Massey Hall undergoing renovation, interview with Geddy

The Analog Cub

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/geddy-lee-reflects-on-massey-hall-as-136-million-reno-gets-underway-1.2249600

Nice little interview, Ged talks about his early concert history there with Rush, and talks about when he went to see Cream there.

• Like 1

Cool! Thanks for posting...was thinking while the video ran...when Rush finally decide to call it quits..they should do their final concert there! (and give me free tickets for suggesting it)

It's a great thought, and I'd love to see them playing small theaters again, minimal light show and stage accoutrements...but I don't know if they'll ever go back to playing venues that size again.

I'd still love to find out what such a stripped-down 21st century Rush would be like, though.

• Like 1

Cool! Thanks for posting...was thinking while the video ran...when Rush finally decide to call it quits..they should do their final concert there! (and give me free tickets for suggesting it)

It's a great thought, and I'd love to see them playing small theaters again, minimal light show and stage accoutrements...but I don't know if they'll ever go back to playing venues that size again.

I'd still love to find out what such a stripped-down 21st century Rush would be like, though.

Well the reports DO say that this is their last MAJOR tour....that could either mean they're only doing short tours...or playing smaller venues! :popcorn:

Well the reports DO say that this is their last MAJOR tour....that could either mean they're only doing short tours...or playing smaller venues! :popcorn:

Yeah, I thought about that- I'd love to see it happen. But I have to say I'm doubtful.

Massey Hall, saw tons of great bands at that place-------Rush, Nazareth. Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa, to name a few!!!! Great memories ( at least the ones i can remember) lol

Oh, cool, when did Gentle Giant play there? I was a couple of years behind seeing bands there in its heyday, but my older sisters definitely went to a lot of those shows. We lived in Hamilton, so Toronto was always the concert city destination.*

*My first ever show was at the CNE to see The Who. It wasn't until Copps Coliseum was built in Hamilton that we started getting any decent shows, including my first Rush show at Copps on the Power Windows tour.