Nhl 2009-2010

Der Trommler

Ugh...

NHLPA EXERCISES OPTION TO EXTEND CBA THROUGH 2011-12

CHICAGO - The NHL Players' Association has voted to extend the current collective bargaining agreement through the 2011-12 season.

The agreement was originally set to expire after the upcoming season -- with the players holding the right to extend it for a seventh year.

They voted to do that at their executive board meeting in Chicago on Tuesday.

The players also voted to retain the five per cent growth factor for next season, which ensures the salary cap will rise for a fifth straight time.

As part of the CBA, the players have the right to include five per cent of growth in calculations for the following season's cap once revenues exceed US$2.1 billion.

The current cap of $56.8 million is expected to rise to roughly $59 million.

The official salary cap number for 2010-11 will be released prior to free agency opening July 1.

Edited by *Limelight*

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling the Cap Crunch Chicago?

BLACKHAWKS IN PROCESS OF TRADING BYFUGLIEN TO THRASHERS

Dustin Byfuglien, one of the breakout players for the Stanley Cup-winning Blackhawks last season, is in the process of being traded to the Thrashers, pending league approval.

Byfuglien, along with Brent Sopel, Ben Eager and Akim Aliu, will be headed to Atlanta in exchange for the 24th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the 54th pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

The picks that Chicago get in the deal were acquired by Atlanta in the trade that sent Ilya Kovalchuk to New Jersey last February.

The only hold-up on trade call appears to be tied to waiting for league personnel to land in Los Angeles. After that, the trade should be made official.

Byfuglien, 25, had 17 goals and 17 assists in 82 games with the Hawks last season.

At 6'4, 257 pounds, the Minnesota native will bring his thunderous size and strength to the struggling Thrashers franchise.

Byfuglien was originally selected 245th overall by the Blackhawks in the eighth round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

More details to follow.

Edited by *Limelight*

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 23 2010, 07:55 PM)

Dustin Byfuglien, one of the breakout players for the Stanley Cup-winning Blackhawks last season, is in the process of being traded to the Thrashers, pending league approval.

Byfuglien, along with Brent Sopel, Ben Eager and Akim Aliu, will be headed to Atlanta in exchange for the 24th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the 54th pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

The picks that Chicago get in the deal were acquired by Atlanta in the trade that sent Ilya Kovalchuk to New Jersey last February.

The only hold-up on trade call appears to be tied to waiting for league personnel to land in Los Angeles. After that, the trade should be made official.

Byfuglien, 25, had 17 goals and 17 assists in 82 games with the Hawks last season.

At 6'4, 257 pounds, the Minnesota native will bring his thunderous size and strength to the struggling Thrashers franchise.

Byfuglien was originally selected 245th overall by the Blackhawks in the eighth round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

More details to follow.

You can't keep everyone. If the only main piece we lose is Byfuglien, the Hawks will be in pretty good shape. This sheds almost $6 millions off of payroll and gives us room to possibly resign Ladd, Niemi, and Hjalmarsson.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 23 2010, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 23 2010, 07:55 PM)

More details to follow.

You can't keep everyone. If the only main piece we lose is Byfuglien, the Hawks will be in pretty good shape. This sheds almost $6 millions off of payroll and gives us room to possibly resign Ladd, Niemi, and Hjalmarsson.

It has been confirmed.

Byfuglien, along with D Brent Sopel, F Ben Eager  and F Akim Aliu, are heading to Atlanta in exchange for the Thrashers' first round pick (24th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the 54th pick, and forwards Marty Reasoner, Jeremy Morin, and Joey Crabb.

QUOTE (KaoKun1990 @ Jun 24 2010, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 24 2010, 01:53 AM)
Tyler Myers wins the Calder cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif

Ryan Miller wins the Vezina  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif

653.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif EPIC WIN!!! cheer.gif icon_alienjig.gif 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Duncan Keith with the Norris! trink39.gif common001.gif 653.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

Well, Quinn is pissed big time for getting skidded early by management aka Tamponlini. They covered their asses well by saying that this was the projected way it was going to go ...... just a little bit earlier than expected. At the end of the day Pat gets blamed for the shitty season which he had very little control. Piss poor dressing room attitude, man game lossed, no room to deal fat contracts. Basically a black cloud of doom hanging all over his head. Too bad Katz the owner didn't have the nutsack to 86 that weiner Kevin Lowetide and clean ALL the crap in our organization. Of course Pat being Pat probably didn't help himself by telling it exactly how it was last season after every game. ohmy.gif

I noticed San Jose passed on re signing Nabby. It will be interesting to see which direction they will go in terms of between the pipes.

Tomorrow is a big day for the Oil. The paper projected the departure of the following players. Souray, Moreau(moron ) O Sulliuseless, Missing Nilsson, Goggles Pisani . This will be a nice start to dumping turds in the punchbowl and move forward

QUOTE (silver @ Jun 24 2010, 09:27 AM)
Well, Quinn is pissed big time for getting skidded early by management aka Tamponlini. They covered their asses well by saying that this was the projected way it was going to go ...... just a little bit earlier than expected. At the end of the day Pat gets blamed for the shitty season which he had very little control. Piss poor dressing room attitude, man game lossed, no room to deal fat contracts. Basically a black cloud of doom hanging all over his head. Too bad Katz the owner didn't have the nutsack to 86 that weiner Kevin Lowetide and clean ALL the crap in our organization. Of course Pat being Pat probably didn't help himself by telling it exactly how it was last season after every game. ohmy.gif

I noticed San Jose passed on re signing Nabby. It will be interesting to see which direction they will go in terms of between the pipes.

Tomorrow is a big day for the Oil. The paper projected the departure of the following players. Souray, Moreau(moron ) O Sulliuseless, Missing Nilsson, Goggles Pisani . This will be a nice start to dumping turds in the punchbowl and move forward

I understand we traded Colin Fraser to Edmonton.

Edmonton Oilers draft Taylor Hall first overall. Bruins had to settle with center Tyler. He might have a tough time cracking the line up with the laden rich centers they already have. I thought there was going to be way more trade movement going on. Very disappointed we couldn't get rid of some dead weight on our team. But I did find out the headache Ethan Moreau is gonzo. They just have to make it official. trink36.gif

QUOTE (silver @ Jun 27 2010, 07:06 PM)
Edmonton Oilers draft Taylor Hall first overall. Bruins had to settle with center Tyler. He might have a tough time cracking the line up with the laden rich centers they already have. I thought there was going to be way more trade movement going on. Very disappointed we couldn't get rid of some dead weight on our team. But I did find out the headache Ethan Moreau is gonzo. They just have to make it official. trink36.gif

Wasn't Moreau the captain on your team? Surprising, since he was only a role player with the Hawks. Where is he going now?

He was only the captain because Kevin Lowe loves him for some stupid reason and leadership on the team is severely lacking. Which brings us to the case in point who will be captain next year ? No way would I pick Penner. Next...... Horcoff f**k that underachiever overpaid douche........ Hemsky .....hahahhhhha Screw it Hall. JK

I just know Ethan is traded just no info yet.

QUOTE (silver @ Jun 27 2010, 08:29 PM)
He was only the captain because Kevin Lowe loves him for some stupid reason and leadership on the team is severely lacking. Which brings us to the case in point who will be captain next year ? No way would I pick Penner. Next...... Horcoff f**k that underachiever overpaid douche........ Hemsky .....hahahhhhha Screw it Hall. JK

How about O'Sullivan? He always looked good when the Hawks played Edmonton. I don't know his captain character pedigree, though.

QUOTE (silver @ Jun 27 2010, 07:29 PM)

I doubt they got much for him.......he had a big contract, so the fact they were able to get anything for him is good. Now they have another 4 or 5 large contracts to dump......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 27 2010, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (silver @ Jun 27 2010, 07:29 PM)
He was only the captain because Kevin Lowe loves him for some stupid reason and leadership on the team is severely lacking.  Which brings us to the case in point who will be captain next year ?  No way would I pick Penner.  Next...... Horcoff  f**k that  underachiever overpaid douche........ Hemsky  .....hahahhhhha  Screw it Hall.    JK

I just know Ethan is  traded just no info yet.

I doubt they got much for him.......he had a big contract, so the fact they were able to get anything for him is good. Now they have another 4 or 5 large contracts to dump......

Moreau's contract is only 2 million a year so that is chump change in the NHL salary perspective.

O Sullivan had the worst or second worst plus minus on the team. Nilsson. He has done nothing since he got traded from LA la land. They must be doing a jing getting what they did for this soft player. He shoots a lot but most of the shots are poor percentage shots. Him , Nilsson were the ones probably being bought out. Moreau is a cancer on the team and just needs to be gonzo.

Kings To Make Kovalchuk an Offer

Sources confirm the Los Angeles Kings are ready to make a "substantial offer" to Ilya Kovalchuk.

Kovalchuk would be a jewel in LA, a team that can use a jolt. While undergoing a successful season, they lacked the true goal scorer needed to put them over the edge. The Kings tried to acquire his rights over the draft however New Jersey remains in the bidding war for the Russian sniper.

Edited by *Limelight*

If Ilya balked at 10 million a year with Atlanta I don't think LA can do the trick unless Kopitar convinces him. LA is a team that is on the rise though if they can get a steady goaltender. I just don't get IK's lack of team game as it is all about HIM period. I watched a few games when he was in NJ and the lazy prick didnt even bother as soon as the puck went in the other direction. Unbelievable offensive talent but I don't know if the addition to him puts LA as a contender.