The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 April 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 23 April 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostRushCanuck, on 23 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

I'll just throw in my 2 cents, and only my opinion here... there are some threads on New World Women (recent examples 'The final Split' and 'Please, someone, I need help...') where the guys have contributed in a positive way.  So, stopping the guys from coming into this section of the forum would lose those contributions.   Secondly,  if there is a female only section (if that could somehow be set up), there should also be a male only section to keep it fair.  Some women might post more personal comments if they had the assurance it was girls only (and the guys likewise).  Currently, without changes to the forum, perhaps stating at the beginning of the new thread female comments only, or keep the posts to the topic only might help.  :huh:
Well said as usual. I am going to stay out on my own anyway. Some of the posts earlier were pretty clear to me. No sweat. As long as I am a welcome contributor In the PGA Tour thread I will survive this. I welcome any of you ladies to call me out if you see me post in here again without welcome.... :)
But nothing has been decided.  

Besides, I can tell already how this will go.  Business as usual.  

I'll just continue as I have been doing.  Maybe Eagle and I can start an "over fifty only" section.  :LMAO:

As of a few weeks ago I can join you in there :codger:

#64 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 April 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Eagle, maybe it is our age.

Maybe, but I remember being able to be serious about a subject if it was required when I was younger too. I'm more inclined to think it's a male thing. I have a few friends who do the same thing IRL. Everything has to be knocked down to a joke for them to feel comfortable.

#65 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

I deleted my post.

Edited by Lorraine, 23 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#66 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 April 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 April 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Maybe, but I remember being able to be serious about a subject if it was required when I was younger too. I'm more inclined to think it's a male thing. I have a few friends who do the same thing IRL. Everything has to be knocked down to a joke for them to feel comfortable.
I can be serious when I have to be, but I will tell you why I often make jokes.  Believe it or not, TRF is the only place that makes me smile and laugh.   I do little of either one if I am not here.  That's sad.  I know.  But it is true.
Sneaking another post in. Me too. I love this place and am not ashamed to admit it. It makes me laugh, smile, think and gives me chills every time I come on here. I have teared up on occasion too. It has been a Godsend in my life really...... :)

#67 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 April 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

Where's Gangster?  This thread is all her doing.  Her and Uncle Geddy and the little nephew.  :lol:

I'm cooking chicken for my puppy.

#68 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Well. from the looks of things, I won't have to worry about anything like this anymore anyway.

I got my marching papers from the diehard Rush fans.  Fit into our mold.  Or else.  Doesn't Neil sing about that type of person often?

#69 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostNarpski, on 23 April 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 23 April 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 April 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I can be serious when I have to be, but I will tell you why I often make jokes.  Believe it or not, TRF is the only place that makes me smile and laugh.   I do little of either one if I am not here.  That's sad.  I know.  But it is true.
Sneaking another post in. Me too. I love this place and am not ashamed to admit it. It makes me laugh, smile, think and gives me chills every time I come on here. I have teared up on occasion too. It has been a Godsend in my life really...... :)
It has been one for me too.  And I mean that with more sincerity than I can convey.  

However....

#70 Anthemic

Anthemic

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 742 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

maybe you guys should consider not taking all this stuff so personally :huh:

#71 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

That's easy for you to say.

#72 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

My cousin is good friends with Geddy's nephew.  Not sure if it is the same one.  I will certainly pass along the article to her to find out.

#73 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79302 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 22 April 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

We all love sheldon!  :wub:

You all had better.

:yes:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#74 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

View Postapetersvt, on 24 April 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

My cousin is good friends with Geddy's nephew.  Not sure if it is the same one.  I will certainly pass along the article to her to find out.

I was in Charlotte, NC for business a little over a year ago and met a couple from Toronto.  The wife was a second cousin to Geddy.  She said that the only time she sees him is at weddings and funerals.  She certainly looked like she came from the Weinrib stock for sure.  Nice gal.

#75 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

But of course she would be nice!  She's related to Geddy!!  :wub:

#76 Steel Rat

Steel Rat

Watch him choose his own direction

• Members *
  • 2965 posts
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, Computer science, Theoretical science, Quantum Physics, any creative innovation that leads to fun, Music composition, music performance, rats and spiders.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

You girls should really post more pictures of this kid, you know what I mean?

Posted Image

He really is a good looking guy.

#77 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3036 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, Holy Trinity of Metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Opeth

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

Someone I will never meet, but who cares.  He’s cute, smart, single & straight.
Bondi Vet TV star Dr. Chris Brown (not the douchebag who dated Rihanna)
Posted Image

#78 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24288 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:14 AM

I totally forgot about this thread.

:lol:

#79 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3036 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, Holy Trinity of Metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Opeth

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

The man who should've been my husband is married to a woman who's just like me.  Their kid looks like he could be my nephew's twin.  So hard to get a guy out of your head when he's the right age for you and you know you're his type.  Even when it's wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users