Jump to content


"Least Glorious" to ??? - Round 2


  • Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Least Favorite Studio Album (43 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your LEAST favorite ?

  1. Fly By Night (2 votes [4.65%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.65%

  2. Caress of Steel (4 votes [9.30%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.30%

  3. 2112 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. A Farewell To kings (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Hemispheres (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  6. Permanent Waves (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  7. Moving Pictures (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. Signals (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  9. Grace Under Pressure (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  10. Power Windows (1 votes [2.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.33%

  11. Hold Your Fire (1 votes [2.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.33%

  12. Presto (6 votes [13.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.95%

  13. Roll the Bones (6 votes [13.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.95%

  14. Counterparts (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  15. Test For Echo (13 votes [30.23%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 30.23%

  16. Vapor Trails (5 votes [11.63%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.63%

  17. Snakes and Arrows (1 votes [2.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.33%

  18. Clockwork Angels (4 votes [9.30%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once
Its a hoot "arguing" or "debating" him I will give you that. Like a bulldog he is and I mean that in the nicest of ways... :)

Sponsored Post

#162 bathory

bathory

    Book Würm

  • Members *
  • 9561 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 26 February 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once
Its a hoot "arguing" or "debating" him I will give you that. Like a bulldog he is and I mean that in the nicest of ways... :)

his persistence is hilarious. I like him. and I guess I thought he was dicking around at first too. my fake statistics weren't actually meant to fool anyone, haha

#163 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostLorraine, on 26 February 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Dreamline was always on the FM stations in NYC.  RTB is the last Rush album I knew before I  took my hiatus.  I was 37 in '91.

Another album I don't understand that intense dislike for.  :huh:

I think some of that is due to the thin production. But I think some people are still pissed about the title track having rap in it. Even after all these years.

#164 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 26 February 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 26 February 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Dreamline was always on the FM stations in NYC.  RTB is the last Rush album I knew before I  took my hiatus.  I was 37 in '91.

Another album I don't understand that intense dislike for.  :huh:

I think some of that is due to the thin production. But I think some people are still pissed about the title track having rap in it. Even after all these years.

I think by that time a lot of Rush fans also liked the idea of being a large cult band and didn't like the pop/casual attention that RTB got from the success of the album.  In a similar way, dead-heads were pissed at the casuals brought in from In The Dark and despise that album.  It had a huge radio hit and sold as many copies as any of their classics (only 2 albums match it in sales).

#165 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once

That's not a classic rock station, is it?  I've heard some synth tunes on Sirius, but never the radio.

#166 bathory

bathory

    Book Würm

  • Members *
  • 9561 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostLedRush, on 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once

That's not a classic rock station, is it?  I've heard some synth tunes on Sirius, but never the radio.

kz 106, chattanooga's classic rock station. they play subdivisions and big money. I've also heard another synth tune on the radio in DC, can't remember what it was. at the time I wasn't really a huge rush fan yet.

on sirius, I've heard everything from nobody's hero to f***ing territories.

Edited by bathory, 26 February 2015 - 02:51 PM.


#167 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once

That's not a classic rock station, is it?  I've heard some synth tunes on Sirius, but never the radio.

kz 106, chattanooga's classic rock station. they play subdivisions and big money. I've also heard another synth tune on the radio in DC, can't remember what it was. at the time I wasn't really a huge rush fan yet.

Of course I meant other than Subdivisions.  I'm really surprised by The Big Money...it is a sound that is so dated, and usually classic rock stations avoid such songs unless they were monster hits.

#168 bathory

bathory

    Book Würm

  • Members *
  • 9561 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostLedRush, on 26 February 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once

That's not a classic rock station, is it?  I've heard some synth tunes on Sirius, but never the radio.

kz 106, chattanooga's classic rock station. they play subdivisions and big money. I've also heard another synth tune on the radio in DC, can't remember what it was. at the time I wasn't really a huge rush fan yet.

Of course I meant other than Subdivisions.  I'm really surprised by The Big Money...it is a sound that is so dated, and usually classic rock stations avoid such songs unless they were monster hits.

this station plays a ton of dated shit...endless bon jovi, they even play warrant. 5 or 6 songs off of hysteria (I can handle the high n dry and pyromania stuff when it comes on). an obscene amount of john mellencamp too. when big money comes on, I'm happy.

I do agree that it's dated as hell and a weird weird choice. they play it more than they play overture/temples!

Edited by bathory, 26 February 2015 - 02:57 PM.


#169 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 26 February 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I've never heard anything from RTB on the radio, in fact the most recent rush tune I hear played fairly regularly is big money, a synth tune. but anyway, like the other 10 or 20 times I've had this discussion with led, I wasn't being 100% serious and I wasn't really "debating" here. I like to give led a hard time because he goes into lawyer mode about it, but I can't take on all of you at once

That's not a classic rock station, is it?  I've heard some synth tunes on Sirius, but never the radio.

kz 106, chattanooga's classic rock station. they play subdivisions and big money. I've also heard another synth tune on the radio in DC, can't remember what it was. at the time I wasn't really a huge rush fan yet.

Of course I meant other than Subdivisions.  I'm really surprised by The Big Money...it is a sound that is so dated, and usually classic rock stations avoid such songs unless they were monster hits.

this station plays a ton of dated shit...endless bon jovi, they even play warrant. 5 or 6 songs off of hysteria (I can handle the high n dry and pyromania stuff when it comes on). an obscene amount of john mellencamp too. when big money comes on, I'm happy.

They don't touch Bon Jovi or Warrant back at home but they play the crap out of the title track on Hysteria. Other than that they don't play much Lep apart from Pyromania. Even High N' Dry is omitted.

#170 bathory

bathory

    Book Würm

  • Members *
  • 9561 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

I need to burn some CDs. glad we had this discussion.

#171 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

View Postbathory, on 26 February 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I need to burn some CDs. glad we had this discussion.

If you're talking about Roll The Bones and if by burning you mean actually throwing it into a fiery pit, then yes you are correct.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users