Will [special song] be a permanent addition?

zappafrank

Haven't seen much speculation about whether Losing It will be kept.

Also, I did my best to avoid spoilers, but the Rush FB itself spoiled Losing It by posting a video of it right out in the open before the NY/NJ shows! Maybe they didn't think they'd find someone to play violin and intended for it to be a Toronto one-off?

Rush FB itself spoiled Losing It by posting a video of it right out in the open before the NY/NJ shows! Maybe they didn't think they'd find someone to play violin and intended for it to be a Toronto one-off?

Damn, I'm so glad I missed that! Made the guest musician announcement at the show an unbelievable moment of confusion-to-delight.

I'm pretty sure they are not playing Losing It again until possibly the LA show. Well ahead of NY/NJ there were rumors of "something special" and also for the LA show, so that's my guess anyway. FWIW, Jon Dinklage was in the string section for the entire CA tour runs, and lives in the NY metro area (grew up in Morristown, NJ area, I'm pretty sure). So perhaps there's another CA string section violinist in the LA area for that show also--I have no idea, and never really did any digging around for info about any of the string section members. I only learned of Jon Dinklage being in it after his brother appeared in the video screen footage for the RTB rap section, and didn't even think about the possibility they'd use him for Newark and NYC when Ben Mink showed up for Toronto. It was a total surprise.

my speculation is they might do it in Las Vegas and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of CA stringers in the LA area, so maybe there.

That would be freaking sweet. Praying for that tune in Vegas.

Setlist D or E would be a great night (hell any of them but you can only hope for another bucket list tune and Losing It is another I can cross off).

This tour has given me a bunch I can cross off. Amazing set list.....best second set/encore in the history of an the "Evening With" format.

Edited by Todem

It won't be permanent unless they can get a violinist in every city. I'm guessing tomorrow's show will be set A and then they'll be back to the regular set rotation until maybe the last show where they'll do Losing It again.