• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#281 PariahDog

PariahDog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1266 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:22 PM

I haven't gigged for a couple years, but for several years I gigged regularly with a Fender Supersonic 22 and LOVED it!  Great clean and crunch channels, pretty light, great projection and coverage for a 1X12, and very reliable.  And my BOSS ME70 sounded fantastic through the effects loop. :7up:

Sponsored Post

#282 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 25516 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostPariahDog, on 04 June 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

I haven't gigged for a couple years, but for several years I gigged regularly with a Fender Supersonic 22 and LOVED it!  Great clean and crunch channels, pretty light, great projection and coverage for a 1X12, and very reliable.  And my BOSS ME70 sounded fantastic through the effects loop. :7up:

Those are really pretty good amps.  I have a Fender silver face Deluxe Reverb reissue that I really enjoy.

#283 PariahDog

PariahDog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1266 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:40 PM

Yup, I'm mostly a Strat guy and played Showmaster FMTs in my cover band.  (Custom Shop flame maple top HSS Strats.)  There's just something about a Fender amp with a Strat that you can't beat.  A Strat with a Marshall can be cool as well, but is a whole different enchilada. :cool:

#284 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 25516 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostPariahDog, on 06 June 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Yup, I'm mostly a Strat guy and played Showmaster FMTs in my cover band.  (Custom Shop flame maple top HSS Strats.)  There's just something about a Fender amp with a Strat that you can't beat.  A Strat with a Marshall can be cool as well, but is a whole different enchilada. :cool:

You couldn't be more right about a Strat being played through a Fender amp.  The amps are voiced perfectly for those single coil and the 2 and 4 positions on the 5-way switch.  My Telecaster and Gretsch Electromatic sound awesome through my DR, as well.  Makes sense though, that Fender would make their amps to sound great with their guitars and vice versa.

#285 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 10052 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:11 PM

Check out this video about The Wizard, from HOOK amps (a Dutch one-man business). Crazy stuff but very, very cool!
The amp is a little bit expensive (€2,850) but if I could afford it, there's no doubt that I would instantly get this thing.
Sounds really killer and has some fantastic, well-conceived features!

#286 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 35135 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

That's impressive. Just seeing the knobs turn with each preset change was cool. The high gain tones were excellent. Tubes, baby!

#287 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 10052 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:04 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 08 January 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

That's impressive. Just seeing the knobs turn with each preset change was cool. The high gain tones were excellent. Tubes, baby!
Yeah, the turning knobs is a cool gimmick and very helpful since the master volume isn't affected when changing a preset. I love that solution. The amp is a beast!
The guy who made this video has also done some inspirational and impressive guitar videos.
I like this one here...

#288 dpgreek

dpgreek

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:14 AM

Haven't posted in a while... but I'm a Lifeson tone nut / chaser. I've been using a Splawn Supersport 50W EL34. But as of late, I'm running a Kingsley Maiden D (clean tube pre) and Kingsley Constable (plexi tube pre) into the FX return of the amp and use a swticher wtih pedals to get my Alex tone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users