The OFFICIAL NYC NWWCON thread

iluvgeddy05

(if this could be a pinned thread? thanks!)

It's early, but already the NWW have been putting their minds together to create NYC NWWCON for sometime next year. I know a good deal about the city (but not everything, keep in mind!), and have been designated by ladirushfan80 as the go-to girl tongue.gif

Details so far:

INTERESTED PARTIES:

me (iluvgeddy05)

GG

ladirushfan80

sullysue

WHEN: 2008, after the tour.

WHERE: duh!

WHY: Because we're awesome! And there's nothing like meeting other TRFers, esp. the strong and radiant female TRFers yes.gif

Here are some ideas I have:

Go in the spring of 2008. The city is so nice when the weather starts getting warmer! Plus, post-tax season, perhaps some of us will want to use a little of our returns towards the trip (or maybe I'm just speaking for myself). laugh.gif Winter time is messy and summer I've heard is really hot and kinda dead..

I've already mentioned in PMs about a good hotel I've stayed at twice now and have really liked not only for the nice, quiet location (quiet for NY that is!), but the price is unbeatable.

website: http://www.applecorehotels.com/ramada-inn-eastside/

Two blocks from the subway (green line, 4,5,6). Goes up the east side. It's also right near the empire state building and within walking distance of Times Square. It's located in Murray Hill (lexington and 30th streets), which is residential. Right on the corner of the next block is this super cute cafe (think it's called Penelope?) that has an awesome brunch.

I have a really good guide book that I use when I go down to find subway stops, and I don't have it on hand at the moment. When I go home, I will find the title and maybe an amazon link. It's a great thing to buy to get around the city -- has a pull-out map that's easy to read. Trust me, it will be your best friend!

As for myself, I love going to NYC and would love to attend. But, I am a full-time worker and part-time grad student so sometimes money and time is tight, but I will hopefully be able to save up!

Well, I'm probably getting ahead of myself here... Any other NWW who are intersted, post here cheer.gif

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most brilliant idea that has ever been thought up.

yes.gif

*GG ceremoniously pins the thread...NOW*

Saving money. Yes!

Haha, I just called my boyfriend and was like "Will you be p*ssed if I go to NYC without you?" because he loves going there and it's like "our getaway place" and cheesey crap like that, but he said no. Good boyfriend!

Another thing I was maybe thinking of: Do any of you watch Sex and the City? Apparently there are tours you can do that take you to spots that were relevant in the show, like Carrie's apt., restaurants and bars they went to -- things like that. I've never taken a tour like this and have no idea the costs or how to sign up. Just an idea to throw out there.

Shopping? I love going on 5th avenue, but again, that's all designer stuff. SoHo has some great shops too.

** gets ahead of self AGAIN!**

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:18 AM)
Another thing I was maybe thinking of: Do any of you watch Sex and the City? Apparently there are tours you can do that take you to spots that were relevant in the show, like Carrie's apt., restaurants and bars they went to -- things like that. I've never taken a tour like this and have no idea the costs or how to sign up. Just an idea to throw out there.

OMG OMG OMG!!!

It's only my favorite show EVER!!!!

Where do you think I got the cosmo.gif idea?

biggrin.gif

OH, and we HAVE to get t-shirts made up for this occasion...perhaps something featuring a cosmo.gif ?

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:18 AM)
Another thing I was maybe thinking of:  Do any of you watch Sex and the City?  Apparently there are tours you can do that take you to spots that were relevant in the show, like Carrie's apt., restaurants and bars they went to -- things like that.  I've never taken a tour like this and have no idea the costs or how to sign up.  Just an idea to throw out there.

OMG OMG OMG!!!

It's only my favorite show EVER!!!!

Where do you think I got the cosmo.gif idea?

biggrin.gif

Obviously!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 12:23 PM)
OH, and we HAVE to get t-shirts made up for this occasion...perhaps something featuring a cosmo.gif ?

biggrin.gif

On the back, we should have our choice of men:

Geddy

Alex

Or GG's man laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 13 2007, 11:23 AM)
I'll come if it there will be naked pillow fights. yes.gif

For you? Sure, baby.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:24 AM)

biggrin.gif

Geddy

Alex

Or GG's man laugh.gif

Damn straight. Let's just start calling him that from now on. yes.gif

WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

First of all, i'd really like to thank RR...

because of his PM thread in Random Samples, i sent a 'spam" pm to sullysue... and then we were pm-ing each other about how what bummer it was that we have not had the opportunity to meet...

well, one PM led to another and BAM ! this idea sprung to life!!

so again, thank you RR...

and NO! you can't go! but we may bring you something back if your really good !!! wink.gif

anyway....

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of scheduling this in the spring. When i was there this past May for Cinco De Mayo to kick necros ASS, the weather could not have been more perfect!!! mild temps... and all the trees in full bloom... flowers everywhere... it would be a perfect time of year!! and i also agree with iluvgeddy05 that tax refund $$ could be very helpful in assisting in financing this NWWCON.... after all.. we have shopping to do !!!

ROCK ON LADIES!!!

The year 2008..... NYC...

The year after that????

who knows!

maybe EUROPE!!!!!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/CoolPeaceSmilie.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:26 AM)
WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

because of his PM thread in Random Samples, i sent a 'spam" pm to sullysue... and then we were pm-ing each other about how what bummer it was that we have not had the opportunity to meet...

and NO! you can't go! but we may bring you something back if your really good !!! wink.gif

anyway....

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of scheduling this in the spring. When i was there this past May for Cinco De Mayo to kick necros ASS, the weather could not have been more perfect!!! mild temps... and all the trees in full bloom... flowers everywhere... it would be a perfect time of year!! and i also agree with iluvgeddy05 that tax refund $$ could be very helpful in assisting in financing this NWWCON.... after all.. we have shopping to do !!!

ROCK ON LADIES!!!
The year after that????
who knows!
maybe EUROPE!!!!!

YES!!!

I'm so pumped about this already.

1022.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 13 2007, 12:26 PM)
WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

anyway....

ROCK ON LADIES!!!
The year after that????
who knows!
maybe EUROPE!!!!!

Paris, anyone?

No speak French tho sad.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 13 2007, 12:26 PM)
WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

and NO!  you can't go!  but we may bring you something back if your really good !!! wink.gif

anyway....

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of scheduling this in the spring.  When i was there this past May for Cinco De Mayo to kick necros ASS, the weather could not have been more perfect!!!  mild temps... and all the trees in full bloom... flowers everywhere... it would be a perfect time of year!! and i also agree with iluvgeddy05 that tax refund $$ could be very helpful in assisting in financing this NWWCON.... after all.. we have shopping to do !!!

ROCK ON LADIES!!!
The year after that???? 
who knows! 
maybe EUROPE!!!!!

common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

Paris, anyone?

No speak French tho sad.gif

We can learn French in two years! yes.gif

And, yes, thank you RR. This would not have come to fruition without that thread. wub.gif

this is an AWESOME idea biggrin.gif Hopefully by 2008 I'll be able to afford it! Count me in tentatively until I can confirm that I have $$ LOL

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 11:49 AM)
this is an AWESOME idea biggrin.gif Hopefully by 2008 I'll be able to afford it! Count me in tentatively until I can confirm that I have $$ LOL

Oooooo! You HAVE to go. yes.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:24 AM)

biggrin.gif

Geddy

Alex

Or GG's man laugh.gif

Damn straight. Let's just start calling him that from now on. yes.gif

totally! Perhaps with our nicknames on them?

or maybe Geddy's Bard on mine laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 13 2007, 12:50 PM)
this is an AWESOME idea biggrin.gif  Hopefully by 2008 I'll be able to afford it!  Count me in tentatively until I can confirm that I have $$ LOL

wow that was damn quick! I replied, then replied to something else, and there's your reply to my reply wacko.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 11:51 AM)
this is an AWESOME idea biggrin.gif  Hopefully by 2008 I'll be able to afford it!  Count me in tentatively until I can confirm that I have $$ LOL

wow that was damn quick! I replied, then replied to something else, and there's your reply to my reply wacko.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif I'm good that way. tongue.gif

I'm just soooo excited! 653.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 13 2007, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 11:51 AM)

laugh.gif I'm good that way. tongue.gif

I'm just soooo excited! 653.gif

I know! This is such a good idea! bncegrn.gif I know RoR will come too - again with the whole money thing tho....

Archived