Emotion Detector 2015

Brucey

I wouldn't mind. I would rather have Marathon or Mystic Rhythms come back again, but Emotion Detector's not bad. I don't know how it would fit in a setlist, that's the real problem right there. I think it'd have trouble meshing with songs in the set.

Yes please, along with all of Power Windows, and all of Permanent Waves. Think about it would be the perfect pairing, both albums share initials, both will be celebrating a milestone (30 and 35) and both of them have came close to being played in their entirety (Permanent Waves on the S&A tour, Power Windows on the CA tour).

Sorry off topic. A great, and interesting song, that has never been played live, of course I want to hear it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind. Its a good song with a nice solo from Alex. But it would come across better without the cheesy keyboard part.

:codger:

Cheesy keyboard part? CHEESY?! No your right, it is kinda cheesy, but I like it personally.

I am a huge fan of this one, it's one the best from Power Windows. I would love to see the boys bring it out on the next your. I actually had a dream they played it not that long ago....a premonition perhaps?
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind. Its a good song with a nice solo from Alex. But it would come across better without the cheesy keyboard part.

Cheesy keyboard part? CHEESY?! No your right, it is kinda cheesy, but I like it personally.

Oh I love the song. But the keyboards are cheesy. This is coming from a keyboardist. I don't post that likely. For me keyboards are Subdivisions, Distant Early Warnings, The Trees, Tom Sawyer not Emotion Detector. This song would have been much better without keyboards.

• Like 2

Oh I love the song. But the keyboards are cheesy. This is coming from a keyboardist. I don't post that likely. For me keyboards are Subdivisions, Distant Early Warnings, The Trees, Tom Sawyer not Emotion Detector. This song would have been much better without keyboards.

Agreed

• Like 1

Coming from another keyboardist, I think Emotion Detector's keys are essential to the song. A bit cheesy, yes, but I like cheese. Not my favorite PoW song, but without the keys it'd probably suck.
  • Like 1

Coming from another keyboardist, I think Emotion Detector's keys are essential to the song. A bit cheesy, yes, but I like cheese. Not my favorite PoW song, but without the keys it'd probably suck.

I disagree, Alex's gtr parts are great in the song as is his lead. Neil and Geddy are perfect in the song. However, the Keyboard part is distracting, cheesy, overdone and unnecessary. Now that said, I'm not talking about the beggining Keyboard part or the chords in the Chorus. Those are (essential) like you mentioned. I'm talking about the little part the starts at :48, then at 1:34, and again at 3:48 and even yet again at 3:56 towards the end of Alex's lead which complete ruins Alex's Lead IMO.

Here's the song:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ypccAiDIzQE

Judge for yourself TRF!

Edited by losingit2k