2013-14 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

Oh man, the Canucks just announced that Pavel Bure's jersey retirement will happen at the Nov. 2nd game against the Leafs, the one game I was actually planning on attending this season. This is gonna be awesome.

Went onsale today. Tried to buy tickets as soon as they went up but they sold out in under a minute. Gonna have to pay through the nose for a scalper if I want to go. I envy small-market fans sometimes... Edited by invisibleairwaves

Stan Bowman extended to 2018. :D

Guy's a hack. What has he ever done do earn an extension? It's not like he's won a Cu.......oh, wait....

It has to be said, Bowman is still picking Tallon's fruits, but the supporting cast on the 2013 team is his baby. Looking forward to watch his next moves. :popcorn:

Our first good look at how Barclays Center looks with a hockey rink shoehorned into a basketball court. It's definitely a little weird, especially with the off-center scoreboard, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Sports/180383690_slide_zps1a5c89d5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/180381533_slide_zps06a1d384.jpg

Our first good look at how Barclays Center looks with a hockey rink shoehorned into a basketball court. It's definitely a little weird, especially with the off-center scoreboard, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Sports/180383690_slide_zps1a5c89d5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/180381533_slide_zps06a1d384.jpg

I hope they'll have the camera at center ice from now on... :unsure:

Washington gets to host the 2015 Winter Classic. Not shocking, as Bettman promised them one a few years ago. But even without that, it's still not shocking, as the Caps are one of the few darling teams in the NHL. 2015 will be the sixth WC, and even though there are 30 teams in the league, this will already be the Caps' second time participating. Not sure who the other team is yet, but you can be sure it'll be the Flyers (2 WCs already), Bruins, Red Wings (2), Pens (2) or Rangers.

I'm a casual NHL follower... I'm curious to see how the Leafs will do this year...

After this offseason, I wouldn't get my hopes up... :|

no worries, I'm not a big Leafs fan... but there are many Leafs fans where I live, and the obsession/expectations can be overwhelming...

Washington gets to host the 2015 Winter Classic. Not shocking, as Bettman promised them one a few years ago. But even without that, it's still not shocking, as the Caps are one of the few darling teams in the NHL. 2015 will be the sixth WC, and even though there are 30 teams in the league, this will already be the Caps' second time participating. Not sure who the other team is yet, but you can be sure it'll be the Flyers (2 WCs already), Bruins, Red Wings (2), Pens (2) or Rangers.

I think Bettman's solution here is to award an outdoor game to every single team in the league in 2015.

And how about all the commercials Caps players have been doing the last few years. You'd think they were a dynasty or something. :P

And how about all the commercials Caps players have been doing the last few years. You'd think they were a dynasty or something. :P

It will be coming to an end. I do not expect the Caps to make the playoffs this year.