SteamPunk, baby!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 9 2011, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 9 2011, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 9 2011, 05:30 PM)
Ok, I think I have collected enough material to hand over to the hubby.  Now, to tell him I want a likeness of Geddy Lee on my left arm...  ph34r.gif

I can always show him a picture of my friend Petie's Geddy tattoo, and say, "hey, it could be worse..."  tongue.gif

I have mentioned this before...hubby has a bit of an "issue" with my Geddy crush.   eyesre4.gif

J, I just looked at your hubby's tattoo portfolio - he is really talented!  I can't wait to see how this comes out! biggrin.gif

Oh yes, he is very talented.  If you look at my photos on Facebook, there's a picture of me where you can see my right arm.  He did the koi/water scene for me this last summer.  wink.gif

I perused your photos - couldn't find the specific one you were referring to...maybe message me with it on FB?

Sponsored Post

#42 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 10 2011, 01:36 AM)
Ok, I think I have collected enough material to hand over to the hubby.  Now, to tell him I want a likeness of Geddy Lee on my left arm...  ph34r.gif

I can always show him a picture of my friend Petie's Geddy tattoo, and say, "hey, it could be worse..."  tongue.gif

I have mentioned this before...hubby has a bit of an "issue" with my Geddy crush.   eyesre4.gif

J, I just looked at your hubby's tattoo portfolio - he is really talented!  I can't wait to see how this comes out! biggrin.gif

Oh yes, he is very talented.  If you look at my photos on Facebook, there's a picture of me where you can see my right arm.  He did the koi/water scene for me this last summer.  wink.gif

I perused your photos - couldn't find the specific one you were referring to...maybe message me with it on FB?

Sorry, it wasn't as good as I thought it was, but here it is:

user posted image

I'll get a better picture soon.  wink.gif  

#43 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79250 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 10 2011, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 10 2011, 01:36 AM)

Sorry, it wasn't as good as I thought it was, but here it is:

user posted image

I'll get a better picture soon.  wink.gif

Crikey - that's an amazing artwork! Same sort of design i'm going with later on - with the Japanese theme all down one side from arm to ankle.
Besides, there's nothing wrong with wanting a likeness of someone who means a lot to you as a tattoo.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#44 21xanadu12

21xanadu12

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, traveling

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 8 2011, 03:40 AM)
Here's a few shots of the work in progress Clockwork Angels necklace:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is Geddy's symbol:
user posted image

Alex's:
user posted image

Neil's:
user posted image

And these are the earrings:
user posted image

They hang like this:
user posted image

I'm waiting on my Hubby to make me a holder so that I can add the pieces to taut chain. It's a pain to do without the chain being held. Hopefully tomorrow night.....

Where did you find all of these clock parts and gears?

#45 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

I found most of them on ebay and a few on etsy. Search "cogs" or "watch parts".

The CA necklace is in stasis right now while I work on the centerpiece. I decided to take a lightweight circular piece and glue a CA logo onto that. I printed the logo out on photo paper (plus smaller ones for earrings) and am waiting for a dry(ish) day to spray it with several coats of lacquer. When I get it done, I will definitely post pics.

Also designing both a Natural Science and Xanadu necklace. And maybe a Tai Shan.  

#46 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79250 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 8 2011, 08:40 AM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is Geddy's symbol:
user posted image

Alex's:
user posted image

Neil's:
user posted image

user posted image

They hang like this:
user posted image

I'm waiting on my Hubby to make me a holder so that I can add the pieces to taut chain. It's a pain to do without the chain being held. Hopefully tomorrow night.....

These are absolutely gorgeous!   heart.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#47 different.hearts

different.hearts

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

Isn't "Caravan" about a steampunk blimp? wink.gif

#48 Wratek

Wratek

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Skype: ostobatolvaj

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

Hello!  

I'm new in this forum, so Hello everybody:)

Can you advise for me some good Steampunk book?  

I don't read any steampunk book, but i like the world and feeling behind it.

Some Steampunk computer game:

Cogs- Logically game

Trine- New, retro game

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura -This is an RPG in steampunk world. Really interesting!
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arcanum_of_..._magick_obscura

The Elder Scrolls Morrowind (There are a lot of old ruin with steampunk style, but the game not really steampunk)

And i dont try this game, but it looks good:
Edge of Twilight - The Fall

All hail for  2.gif !!!  
(Yes, I just want to use that smiley)

Edited by Wratek, 17 February 2011 - 02:01 AM.

#49 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hi Wratek! Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around here bekloppt.gif

The others can probably suggest steampunk books better than I can - I hope you find some good ones!  

GeddyFinal.gif

#50 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

From the TM Tour Book:

I told the guys about an idea for a fictional world that had interested me lately, thinking it would make a great setting, maybe for a suite of songs that told a story. A genre of science fiction pioneered by certain authors (including my friend Kevin J. Anderson) had come to be called "steampunk," seen as a reaction against the "cyberpunk" futurists, with their scenarios of dehumanized, alienated, dystopian societies.

Good place to start....  wink.gif  

#51 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 17 2011, 11:21 PM)
From the TM Tour Book:

I told the guys about an idea for a fictional world that had interested me lately, thinking it would make a great setting, maybe for a suite of songs that told a story. A genre of science fiction pioneered by certain authors (including my friend Kevin J. Anderson) had come to be called "steampunk," seen as a reaction against the "cyberpunk" futurists, with their scenarios of dehumanized, alienated, dystopian societies.

Good place to start....  wink.gif

I am currently reading an anthology of "SteamPunk" short stories called "SteamPunk II;" SteamPunk ReLoaded."  Great so far.  My local Barnes and Nobel store had it as a featured title in their "sci/fi; fantasy" section a few weeks back.  cool.gif  

#52 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

This is one I will get - looks great

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steampunk-Bible-Il...98037590&sr=1-1

also good

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1000-Steampunk-Cre...98037590&sr=1-4

#53 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

Well finally.....

The Clockwork Angels Set:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The other focal piece was too heavy so I used a thinner disc and glued the CA clock face onto it (after hitting the card stock with several coats of lacquer). I think this works better but I'm not sure if I can sell it because it has the Rush logo on it. Still, it was the best remedy.  

#54 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Beautiful, Tery - really nice how it all turned out, and I love the addition of the wings!

#55 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 12 2011, 02:45 AM)
user posted image

Incredible work, my friend. This is so epic, I can't even tell you! laugh.gif

It would be awesome to learn how to make jewelry, myself. Rush jewelry. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#56 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

It's not really that hard, Kahme. You should give it a try... smile.gif

#57 Spike

Spike

I am NOT a dude. I am a chick.

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Acadia National Park, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 12 2011, 03:45 AM)
Well finally.....

The Clockwork Angels Set:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The other focal piece was too heavy so I used a thinner disc and glued the CA clock face onto it (after hitting the card stock with several coats of lacquer). I think this works better but I'm not sure if I can sell it because it has the Rush logo on it. Still, it was the best remedy.

That is awesome!  Truly beautiful!
applaudit.gif

#58 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

Thanks Spike smile.gif

#59 Earthshine Emmeline

Earthshine Emmeline

The Seeker

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Art, Rush (derp) and Rush fanart. It's pertty straightforward.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 16 2011, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 8 2011, 08:40 AM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is Geddy's symbol:
user posted image

Alex's:
user posted image

Neil's:
user posted image

user posted image

They hang like this:
user posted image

These are absolutely gorgeous!   heart.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm in love with that jewelry  laugh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users