37 replies to this topic

#21 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Interests:music, tv, food, fun.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

I want one. I think RUSHROX was available. I liked that one. Might wait until hubby and i dont share a car so i can nerd out and get stickers n such. Where do u ladies get your Rush gear for your cars?

Sponsored Post

#22 BellaCheval

BellaCheval

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Horses, writing, crochet, needlepoint. cross stitch, jewerly making, rabbits, parrots, Hello Kitty, old-school video games [DOOM, Hexxen, etc], tattoos, piercings, large # of science fiction & fantasy writers, MAD MEN, Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13 and more.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

We're going to be getting a truck later this year and I told daHubby that I'm getting Rush-themed licence plates for it. Thinking of either YYZ2112 or if that's taken, CRW2112 [Charleston WV's airport code]. If both of 'em are taken I'm coming here for suggestions!

#23 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (luvrush @ Sep 30 2010, 07:18 PM)
So your copyright idea ... I actually think it would be a kick for all of us gals to go to our respective concerts with t-shirts that have our user names from the forum on them - then we could all find each other like some kind of crazy Rush civilization separated at birth.  Sorry, maybe a few too many wine spritzers. trink39.gif

I think this is a great idea!!

One question -- a picture of the audience? our favorite Rush guy? the whole band? Our choice?  

#24 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 6 2010, 05:24 AM)
So your copyright idea ... I actually think it would be a kick for all of us gals to go to our respective concerts with t-shirts that have our user names from the forum on them - then we could all find each other like some kind of crazy Rush civilization separated at birth.  Sorry, maybe a few too many wine spritzers. trink39.gif

One question -- a picture of the audience? our favorite Rush guy? the whole band? Our choice?

I'm lost ... picture of the band???

Eww... the dreaded word copyright ... makes me come out in hives. As the owner of a site for another artist, I've had to really look into copyright. You can't copyright a name as it turn out ... especially if it's not yours.

So I guess you can all have what you like on your license plates tongue.gif  laugh.gif  

#25 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 6 2010, 02:44 AM)

Eww... the dreaded word copyright ... makes me come out in hives. As the owner of a site for another artist, I've had to really look into copyright. You can't copyright a name as it turn out ... especially if it's not yours.

So I guess you can all have what you like on your license plates tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Ok. I'll trademark it wink.gif

#26 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 6 2010, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 6 2010, 02:44 AM)

Ok. I'll trademark it wink.gif

laugh.gif okay

#27 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (luvrush @ Sep 27 2010, 05:25 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 27 2010, 02:37 AM)
OK I really want one of these plates .. how do you get them?? I'm in Scotland btw tongue.gif

Don't know about Scotland (lucky you!) and the whole "official" license plate thing, but I can tell you how to get the bumper sticker and the front photo plate.  For each of them you just take a picture that you downloaded from somewhere (not sure where I got the bumper sticker picture, but the front plate photo was downloaded off the "Power Windows" website, I think).  I used the following websites:
For the front plate -
http://www.autoplates.com/store/custom_app...hotoPlates.html

For the bumper sticker - which is magnetic (I ordered two in case the first one d
"disappears")
http://www.buildasign.com/Magnetic-Bumper-...CFRN6gwodeEXruw
Click where it says - Start from scratch.

Hope this helps.  As for the license frames - you can get them just about any place.  I saw that they do them at the UPS store of all places.

I'm going to order magnets today, thanks for the link! trink39.gif

#28 luvrush

luvrush

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Oct 6 2010, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (luvrush @ Sep 27 2010, 05:25 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 27 2010, 02:37 AM)
OK I really want one of these plates .. how do you get them?? I'm in Scotland btw tongue.gif

Don't know about Scotland (lucky you!) and the whole "official" license plate thing, but I can tell you how to get the bumper sticker and the front photo plate.  For each of them you just take a picture that you downloaded from somewhere (not sure where I got the bumper sticker picture, but the front plate photo was downloaded off the "Power Windows" website, I think).  I used the following websites:
For the front plate -
http://www.autoplates.com/store/custom_app...hotoPlates.html

For the bumper sticker - which is magnetic (I ordered two in case the first one d
"disappears")
http://www.buildasign.com/Magnetic-Bumper-...CFRN6gwodeEXruw
Click where it says - Start from scratch.

Hope this helps.  As for the license frames - you can get them just about any place.  I saw that they do them at the UPS store of all places.

I'm going to order magnets today, thanks for the link! trink39.gif

Hey,
You'll have to take a picture and post it on the forum so we all can see!

#29 luvrush

luvrush

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 6 2010, 12:24 AM)

Too cute!  In addition to our user name, put a picture of our favorite Rush guy?  I'm with FoxiStarr - the audience...?  Don't understand.

#30 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (luvrush @ Oct 6 2010, 06:30 PM)

Too cute!  In addition to our user name, put a picture of our favorite Rush guy?  I'm with FoxiStarr - the audience...?  Don't understand.

Um... like so:

user posted image

This was taken at the Auburn, WA show. Hubby and I are to the right of Neil's upraised arm, just above shoulder level. On the railing. Yeah, those little white blobs   laugh.gif  

#31 luvrush

luvrush

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 7 2010, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (luvrush @ Oct 6 2010, 06:30 PM)

Um... like so:

user posted image

This was taken at the Auburn, WA show. Hubby and I are to the right of Neil's upraised arm, just above shoulder level. On the railing. Yeah, those little white blobs   laugh.gif

And what adorable blobs they are!  I would know you anywhere!   smile.gif  

#32 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

rofl3.gif @ luvrush!!

Yep, we dressed up for special, too!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#33 Cecilia

Cecilia

The Seeker

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

I just moved to Vegas three weeks ago, so I'll look out for you!!

Also, saw a NV "rsh2112" plate on a VW passat two days ago (complete with a starman decal on the back window)! Soooo awesome

#34 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26490 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Cecilia @ Oct 14 2010, 07:12 PM)

Also, saw a NV "rsh2112" plate on a VW passat two days ago (complete with a starman decal on the back window)! Soooo awesome

Good to see you, C.! bekloppt.gif  

#35 Cecilia

Cecilia

The Seeker

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 14 2010, 07:47 PM)

hey tick! Cause I don't post with you on DTF or MP.com or anything!  rofl3.gif  

#36 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26490 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Cecilia @ Oct 14 2010, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Oct 14 2010, 07:47 PM)

hey tick! Cause I don't post with you on DTF or MP.com or anything!  rofl3.gif

Not enough!

but I know your life is busy and happening so... trink39.gif  

#37 luvrush

luvrush

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Cecilia @ Oct 14 2010, 06:12 PM)

Hey Cecilia!  What part of town do you live in?  I live in the NW, so you know how it is here, people kinda tend to stay in their own little neck of the woods.  I have never seen anybody here with Rush plates, but I know they are out there, because there were oodles of possibilities I put into the DMV website that were unavailable.  If you see me, good luck, I'll be the blue streak flying by you, because I admittedly drive way too fast.  The music makes me do it - yeah, we'll stick with that.   biggrin.gif  

#38 Cecilia

Cecilia

The Seeker

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

Summerlin  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users