Rush filming Dallas and Phoenix for live DVD

FountainOfSyrinx

Don't they ever film anything in NY anymore? :codger:

Didn't McCartney just film a show at Shea Stadium?

Shea Stadium is closed but Billy Joel played the last show there and he finished with Let It Be and Paul McCartney came out to play it with him.

McCartney's concert was filmed at Citi Field, I think thats the name of the new Mets ball park.

Ahh embarrassing, that's what I meant..

Some halls, especially famous ones, make you pay a large fee to film a show in them (or at least to release it), so Rush at Radio City Music Hall would cost a lot more to produce than Rush at some fairly new arena.

Not to mention that Radio City Music Hall also has an incredibly strict 11PM curfew call. So if Rush were to go over that curfew call, they would have to pay a hefty amount . When Dream Theater filmed the Score DVD in Radio City Music Hall in 2006, they went over the curfew call by 2 minutes and had to pay $20,000 in fines.

Has anyone at the Phe onix Show witnessed anything different?

:huh:

From what I recall the same as San Jose first set anyway.

Is the atmosphere any different?

The Phoenix show last night was amazing! Cameras everywhere in the crowd and onstage. The guys played great and the crowd was loud as hell, like Phoenix crowds always are. No one was sitting and the show was sold out.

I took tons of killer photos and some video, and I'll post them in a day or so.

The Phoenix show last night was amazing! Cameras everywhere in the crowd and onstage. The guys played great and the crowd was loud as hell, like Phoenix crowds always are. No one was sitting and the show was sold out.

this is good news indeed.

Dallas tonight was awesome, can't wait to see the DVD.

Indeed it was. I can't wait either! I hope they got my crazy, jumping ass on there!

Gee I just read in a review that the first 1/2 of the first set was really off in Dallas! Wrong notes and Alex's guitar going out? As long as Middletown Dream came out good I guess its ok. Can anyone confirm.

Yeah the first set was pretty off and Ged's vocals were off,to me it sounded like he was having issues with his in ear monitor. Alex's guitar cut out during subdivisions. By the time they got to Territories though it seemed to be fixed. Also middletown was played in Phoenix not Dallas. We also got Dreamline instead of Manhattan.

Gee I just read in a review that the first 1/2 of the first set was really off in Dallas! Wrong notes and Alex's guitar going out? As long as Middletown Dream came out good I guess its ok. Can anyone confirm.

Overall the just failed at the start hahahaha it was really really quiet.. Oh well. Still an awesome show. No Middletown dreams..

Not True, MY section, 108 ( lower bowl, straight toward satge ) I was 10 rows up, perfect spot !

Opening video no one but ME & my friend are standing, figured when SUBDIVISIONS starts that will get them UP !

Nope, only a few & they sat down pretty quick due to blocking the sitters veiw

I Stood until 1/2 way thru the second song, I could hear the people behind me mumbling :rage:

Thankfully, before the show started I went down to the floor to see some friends & I was able to get past the usher/security

Then I made a point to talk to them ( usher & security) on my way back up & made it sound like I had floor seats

SO, 1/2 way thru the 1st 1/2 i decided to "crash" the floor so I could stand, We just went down & as I approched the check point (usher)

I pointed to some make-belive seats & acted like we were friends & I belonged on the floor, he let us right by

We found a spot next to the sound board & stayed there till 2nd half

We move up to the back of section D & enjoyed the show, looking back to our sitters in section 108

GOT :rush: