2007 - 06/23 - Bristow, VA - Nissan Pavilian

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm there. biggrin.gif Section 204, Row J which will be the closest I've ever been for a Rush show. Bringing a couple buddies with me who'll be seeing Rush for the first time.

Would love to hang with any of you in the parking lot beforehand. trink39.gif Good to hear that security is reasonable. smile.gif

All right. It's May 29th already.

Lets's get the ball rolling.

I'm going w/ my 16 y/o son (it will be his third 2.gif show) and we're bringing a grill, some beverages and plastic cups, and the acoustic guitars for a pre-show tailgating celebration. If anyone would like to join us, we can meet in the shopping center that's about a mile away from the Pavillion, and drive in together so we can park next to each other.

Then, we'll fire up the grills, break out the guitars, and eat and drink and sing. 653.gif

And we can take a pic to post here, showing GG that we didn't forget to toast her on her B-Day. trink39.gif

If anyone is interested, speak up already. It's less than a month until the show, so it's time to make some plans. How about it?

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 29 2007, 07:45 AM)
All right. It's May 29th already.

I'm going w/ my 16 y/o son (it will be his third 2.gif show) and we're bringing a grill, some beverages and plastic cups, and the acoustic guitars for a pre-show tailgating celebration. If anyone would like to join us, we can meet in the shopping center that's about a mile away from the Pavillion, and drive in together so we can park next to each other.

Then, we'll fire up the grills, break out the guitars, and eat and drink and sing. 653.gif

And we can take a pic to post here, showing GG that we didn't forget to toast her on her B-Day. trink39.gif

If anyone is interested, speak up already. It's less than a month until the show, so it's time to make some plans. How about it?

(Raises hand)

I'll be there. I would like to be situated in the parking lot by 5 pm. Meeting up with a co-worker and college buddy w/ his woman who we got seats together. I'll be bringing a guitar and plenty of adult beverages along with some stuff to through on your grill (if I can find you).

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 29 2007, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 29 2007, 07:45 AM)
All right.  It's May 29th already. 

I'm going w/ my 16 y/o son (it will be his third 2.gif show) and we're bringing a grill, some beverages and plastic cups, and the acoustic guitars for a pre-show tailgating celebration.  If anyone would like to join us, we can meet in the shopping center that's about a mile away from the Pavillion, and drive in together so we can park next to each other. 

Then, we'll fire up the grills, break out the guitars, and eat and drink and sing.  653.gif

And we can take a pic to post here, showing GG that we didn't forget to toast her on her B-Day.  trink39.gif

If anyone is interested, speak up already.  It's less than a month until the show, so it's time to make some plans.  How about it? 

(Raises hand)

I'll be there. I would like to be situated in the parking lot by 5 pm. Meeting up with a co-worker and college buddy w/ his woman who we got seats together. I'll be bringing a guitar and plenty of adult beverages along with some stuff to through on your grill (if I can find you).

We will figure out a way to make it happen. Balloons on the van or something like that. I will be there no later than 5 myself, maybe even earlier if they will open the lot.

OK, who else is in?

Joshua?

Sweetscience?

Anybody?

Speak up!

I'm totally in! I'm coming with two others. We're bringing enough beverages for us three but can bring more at your request. What can we bring? More meat for the grill? Snacks? Let me know dude. I could even bring my Martin acoustic, even though I can't play worth shit. bolt.gif

So work out where we meet and when. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Joshua @ May 30 2007, 06:27 PM)
I'm totally in! I'm coming with two others. We're bringing enough beverages for us three but can bring more at your request. What can we bring? More meat for the grill? Snacks? Let me know dude. I could even bring my Martin acoustic, even though I can't play worth shit. bolt.gif

So work out where we meet and when. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Excellent. I haven't figured the meeting spot for sure, but I think there is a shopping center nearby. I'll check out the ol' ADC map at work on Friday and see exactly what I can work up. As for the grill, bring what you and your guests want and we will throw it on. I'll have condiments and at least two small grills to light up. (I can bring the ol' Weber if necessary, but that seems a bit extravagant.) I'll be hooking everyone up w/ some grilled corn as well, a lil special recipe.

Make sure to bring some chairs too. We will solid up the details as the date approaches.

As for the guitars, my son will probably be doing most of the playing, and he's pretty good. I'll be pretty busy w/ the cooking anyway. Unless we actually hook up w/ apetersvt. Then I'll pick mine up, rusty though I be, and we'll jam some good ol' GD. (I'm scaring up that Sugaree and China Doll!)

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 30 2007, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ May 30 2007, 06:27 PM)

So work out where we meet and when.  biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Excellent. I haven't figured the meeting spot for sure, but I think there is a shopping center nearby. I'll check out the ol' ADC map at work on Friday and see exactly what I can work up. As for the grill, bring what you and your guests want and we will throw it on. I'll have condiments and at least two small grills to light up. (I can bring the ol' Weber if necessary, but that seems a bit extravagant.) I'll be hooking everyone up w/ some grilled corn as well, a lil special recipe.

Make sure to bring some chairs too. We will solid up the details as the date approaches.

As for the guitars, my son will probably be doing most of the playing, and he's pretty good. I'll be pretty busy w/ the cooking anyway. Unless we actually hook up w/ apetersvt. Then I'll pick mine up, rusty though I be, and we'll jam some good ol' GD. (I'm scaring up that Sugaree and China Doll!)

Unless it's incredibly hot, I'll bring my Gibson J-45. Time is running down. Better get some more practicing in if I wanna play and not sound horrible.

Excitement so thick... you can cut it with a knife.

I remember the two days I would look forward to most each year were the summer Dead shows at RFK. Hanging out with friends. Enjoying a nice buzz. Playing music. Listening to music.

QUOTE (MiriyaB @ Jun 2 2007, 11:59 PM)
We're also in for Section 101 row J!
(our first show at this venue...I've only seen RUSH once, back in '91 in Worcester MA on the RTB tour; husband's never seen 'em)

Very cool. You are in the row right in front of us!

Let me know if you and yours want to join us for a little pre-show tailgating and a little acoustic jam.

Anyone looking to unload two extra tickets? I had a show with my band and it got cancelled. This is only like 3-4 hours from my house! Please PM me if you have extras!!!

YES! I just scored good tickets on ebay! Can't wait for this show!!!

2.gif

BTW, my wife and I would definitely be down for some tailgate action. I can bring a few tasty craft brews from PA as well as whatever is needed.

Good idea about the balloons on the car as a signal. Maybe you could draw the starman on them!

I could bring some bongos for the jam session. I doubt they'd be cool with me bringing my entire kit!!! laugh.gif

Can't wait!

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 4 2007, 02:14 PM)
YES!  I just scored good tickets on ebay!  Can't wait for this show!!!

2.gif

BTW, my wife and I would definitely be down for some tailgate action.  I can bring a few tasty craft brews from PA as well as whatever is needed.

Good idea about the balloons on the car as a signal.  Maybe you could draw the starman on them! 

I could bring some bongos for the jam session.  I doubt they'd be cool with me bringing my entire kit!!!  laugh.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.

More details as the date approaches. Congrats on the good seats.

OK, here's the count so far:

apetersvt (if we can manage a hook up.)

Joshua

ALifeson85

and Ffej.

Looks like we have the makings of a great party! icon_alienjig.gif

So, who else is in?

Y'all have fun, partying without me on my birthday. fists crying.gif

biggrin.gif Just joking. Well, not about the having fun part. laugh.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 4 2007, 04:56 PM)

2.gif

BTW, my wife and I would definitely be down for some tailgate action.  I can bring a few tasty craft brews from PA as well as whatever is needed.

Good idea about the balloons on the car as a signal.  Maybe you could draw the starman on them! 

I could bring some bongos for the jam session.  I doubt they'd be cool with me bringing my entire kit!!!  laugh.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.

Joshua

ALifeson85

and Ffej.

So, who else is in?

Count us in as well (my wife and I). I may have a couple others in tow as well (co-worker and his son).

QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 4 2007, 09:31 PM)

2.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.

Joshua

ALifeson85

and Ffej.

So, who else is in?

Count us in as well (my wife and I). I may have a couple others in tow as well (co-worker and his son).

Excellent. I've been wondering where you've been.

It's shaping up to be a pretty good TRF get-together.

Now, down to business. Since you live near the venue WM...Isn't there a shopping center right at that 29 exit right off I-66...to the left? That's where I was thinking of meeting before going into the lot. Remind me if you would. It's been a long time since I've been out that way. (I live at the other end of the county.)

Sounds good! Once we get a complete list of everyone planning to gather, we should send a PM to everyone with the game plan.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 4 2007, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 4 2007, 09:31 PM)

2.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.

Joshua

ALifeson85

and Ffej.

So, who else is in?

Excellent. I've been wondering where you've been.

It's shaping up to be a pretty good TRF get-together.

Now, down to business. Since you live near the venue WM...Isn't there a shopping center right at that 29 exit right off I-66...to the left? That's where I was thinking of meeting before going into the lot. Remind me if you would. It's been a long time since I've been out that way. (I live at the other end of the county.)

Yes, it's called "Virginia Gateway Plaza" shopping center.

http://www.vagateway.com/

^^^

yes.gif

That's the one I was thinking of. Meeting at the Giant there. It has three advantages:

The Giant sign will make it visible from the street.

We can get any last minute items that anyone might need.

And finally, we can pull out together on Wellington Road to go to the lot together. That way, we can all park in the same area. 1287.gif

I'll put some balloons on my van so others can find us.

Then we'll eat and play music until the show. AlexFinal.gif

I also recommend that everyone bring a little extra of their favorite beverages, so we can sample each others favorite brews, etc.

OK....more details to follow.

Nice! I'll be bringing some Troegs Sunshine Pilsner from Harrisburg, PA for those who like craft beer. It will be perfect for a nice summer day! I might bring a few other selections, depending on my mood that day. Of course, I'm sure I'll be in a good mood since I will be going to a Rush concert!!!! Man, I can't wait! It's been almost three years since the R30 tour!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 7 2007, 10:57 AM)
Nice! I'll be bringing some Troegs Sunshine Pilsner from Harrisburg, PA for those who like craft beer. It will be perfect for a nice summer day! I might bring a few other selections, depending on my mood that day. Of course, I'm sure I'll be in a good mood since I will be going to a Rush concert!!!! Man, I can't wait! It's been almost three years since the R30 tour!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Very good. I probably won't have anything as rare. I will most likely have an assortment of Labatts and Molson Canadien and Yuengling...or something along those lines, good for a typically steamy day in June.

Perhaps it is also a good idea to bring extra food for others to sample. I'm bringing some roasted corn to share, and perhaps some sausages from the grill. I will also have the normal condiments and a few extra plastic cups (very important for those who wish to imbibe.)

I'll also have two grills, one large and one small, for anyone who needs some heat. And two sets of tongs for anybody willing to flip while I join in the jam for a song or two.

Any other ideas are welcome as well.

Archived