What was WEIRD that happened to you today?

OldRUSHfan

The "rain smell"? Do you mean ozone?

No, that's the Lightning smell I know intrinsically what ozone smells like, I used to use OZIUM as an air freshener in my tokin' days....it's just a familiar moisture on plants, asphalt, etc. What's YOUR definition of Ozone smell?

Weirdest thing happened to me was today when my phone rang and I didn't recognise the number, so I googled it and got this:

http://www.cbsnews.c...mber-calling-me

Turned out it tried to make out it was my own number calling me. Weird thing is... the number that rang wasn't even mine. It even went to vm and there wasn't even a message.

:blink: :wacko:

IT WAS THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!! AAAAAAARGH!!!!

Weirdest thing happened to me was today when my phone rang and I didn't recognise the number, so I googled it and got this:

http://www.cbsnews.c...mber-calling-me

Turned out it tried to make out it was my own number calling me. Weird thing is... the number that rang wasn't even mine. It even went to vm and there wasn't even a message.

:blink: :wacko:

IT WAS THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!! AAAAAAARGH!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

• Like 1

No, that's the Lightning smell I know intrinsically what ozone smells like, I used to use OZIUM as an air freshener in my tokin' days....it's just a familiar moisture on plants, asphalt, etc. What's YOUR definition of Ozone smell?

So you just mean that damp smell like wet leaves and moisture in the air?

• Like 1

Exactly. You got it! :notworthy:

Exactly. You got it! :notworthy:

When I think of rain smell I think of the way asphalt smells when it gets wet on a hot summer day.

That's a different smell in my experience, wet asphalt on a hot summer day, (like when washing your vehicle) When it rains on a cool day, (my experience was at night after the sun was down for about an hour. :) :ebert:

Bought a cooler and the total came to $21.12. :LOL:

Did you break into a big smile when you saw that? I would have if it happened to me. Probably even laugh and mention it to the cashier who would then look at me like I was nuts wondering what the heck I was even talking about. :LOL:

We got a "reverse 911" call last night from the police that a woman was missing, last seen on our block. It was kind of creepy. I know, stuff can happen anywhere, but we are a boring area and the last time the police came was like 11 years ago when a lady broke her hip! They found the woman this morning on the other side of town; I'm guessing a friend picked her up or something. I'm just glad she was OK !

I need to live in your area. :LOL:

Yeah, me too. I'd give anything to live in a place I could feel reasonably safe.

I

It's not really bad here but eleven years and no cops. Must be nice.

Well, it's bad here. Didn't used to be, but it has become so the past two years.

Just keep those big rocks handy that we talked about when your husband is not around. And a cast iron skillet. :smash:

Cat iron skillet ready and waiting along with my Dutch oven. Ought to take care of them good. ;)

• Like 2

I've definitely had some purchases surprise me with a $21.12 total, including a tank of gas (during cheappp gas prices) clicking off on it. :cool: :cheers:

Did you break into a big smile when you saw that? I would have if it happened to me. Probably even laugh and mention it to the cashier who would then look at me like I was nuts wondering what the heck I was even talking about. :LOL:

I did smile and laugh a little, but didn't say anything to the cashier. She didn't look like she would comprehend.

• Like 2

I did smile and laugh a little, but didn't say anything to the cashier. She didn't look like she would comprehend.

That's even funnier. :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

We got a "reverse 911" call last night from the police that a woman was missing, last seen on our block. It was kind of creepy. I know, stuff can happen anywhere, but we are a boring area and the last time the police came was like 11 years ago when a lady broke her hip! They found the woman this morning on the other side of town; I'm guessing a friend picked her up or something. I'm just glad she was OK !

Yeah, me too. I'd give anything to live in a place I could feel reasonably safe.

I

Well, it's bad here. Didn't used to be, but it has become so the past two years.

Just keep those big rocks handy that we talked about when your husband is not around. And a cast iron skillet. :smash:

Cat iron skillet ready and waiting along with my Dutch oven. Ought to take care of them good. ;)

How did your steaks turn out?

• Like 1

I

How did your steaks turn out?

Having them tonight. I'll let you know tomorrow. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I was relaxing by the pool on vacation a few days ago and bird feces landed on my shoulder.

Forgive me for laughing, please.

:hug2:

'Shit happens' (sorry) :LOL:

• Like 2

Petrichor, the smell of dust after rain?

• Like 1

Don't know if I know that smell...... :blink: :banana:

Apparently that's what it's called.

Ah, the things you learn from Dr Who! :dweez:

• Like 1

I woke up and did not remember what year it was.

I blame the ambien and the booze

• Like 1

Apparently that's what it's called.

Ah, the things you learn from Dr Who! :dweez:

Things you learn from friends on TRF!!! :heart: :mwah: :rose: :notworthy: :LOL: :ebert: :clap: :) :wub: :banana:

• Like 2

Also, this word is NOT in the online Webster's Dictionary.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Writing/WritingGIF.gif