'Ttianic' Special Edition DVD info *UPDATED*

Jack Aubrey

From our friends at The Digital Bits:

We've got some BIG DVD news for you today. Paramount is holding a special event next week to announce the fall DVD release of the Titanic: The Definitive Special Edition. We expect to have all the details on Tuesday afternoon, but as we've reported in The Rumor Mill recently, our sources tell us to expect a 2-disc and 4-disc set, patterned after New Lines Lord of the Rings DVD releases. The 4-disc will have the film spread over 2 discs for maximum anamorphic widescreen video quality, along with deleted scenes, literally hours of behind-the-scenes material, audio commentary and much more. Stay tuned on this!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 10 2005, 08:50 AM)
Am I the only one that thought that movie was pretty good? I enjoyed it a lot - good stroy.

Not the only one, count me in!

Jack...ya killin me! " 'Titanic' Special Edition DVD info, The boat sinks. He dies. Get over it...." icon_really_happy_guy.gif dave.gif

Some of my FAVORITE lines from the flick:

"The last thing I need is another picture of me looking like a porcelain doll." Awww, poor Rosie...we ALL have that problem. I was just saying that to myself the other day...

Cal Hockley: "Where are you going? To him? To be a whore to a gutter rat? "

Rose: "I'd rather be his whore than your wife."

Again...which of us gals HASN'T had this conversation?

Sorry, my cynicism is showing... ph34r.gif

I love this film. I was already a James Cameron fan anyway. I was blown away by his attention to the set detail. I do believe he even went as far as to buy paint from the original manufacturers to get exactly the right colour. The cutlery, plates, ornaments, carpets...everything, was as it was on the original.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Mar 10 2005, 04:08 PM)
I love this film. I was already a James Cameron fan anyway. I was blown away by his attention to the set detail. I do believe he even went as far as to buy paint from the original manufacturers to get exactly the right colour. The cutlery, plates, ornaments, carpets...everything, was as it was on the original.

True enough - the costumes were amazing, and the effects were very cool (for its time).

It was one of those very long movies that held my attention throughout the entire movie, unlike JFK...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 10 2005, 03:05 PM)
My favourite part is when the Celine Dion song comes on at the end during the credits.

Now, I have a documented history of great fondness for Canadians...you Barn, and Dweez, and D-13, and Testy, other Canadian TRFers I might've looked over...and Ged, and Al, and Neil...

But I don't care for Ms. Dion.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 10 2005, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 10 2005, 03:05 PM)
My favourite part is when the Celine Dion song comes on at the end during the credits.

Now, I have a documented history of great fondness for Canadians...you Barn, and Dweez, and D-13, and Testy, other Canadian TRFers I might've looked over...and Ged, and Al, and Neil...

But I don't care for Ms. Dion.

Believe it or not, I saw her I think the same summer as TFE tongue.gif

*UPDATE* The nice folks at The Digital Bits have full details on the DVD, too huge to cut and paste, so click here for the skinny.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Mar 11 2005, 01:50 AM)
ohmy.gif The boat sinks!!!?

Awww...look! We've ruined the surprise ending.

Sorry, Drumnut!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I liked the movie too. Not only did I get into the story, but I also got into the emotion of it. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HORROR?? Of being on a ship, that will no longer feel air? And, knowing that you are saying good bye to the love of your life??? You will never feel them again, or hear their voice?? Not knowing if you can save your children, or keep them safe? Knowing that they depend on you, and trust you, and wonder what the hell is going on?? That all affected me in a very distinct way. I loved the movie.

Heh. You guys are wicked.

Despite the fact we all know what happened, for me, it is a good story woven into factual history and made about as well as a film can be made.

And Billy Zane was wickedly pompous. yes.gif

Edited by Chasartymac