Working out

I've never used weights in my life! A barbell to me is something you use to get the attention of the bartender!

You certainly don't need weights to be fit. But there are some results that you cannot achieve without weights so I guess whether weights make sense or not is really decided based on your goals.

I have gotten up to 3.5 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I am running more than I am walking again. Woohoo!! If I keep feeling well I am hoping to get back to 4 miles in 40 minutes by years end. I am going to have another major surgery on my hand on the 19th and will probably have a cast on my hand and arm for about 2 months but I am going to keep at it anyway. The light weight lifting may be a problem however. We'll see about that. I don't want to lose my guns that I have been building the past year and a half... :D

I have gotten up to 3.5 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I am running more than I am walking again. Woohoo!! If I keep feeling well I am hoping to get back to 4 miles in 40 minutes by years end. I am going to have another major surgery on my hand on the 19th and will probably have a cast on my hand and arm for about 2 months but I am going to keep at it anyway. The light weight lifting may be a problem however. We'll see about that. I don't want to lose my guns that I have been building the past year and a half... :D

There's a girl who competes in Figure at one of the gyms I belong to. She injured a wrist a few weeks prior to a competition and ended up with a short cast on it. She kept right on going, though - she used a cuff attachment (you can probably order these online) that she could hook to the cable machine and some of the Hammer equipment, so she never lost a step. I don't remember exactly how it was configured, but the cast wasn't a problem.

• Like 1

Today I made 3.8 miles in 40 minutes. Very excited. I will be back to 4 miles in 40 minutes in no time baring any unforeseen issues... :dweez:

I ran the entire first mile today and in 9:50. Its the first time since last February I have been able to do that. I am now consistently doing 3.8 miles in 40 minutes and burning mucho calories. Feels good again....

Ran the first mile today in 9:40... Woohoo

How come your son is so much bigger than the rest of you? Is he a cuckoo in the nest? :16ton: And is he big or are you guys all small?? :hail:

He is 6'6". I am 6'. My daughter is 5' 0 and my wife about 5'5'....

How come your son is so much bigger than the rest of you? Is he a cuckoo in the nest? :16ton: And is he big or are you guys all small?? :hail:

In that pic he looks about 6'9" and you look about 5'7"! :LOL:

In that pic he looks about 6'9" and you look about 5'7"! :LOL:

:LOL: ...

So yesterday I had walked home with two heavy bags of groceries. It also hapoened to be one of my "goo days".

As my arms were kihda achy after carrying that shopping I thought "I think I'll work out with my lighter weights today."

Wise move right? Nope!

They are too light! I felt so silly using them! :LOL:

Goes to prove my work really is paying off!

I was joking about it after with Gilby!

Behold! I am Thor! See me juggle these weights! :joker:

• Like 2

So yesterday I had walked home with two heavy bags of groceries. It also hapoened to be one of my "goo days".

As my arms were kihda achy after carrying that shopping I thought "I think I'll work out with my lighter weights today."

Wise move right? Nope!

They are too light! I felt so silly using them! :LOL:

Goes to prove my work really is paying off!

I was joking about it after with Gilby!

Behold! I am Thor! See me juggle these weights! :joker:

Hadn't heard from you in a while. I was hoping you were still at it and am glad to hear that you are. The last pic I saw of you around here you looked damn good. Keep up the hard work.... :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

Aw! Thank you! :blush:

Yeah, I'm still chipping away at it!

20lbs down, 13 more to go... and I need new work trousers again! :7up:

Sweet!! Good to hear. I understand the challenge and certainly realize the discipline it takes.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Sweet!! Good to hear. I understand the challenge and certainly realize the discipline it takes.... :cheers:

I understand it's going to be tougher to lose those last 13 lb....

That is true but concentrate more on how your close fit and how you look and feel at this point. To heck with the scale. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working. I have gained a few pounds but feel bigger from muscle not fat. My clothes feel good and I enjoy what I am seeing in the mirror. That is what counts....

I love the feeling when the weights I've been working with suddenly don't seem all that heavy anymore. :madra:

I will be well prepared when the time comes for the big TRF rumble. (But just to be safe, I'll be on the side that has TSS and Mara.)

That is true but concentrate more on how your close fit and how you look and feel at this point. To heck with the scale. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working. I have gained a few pounds but feel bigger from muscle not fat. My clothes feel good and I enjoy what I am seeing in the mirror. That is what counts....

Yes, I agree, and I can definitely tell with how my clothes fit!

I love the feeling when the weights I've been working with suddenly don't seem all that heavy anymore. :madra:

I will be well prepared when the time comes for the big TRF rumble. (But just to be safe, I'll be on the side that has TSS and Mara.)

It was really WEIRD! :wacko:

There's gonna be a TRF rumble?!?!?! :o :scared: :unsure:

There's gonna be a TRF rumble?!?!?! :o :scared: :unsure:

Don't worry. You're such a powerhouse now that all of your opponents will be running away from you.

Lol!!

So yesterday I went on the step for the first time since Tuesday or Wednesday. 40 minutes instead of my usual 30. Felt good! Especially rocking out to Priest in my earphones! :haz:
  • Like 1

I'm in. TSS boxes and you can run if necessary. I can go forever without getting tired. The 3 of us ought to be able to hold our own.

Last workout of 2014: very, very good shoulder workout. :) 1st workout of 2015 will be my back, which is my favorite muscle group to work.

I've been on about an 8-week cycle (so far) to increase strength; heavier weights, 3-6 reps and 6-8 sets per exercise. I'd plateau'd on growth. Really feeling good but it's getting a bit tedious - I hate the 2-3 minute rest intervals between sets. So instead of sitting there doing nothing I use that time to get in my ab work. In about 4 more weeks I'll switch back to a growth cycle and see where that takes me.

• Like 1