The League

JohnRogers

I realize I'm in danger of losing my Man Card but seriously three episodes in and I don't find The League funny. I'm not some elitist snob, I find the show just juvenile.
  • Like 1

Of course it's juvenile, most sitcoms are. It's a show about a group of friends who play in a fantasy football league together. What else would you expect?

It doesn't matter anyways, the show is in its last season and is done in like a month.

I love the League. I don't get the current season from my crappy cable provider, but I've watched it since season 1 (with last couple seasons caught up on netflix).

Yes, it's very low brow, but I find it very funny...and I'm a tough judge on what I like in comedy. Nothing to do with "Man Card"...some humor just isn't for everyone. The sports angle is a draw for me also.

The character of Rafi is hilarious! I just think all of the characters play off each other really well.

• Like 2

I really enjoy Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and at times take my fantasy football too seriously. There is a cleverness that IASIP has that The League lacks.

I liked the first season or two very much, and I find the more recent stuff to go too far on the ridiculous and uncomfortable scale than I would like, but I still enjoy watching.

I really enjoy Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and at times take my fantasy football too seriously. There is a cleverness that IASIP has that The League lacks.

I loved Sunny until season 5 and they totally jumped the shark when Mac started wearing a day suit but up until then it was golden.

Man, if the OP doesn't like this show because of it being juvenile then he is gonna hate Rafi :LOL:

The thing with this show is sometimes you just need to watch something stupid and have some laughs and I think it has always delivered when it comes to that.

Isn't most of the dialog improvised by the cast too? I thought I read that somewhere. It certainly feels like that when you're watching it.

I realize I'm in danger of losing my Man Card but seriously three episodes in and I don't find The League funny. I'm not some elitist snob, I find the show just juvenile.

I've never seen the show, but I will say this: If being a "man" requires enjoying the CRAP sitcoms on TV today, then I will gladly turn in my Man Card and never want it back.