wierd Rush concert occurances

terrible_I

I don't know if this is real weird but, it seemed odd to me and everyone near our seats. this guy at the Milwaukee show was eating what looked like either applesauce or some kind of pudding in one of those snack pack contaibers - too far to tell what it was but, we thought it was an odd thing at a show. it looked as if he packed a lunch-I don't know where he got ot I'm sure they won't let you bring it in

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 5 2008, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 5 2008, 04:50 PM)
Good lord, this thread is old.  wacko.gif  laugh.gif

No s**t. Are we that desperate for new topics?

yeah, you're right. This or That 2.gif song thread is much more interesting... 1022.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 28 2004, 08:40 AM)
Not too uncommon, if your a musician/drummer. But in Phoenix this year, during the very first song, Neils main kick drum pedal broke. He played most of the tune with the 'aux pedal' on the left, while the drum tech changed out the broken one.

I've had this happen before and it's a real drag, especially on the first song. Thank goodness for auxillary pedals.

Mike

I was 5th row and didn't even notice.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 6 2008, 01:42 PM)
Not too uncommon, if your a musician/drummer. But in Phoenix this year, during the very first song, Neils main kick drum pedal broke. He played most of the tune with the 'aux pedal' on the left, while the drum tech changed out the broken one.

I've had this happen before and it's a real drag, especially on the first song. Thank goodness for auxillary pedals.

Mike

Lorne is like a cat on the DW prowel... cat.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 6 2008, 04:42 PM)

Mike

Look at the date of the post. wink.gif

QUOTE (asp324 @ Jul 6 2008, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 6 2008, 04:42 PM)

Mike

Look at the date of the post. wink.gif

laugh.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

last year in Calgary Neil's riser didn't spin.. that's all I got

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jul 6 2008, 11:48 PM)
last year in Calgary Neil's riser didn't spin.. that's all I got

2004??? wow.... ok nevermind, that ain't gonna happen til 2007. watch for it kids!! tongue.gif

When I saw Snakes and Arrows, I swear to God during Tom Sawyer when Geddy sings, "The world is, the world is.." Everyone (except me) rotated their arms above their head in a strange circle thing.

I saw the whole audience do it even the guy I went with did it. When I asked him about it he just gave me a: wtf.gif face.

It wasn't like, waving or anything. It was almost like a dance..

Great thread, by the way!

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 5 2008, 03:18 PM)
At the Portland show last year there was an owl that was flying up in the rafters of the amphitheater at one point. Had they played anything off Fly by Night it would have been perfect.

I was at that show last year and didn't even see the owl. sad.gif I sat on the grass last year, all I noticed were bats.

QUOTE (Dances with the Moon @ Jul 7 2008, 12:15 AM)
At the Portland show last year there was an owl that was flying up in the rafters of the amphitheater at one point. Had they played anything off Fly by Night it would have been perfect.

I was at that show last year and didn't even see the owl. sad.gif I sat on the grass last year, all I noticed were bats.

you didn't see the owl? good job! if I was there I wouldn't have seen it either! wink.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jul 7 2008, 02:49 AM)

you didn't see the owl? good job! if I was there I wouldn't have seen it either! wink.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Every time I've seen them it's rained. I've only seen them four times since 2002 but still. I saw them twice in West Palm, once at Red Rocks and once at Nissan Pavilion and it's rained every damn time. We'll have to see if the trend continues when I see them on the 19th.

It's a sign to me that they should play Camera Eye.

QUOTE (skullchrist @ Jul 9 2008, 12:15 PM)
Every time I've seen them it's rained. I've only seen them four times since 2002 but still. I saw them twice in West Palm, once at Red Rocks and once at Nissan Pavilion and it's rained every damn time. We'll have to see if the trend continues when I see them on the 19th.

It's a sign to me that they should play Camera Eye.

Well it didn't rain but my friend did cry, his mother recently died and he was overcome with emotion during the show, so in a strange metaphysical way that counts.

Besides that it was hot as s**t out but the sunset was phenomenal at Nissan. If I can ever figure how to get pictures off my cell phone I'll post it sometime. That's why I feel sorry for people who sit in the arena they tend to miss things like that. AND HOW CAN YOU BEAT A $10 LAWN TICKET! wacko.gif

While at the R30 tour opener in Antioch, Tenn., I ran into the assistant golf pro of a course that was hosting a benefit tournament I had organized.

The tournament was the next day, and there we were about 230 miles away from home and the course enjoying Rush.

I had no idea he was going to the concert. Heck, I didn't know he was a Rush fan. He rode with friends to the show; I came alone. Had I known he was going, I would've bummed a ride.

This is more of a weird Rush coincidence. I went to a see a local Shakespeare production the night before the Atlanta show. The play was 'As You Like It', featuring the line we all know so well, "All the world's a stage. . ."

(Yes, Bill Shakespeare wrote the original. Not NEP laugh.gif .)

Nothing weird happened onstage at the PNC (and even if it did, I couldn't tell as I was on the Lawn) 2 weeks ago, but I did have to fend off the drunk, stoned retard I had went there with (thought he was a friend) from groping the hell outta me...Fortunately, we had gone with 2 other people, and one of them told the jerk to cool it...Several times!

I had posted a more detailed account of this in another thread...

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jul 7 2008, 06:49 AM)

I saw a small "barn owl" flying around the rafters above the stage at the Sacramento, CA (actually Marysville) show back in 2007. Someone posted in another thread they thought this might be a pet of the band's they bring to the shows...?

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jul 25 2008, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jul 7 2008, 06:49 AM)

I saw a small "barn owl" flying around the rafters above the stage at the Sacramento, CA (actually Marysville) show back in 2007. Someone posted in another thread they thought this might be a pet of the band's they bring to the shows...?

I have never heard of the band having a pet owl! laugh.gif I think somebody made somethin' up.

Man this is a good question!

a geezer like me who have seen rush 14 times

I would have to say the most unusual thing I've ever

saw was, and I'm not sure of the year,mid 80's I think?

was my step daughter who was about 12-13 years old

and was totally into new kids on the block,

when I took her and my wife to see a real concert!

rush at alpine valley Wisconsin, to see the presto

tour, anyways after the show in the parking lot

she gave me a hug,and thanked me for a great time!

now that was weird big time!

Archived