pts - Raiders (over the Jaguars)

1 pt - Saints (over the Chiefs)

Edited by treeduck

15 Pats over Steelers

14 Bengals over Browns

13 Packers over Bears

12 Chiefs over Saints

11 Vikings over Eagles

10 Falcons over Chargers

09 Broncos over Texans

08 Seahawks over Cardinals

07 Raiders over Jags

06 Titans over Colts

05 Bills over Dolphins

04 Ravens over Jets

03 Rams over Giants

02 Lions over Redskins

01 49ers over Bucs

Oh the horror of last week last place...from my phone again

Week 7

15pts...Packers over Bears

14pts...Patriots over Steelers

13pts...Bengals over Brown

12pts...Falcons over Chargers

11pts...Broncos over Texans

10pts...Chiefs over Saints

9pts....Vikings over Eagles

8pts....Ravens over Jets

7pts....Lions over Skins

6pts. ..Jags over Raiders

5pts. ...49ers over Bucs

4pts. ...Titans over Colts

3pts. ...Finns over Bills

2pts. ...Seahawks over Cardinals

1pt.....Giants over Rams

15 bengals over Browns

14 packers over bears

13 eagles over Vikings

12 Washington over lions

11 raiders over jags

10 falcons over chargers

9 patriots over steelers

8 bills over fins

7 Titans over colts

6 rams over Giants

5 Chiefs over saints

4 bucs over 9ers

3 jets over Ravens

2 Hawks over cards

1 Broncos over Texans

Fascinating.......the Packers are missing both running backs, their starting tight end AND their top three cornerbacks, and we're all still picking them to beat da Bears this week. :LOL: Da Bears must be pretty bad!! :LOL:
  • Like 1

Fascinating.......the Packers are missing both running backs, their starting tight end AND their top three cornerbacks, and we're all still picking them to beat da Bears this week. :LOL: Da Bears must be pretty bad!! :LOL:

I'm just thinking that Rodgers is going to get on track tonight.

I've got 14 points on them so Rodgers better do the business! :givebeer:

Ditto. Btw, I just read an article that patriots jerseys are in the top 3 sellers in Britain. That makes no sense to me. Any thoughts duck?

Ditto. Btw, I just read an article that patriots jerseys are in the top 3 sellers in Britain. That makes no sense to me. Any thoughts duck?

Well I suppose new fans of football mostly jump on the most successful bandwagon, and the Pats are the most successful team of the last decade or so. When I first got into NFL football I did the opposite! :16ton:

• Like 1

Well I suppose new fans of football mostly jump on the most successful bandwagon, and the Pats are the most successful team of the last decade or so. When I first got into NFL football I did the opposite! :16ton:

Their mascot is literally a revolutionary war era minuteman. Maybe it's the fact that they have England in the name...

Their mascot is literally a revolutionary war era minuteman. Maybe it's the fact that they have England in the name...

Could be, maybe these young people don't know their history?

Here Here! Well said, this would explain most Cowboy fans as well! It's all about name recognition and "America's Team" has been proliferated.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Here Here! Well said, this would explain most Cowboy fans as well! It's all about name recognition and "America's Team" has been proliferated.

That's not what the ratings dictate.

From NFL.com

2015 ratings from a 4-12 team.

There's a reason the Dallas Cowboys are called "America's Team," and that reason is probably because America loves watching them on TV.

Although the 4-12 Cowboys struggled on the field this year, they definitely didn't struggle in the TV ratings. According to the NFL, the three most-watched regular season games of the 2015 season involved the Cowboys.

Here's a look at the three highest-rated regular season games of the 2015 season.

1. Panthers at Cowboys (Thanksgiving Day) -- 32.5M (CBS)

2. Seahawks at Cowboys (Nov. 1, 2015) -- 29.4M (Fox)

3. Cowboys at Packers (Dec. 13, 2015) -- 28.9M (Fox)

America loves its drama, and the Cowboys were full of it in 2015. The Thanksgiving game marked Tony Romo's second game back after breaking his collarbone in Week 2. Not only did viewers tune in to see Romo, but most of them also probably wanted to see if the Cowboys could knock off the Panthers, who were 10-0 at the time.

That didn't happen though. Romo ended up getting injured and the Cowboys would end up losing 33-14.

• Like 1

From NFL.com

There's a reason the Dallas Cowboys are called "America's Team," and that reason is probably because America loves watching them on TV.

Although the 4-12 Cowboys struggled on the field this year, they definitely didn't struggle in the TV ratings. According to the NFL, the three most-watched regular season games of the 2015 season involved the Cowboys.

Here's a look at the three highest-rated regular season games of the 2015 season.

America loves its drama, and the Cowboys were full of it in 2015. The Thanksgiving game marked Tony Romo's second game back after breaking his collarbone in Week 2. Not only did viewers tune in to see Romo, but most of them also probably wanted to see if the Cowboys could knock off the Panthers, who were 10-0 at the time.

That didn't happen though. Romo ended up getting injured and the Cowboys would end up losing 33-14.

Well I was mainly referring to the fact I have been to games when my team host the Cowboys. There are more than a just a few cowboys fans that have never been to a game in Dallas. Or never have ever lived in or any where near Dallas. I have many many friends that are Cowboys fans that fall in the same category.

From NFL.com

Well I was mainly referring to the fact I have been to games when my team host the Cowboys. There are more than a just a few cowboys fans that have never been to a game in Dallas. Or never have ever lived in or any where near Dallas. I have many many friends that are Cowboys fans that fall in the same category.

They are the most popular team. There are so many people that have a deep hatred for the Cowboys and many of them deny the facts. Even when we suck, we are maxed out on prime time games. I read an article (that I've been trying to find) many years ago by John Madden, and he goes into detail as to why they are called America's team. The facts are undeniable unless you are lying to yourself. One of the things he said about the networks is that when they had doubts about prime time games, they would say just put on the Cowboys.
  • Like 1

I read an article (that I've been trying to find) many years ago by John Madden, and he goes into detail as to why they are called America's team. The facts are undeniable unless you are lying to yourself. One of the things he said about the networks is that when they had doubts about prime time games, they would say just put on the Cowboys.

Here is an undeniable fact: In the late 1970's, NFL Films made team highlight videos for every team. It was 1978 when Bob Ryan, editor-in-chief of NFL Films, was working on a title for the Cowboys' video. He decided on making the tile "America's Team", simply because of the star on the helmet (a patriotic symbol) and because the team was popular during that time. The NFL and the media ended up marketing the phrase "America's Team" to no end.

The Cowboys may be the most well-known NFL team in the country, but they are NOT the most popular. "America's Team" is simply a marketing gimmick. Bandwagon Cowboy fans are everywhere, and most of them are that way only because of the incessant marketing and bias by the sports networks.

p.s. I have total respect for real Cowboy fans - the ones who truly love football and follow the team through thick and thin. They have to endure a lot of flak from everyone else, and it's due to the huge media bias towards Jerry Jones and his mythical "America's Team". Real Cowboy fans also get a lot of flak because of all the fake, bandwagon fans around the country. It's not fair to them at all.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1