2014 New York Yankees

Disk98

I don't know. he did help the Red Sux win their stupid championship last year. I think Ellsbury will get a mixed reaction, though, seeing as he left them for us! I also think he'll hit .300 with 10 to 15 homers and 50 stolen bases. So he'll certainly be cheered in the Bronx!

Their spring training home is 10 minutes from my house and my company sends volunteers to work weekday home games to raise money for charity. From what I've seen and heard so far attendance is noticeably down so far this year.

That's probably because no one knows any of the players. Everyone is new. Not that I mind, of course, as long as they kick butt this year!

How 'bout them Yanks! Scuffled a bit on the home stand, but they seem to be back on their feet after taking 2 of 3 from the Halos. Off to Milwaukee…Tanaka Time! 8 EST

I have pulled this thread from the dead to remind you all that the Yanks are but 3.5 games back in the division. Time for the birdies to look out!

I have pulled this thread from the dead to remind you all that the Yanks are but 3.5 games back in the division. Time for the birdies to look out!

Girardi should be manager of the decade to have that group within 3 games (Bal lost) of the lead, with a -29 run differential. Though playing in a division where the first place team has won less than 55% of their games never hurts.

My Rangers may be in last place but its always great to beat the Yankees. Orioles winning last night was sweet too. :)

Don't worry, we got you back. :P

My Rangers may be in last place but its always great to beat the Yankees. Orioles winning last night was sweet too. :)

That's what I get for gloating :LOL: At least is wasn't a blowout like the Rangers are used to!
  • Like 1

That's what I get for gloating :LOL: At least is wasn't a blowout like the Rangers are used to!

Of course, now we have to deal with Darvish without a bullpen! :o

Chase Headley isn't going to solve our problems. We need an ace starter, ASAP. My solution? LHP Cliff Lee. Thoughts?

Kate Upton sat in for Kelly Ripa on Friday morning’s edition of Live with Kelly and Michael, and on the show she told co-host Michael Strahan that the New York Yankees wouldn’t allow her to wear Tigers gear during a recent trip to Yankee Stadium.

Upton grew up a Yankees fan, but she’s dating Tigers ace Justin Verlander, so you can’t blame her for wanting to support Detroit. Apparently, the Yankees did blame her.

From the interview :

“I used to be a really big Yankees fan,” Upton told Strahan, before continuing: “But I’m sleeping with the enemy.

“My boyfriend plays for the Tigers,” Upton said. “I had to pick a side. And I felt it too, when I walked in. The Yankees told me, ‘You’re not allowed to wear a Tigers hat. You’re not allowed to wear any Tigers gear.’ It’s like a bad breakup.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/kate-upton-tigers-gear-yankee-stadium

WTF, Yankees?

Gee, it's like a ghost town around here…this is an exciting race! Where is everybody? We're only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot!

The Yankees went 142 games unable to overcome a 4-run deficit.

They have done it twice in a row.

This season isn't over yet! We're still in it! GO YANKEES!