Epica

I haven't found a thread about these guys yet so I'll start one :) .

I have just got round to listening to their new single, Universal Death Squad, from their album coming out and it blew me away! I loved their previous stuff but this is just something else altogether in my opinion :D

Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 3

I really like that song.

They feel off my radar for a bit though. I completely missed the last album and for the life of me I can't figure out why?

I would say Design Your Universe is my favorite album from them.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I absolutely cannot stand this band...

But I am so pleased they are successful. They work hard on every album, are really nice guys, and rarely (if ever) play it safe.

But for whatever reason they never grabbed me and I am not a fan is Simone's voice.

But definitely proud of them! They are very popular in Europe.

I haven't found a thread about these guys yet so I'll start one :) .

I have just got round to listening to their new single, Universal Death Squad, from their album coming out and it blew me away! I loved their previous stuff but this is just something else altogether in my opinion :D

And then I play this song and I am blown away!!

I really like that song.

They feel off my radar for a bit though. I completely missed the last album and for the life of me I can't figure out why?

I would say Design Your Universe is my favorite album from them.

I've only discovered them recently (well, I've known about them for a while because of Nightwish but haven't listened to them until recently) so most of what I heard from them is from their last album and stuff from a few live videos on YouTube :)

But I am so pleased they are successful. They work hard on every album, are really nice guys, and rarely (if ever) play it safe.

But for whatever reason they never grabbed me and I am not a fan is Simone's voice.

I thought that you said somewhere that you like them? Maybe I'm mistaken.

It's the best song I've heard by them for sure :D

I can't say that I like them...I admire them strongly.

Saying "I can't stand them" is not fair really...I'm just always disappointed they don't grab my interest more!

• Like 1

One of my favourite bands. First heard them when The Divine Conspiracy came out and been a fan ever since. According to my iTunes top 25 most played songs The Spirit of Radio is top, Unleashed is second, and The Essence of Silence is third. Pretty much says it all, really! Already got my tickets for next February at Shepherd's Bush Empire and, on the basis of Universal Death Squad, it's going to be another awesome gig :haz: Edited by willowroolz
  • Like 1

One of my favourite bands. First heard them when The Divine Conspiracy came out and been a fan ever since. According to my iTunes top 25 most played songs The Spirit of Radio is top, Unleashed is second, and The Essence of Silence is third. Pretty much says it all, really! Already got my tickets for next February at Shepherd's Bush Empire and, on the basis of Universal Death Squad, it's going to be another awesome gig :haz:

Lucky bugger :LOL:

• Like 1

Saying "I can't stand them" is not fair really...I'm just always disappointed they don't grab my interest more!

I'm probably thinking of someone else or another band maybe.

But hey, maybe this album might change your opinion...

I'm probably thinking of someone else or another band maybe.

But hey, maybe this album might change your opinion...

Nah I went through a stage of really enjoying their music. Again, in more of a "wow they can play!" more than a "this band is my life!" kind of way.

Leaves Eyes are the band I really raved about this year. Try their album King Of Kings. Top three album of 2015 for me!

One of my favourite bands. First heard them when The Divine Conspiracy came out and been a fan ever since. According to my iTunes top 25 most played songs The Spirit of Radio is top, Unleashed is second, and The Essence of Silence is third. Pretty much says it all, really! Already got my tickets for next February at Shepherd's Bush Empire and, on the basis of Universal Death Squad, it's going to be another awesome gig :haz:

Too far for you to travel?

[listening the video] Not doing much for me. It's a mix of styles [djent, prog metal, classical, general meh] I'm just not digging. Her vocals aren't strong enough to cut through/rise above the music. It just sounds out of place/forced.

For some reason I keep hearing heavy Devin Townsend influence in here. (?)

[listening the video] Not doing much for me. It's a mix of styles [djent, prog metal, classical, general meh] I'm just not digging. Her vocals aren't strong enough to cut through/rise above the music. It just sounds out of place/forced.

For some reason I keep hearing heavy Devin Townsend influence in here. (?)

Pretty much my opinion.

Sounded ok on first listen, but faded quickly.

I find Simone to be the most characterless high profile female singer in European metal.

She can sing but her voice isn't right for the music. The whole package seems like... well, packaged. They're a record company's idea of what a hip sounding metal band would be. I can hear the drooling mid level accountants now... "People are going to suck this shit up". Apparently they have (I've not heard of them, and now I know why).

Yeah, and it's on a weekday so school will probably get in the way since I'd have to stay overnight.

Yeah, and it's on a weekday so school will probably get in the way since I'd have to stay overnight.

Shame :(

• Like 1

Shame :(

That's why I had to miss Haken as well :(

They announced a North American tour for this fall. My friend and I have never seen them and the closest they're getting is Toronto. So we've decided to take the short drive over the border to Canada and see them.
  • Like 1