2007 - 06/23 - Bristow, VA - Nissan Pavilian

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Ffej Sector A

Ffej Sector A

The Seeker

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:- Music performance (primarily drums) including Rush cover band Solar Federation
    - Vinyl junkie
    - Hanging out with my wife, Brandi, who's also a huge Rush fan!
    - Craft beer

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

YES!  I just scored good tickets on ebay!  Can't wait for this show!!!

2.gif

BTW, my wife and I would definitely be down for some tailgate action.  I can bring a few tasty craft brews from PA as well as whatever is needed.

Good idea about the balloons on the car as a signal.  Maybe you could draw the starman on them!  

I could bring some bongos for the jam session.  I doubt they'd be cool with me bringing my entire kit!!!  laugh.gif

Can't wait!

Edited by Ffej Sector A, 04 June 2007 - 01:22 PM.

Sponsored Post

#42 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 4 2007, 02:14 PM)
YES!  I just scored good tickets on ebay!  Can't wait for this show!!!

2.gif

BTW, my wife and I would definitely be down for some tailgate action.  I can bring a few tasty craft brews from PA as well as whatever is needed.

Good idea about the balloons on the car as a signal.  Maybe you could draw the starman on them!   

I could bring some bongos for the jam session.  I doubt they'd be cool with me bringing my entire kit!!!  laugh.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.  

More details as the date approaches.  Congrats on the good seats.  

OK, here's the count so far:  

apetersvt (if we can manage a hook up.)  
Joshua
ALifeson85
and Ffej.  

Looks like we have the makings of a great party!  icon_alienjig.gif

So, who else is in?  

Edited by steelcaressed, 04 June 2007 - 05:03 PM.

#43 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

Y'all have fun, partying without me on my birthday. fists crying.gif

biggrin.gif Just joking.  Well, not about the having fun part. laugh.gif

#44 workingman

workingman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitars, Motorcycles, Computers

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 4 2007, 04:56 PM)

2.gif

BTW, my wife and I would definitely be down for some tailgate action.  I can bring a few tasty craft brews from PA as well as whatever is needed.

Good idea about the balloons on the car as a signal.  Maybe you could draw the starman on them!   

I could bring some bongos for the jam session.  I doubt they'd be cool with me bringing my entire kit!!!  laugh.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.  

Joshua
ALifeson85
and Ffej.  

So, who else is in?  

Count us in as well (my wife and I).  I may have a couple others in tow as well (co-worker and his son).

#45 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 4 2007, 09:31 PM)

2.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.  

Joshua
ALifeson85
and Ffej.  

So, who else is in?  

Count us in as well (my wife and I).  I may have a couple others in tow as well (co-worker and his son).

Excellent.  I've been wondering where you've been.  

It's shaping up to be a pretty good TRF get-together.  

Now, down to business.  Since you live near the venue WM...Isn't there a shopping center right at that 29 exit right off I-66...to the left?  That's where I was thinking of meeting before going into the lot.  Remind me if you would.  It's been a long time since I've been out that way.  (I live at the other end of the county.)  

Edited by steelcaressed, 04 June 2007 - 09:52 PM.

#46 Ffej Sector A

Ffej Sector A

The Seeker

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:- Music performance (primarily drums) including Rush cover band Solar Federation
    - Vinyl junkie
    - Craft beer

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:39 AM

Sounds good!  Once we get a complete list of everyone planning to gather, we should send a PM to everyone with the game plan.  

#47 workingman

workingman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitars, Motorcycles, Computers

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 4 2007, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 4 2007, 09:31 PM)

2.gif

Can't wait!

All right, you're in.  

Joshua
ALifeson85
and Ffej.  

So, who else is in?  

Excellent.  I've been wondering where you've been.  

It's shaping up to be a pretty good TRF get-together.  

Now, down to business.  Since you live near the venue WM...Isn't there a shopping center right at that 29 exit right off I-66...to the left?  That's where I was thinking of meeting before going into the lot.  Remind me if you would.  It's been a long time since I've been out that way.  (I live at the other end of the county.)

Yes, it's called "Virginia Gateway Plaza" shopping center.

http://www.vagateway.com/

#48 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

^^^
  yes.gif

That's the one I was thinking of.  Meeting at the Giant there.  It has three advantages:  

The Giant sign will make it visible from the street.  

We can get any last minute items that anyone might need.  

And finally, we can pull out together on Wellington Road to go to the lot together.  That way, we can all park in the same area.   1287.gif

I'll put some balloons on my van so others can find us.  

Then we'll eat and play music until the show.  AlexFinal.gif

I also recommend that everyone bring a little extra of their favorite beverages, so we can sample each others favorite brews, etc.  

OK....more details to follow.  

#49 Ffej Sector A

Ffej Sector A

The Seeker

• Members
  • 309 posts
    - Vinyl junkie
    - Craft beer

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

Nice!  I'll be bringing some Troegs Sunshine Pilsner from Harrisburg, PA for those who like craft beer.  It will be perfect for a nice summer day!  I might bring a few other selections, depending on my mood that day.  Of course, I'm sure I'll be in a good mood since I will be going to a Rush concert!!!!  Man, I can't wait!  It's been almost three years since the R30 tour!

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  

#50 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 7 2007, 10:57 AM)
Nice!  I'll be bringing some Troegs Sunshine Pilsner from Harrisburg, PA for those who like craft beer.  It will be perfect for a nice summer day!  I might bring a few other selections, depending on my mood that day.  Of course, I'm sure I'll be in a good mood since I will be going to a Rush concert!!!!  Man, I can't wait!  It's been almost three years since the R30 tour!

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Very good.  I probably won't have anything as rare.  I will most likely have an assortment of Labatts and Molson Canadien and Yuengling...or something along those lines, good for a typically steamy day in June.    

Perhaps it is also a good idea to bring extra food for others to sample.  I'm bringing some roasted corn to share, and perhaps some sausages from the grill.  I will also have the normal condiments and a few extra plastic cups (very important for those who wish to imbibe.)  

I'll also have two grills, one large and one small, for anyone who needs some heat.  And two sets of tongs for anybody willing to flip while I join in the jam for a song or two.  

Any other ideas are welcome as well.  

#51 Joshua

Joshua

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1246 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:47 AM

My pals are bringing Coor's Light and hot dogs. I might bring some ready-to-grill ka-bob's or something like that, some burgers too. Haven't decided which choice beverage I'll bring. I'm more a red wine guy. Yellow Tail Cabernet or Shiraz goes great with grilling. I'll probably bring a six-pack or two of some quality ale for sharing as well. smile.gif

Determining meet-up time at this shopping center is next.

#52 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

It is indeed.  I'm going to call the pavillion tomorrow to see if they will reveal the gate time.  

On the planning side:  

Can anbody bring a lightweight but sturdy table for condiments, plates, etc. ?  

#53 Joshua

Joshua

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1246 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 10 2007, 02:33 PM)
Can anbody bring a lightweight but sturdy table for condiments, plates, etc. ?

Done.

It's a 34" x 34", roughly 3 foot square, fold-up table that should serve our purpose just fine.

#54 LoneStar Boogie

LoneStar Boogie

Watching from Satellites

• Members *
  • 4548 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:38 AM

Hey All,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get with this program!

I will be attending the concert, and I'm definitely up for getting together.  If I can't meet you all in the Giant parking lot, I'll find you at the Pavillion.  

Let me know if I can bring anything.

Chris

#55 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (R30Chris @ Jun 11 2007, 09:38 AM)
Hey All,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get with this program!

I will be attending the concert, and I'm definitely up for getting together.  If I can't meet you all in the Giant parking lot, I'll find you at the Pavillion.  

Let me know if I can bring anything.

Chris

Chris,  

you're in, no problem.  And the Giant parking lot we are talking about will be right on the way if you are taking I-66 (which is most likely.)  If you want in, we will make it happen.  Bring a guitar (or whatever you may play) so you can join in the music too!

Bring some beer to share, or whatever beverage you like.   trink39.gif

More to follow later tonight.   I'm calling Nissan now to get a gate time.  

2.gif  

#56 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 7 2007, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 7 2007, 10:57 AM)
Nice!  I'll be bringing some Troegs Sunshine Pilsner from Harrisburg, PA for those who like craft beer.  It will be perfect for a nice summer day!  I might bring a few other selections, depending on my mood that day.  Of course, I'm sure I'll be in a good mood since I will be going to a Rush concert!!!!  Man, I can't wait!  It's been almost three years since the R30 tour!

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Very good.  I probably won't have anything as rare.  I will most likely have an assortment of Labatts and Molson Canadien and Yuengling...or something along those lines, good for a typically steamy day in June.    

Perhaps it is also a good idea to bring extra food for others to sample.  I'm bringing some roasted corn to share, and perhaps some sausages from the grill.  I will also have the normal condiments and a few extra plastic cups (very important for those who wish to imbibe.)  

I'll also have two grills, one large and one small, for anyone who needs some heat.  And two sets of tongs for anybody willing to flip while I join in the jam for a song or two.  

Any other ideas are welcome as well.

Wow.  Molson and Yuengling are my favorites.  Can't wait.

I just don't want to party too much and have to miss any of the show for potty breaks.

For special occasions such as this, I go to 'Total Wine' and pick out a variety of single beers from around the world.

Anyway, I'm all up for meeting at the Giant.

And for those going,

I am Alan.  I'll be coming up from the Richmond area.  I will be meeting up with a co-worker Don.  My college buddy Adrian and his girlfriend (Janet) will be meeting up as well.  The four of us will be sitting together.  I think we're in the 2nd row in section 203 (whichever one is Alex's side).  Coulda done much better in the pre-sale, but I thought I could hold off and to better with Ticketbastard.

Been a Rush fan since 6th/7th grade.  Discovered Rush on a boy scout camping trip (listened to All The World's A Stage and was blown away).
My first show was Hold Your Fire at Hampton Coliseum.  I think this will be my 11th show.  Alex Lifeson is my idol.  I play guitar and will be attempting some Rush tunes for the parking lot.

#57 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

Gate time is 4:30.  

There is a bit of complication.  I will try to come up w/ a contingency.  

Stay tuned.  

#58 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

OK...keeping w/ the S&A theme, here's the good news first:  

If you have an electric grill and a generator, you will be very popular.  

According to a girl answering the phone (and the Nissan Pavillion website) all grills except electric ones are banned.  Somehow I doubt there will be accessible outlets.  Now, I have been to three Rush shows there and grilled at two of them myself.  I don't know if security will actually be telling everyone to put it out, confiscating grills, or amenable to delicious bribes.  For those of you planning to cook, bring a grill you don't mind parting with.  I have two small grills that I will be bringing.  

Now, since we are planning on meeting at Giant, we can get some cold cuts and sandwich goodies as a back-up plan.  I'm pretty sure cold cuts are allowed.  And if the grilling is no problem, we can have sandwiches after the show while the lot and the access road clear.  Eating is always better than sitting in traffic.  

Incidentally, drinking before the show is also banned.  However, I have had actual PW County cops tell me just to use a colored plastic cup.  Hopefully the ridiculous grilling rule is the same.  

On to business, with a gate time of 4:30, how about meeting HERE      at 4:00.  That gives us time to grab a few things and drive to the pavillion by 4:30 easily.  Just click on the map to enlarge it.  

#59 Ffej Sector A

Ffej Sector A

The Seeker

• Members
  • 309 posts
    - Vinyl junkie
    - Craft beer

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:18 AM

Sounds good.  Thanks for doing all of the leg-work, steelcaressed!  I'm looking forward to meeting all you TRF'ers!

I do have one small request, though.  I will NOT be looking at the setlist spoilers, as I would like to be surprised during the show.  I'm not sure if others are planning on reading the spoilers, but it would be greatly appreciated if we concentrate on eating, jamming, and talking about our collective love for Rush (other than the setlist).   wink.gif  
Thanks in advance everyone!  

2.gif  

#60 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 13 2007, 08:18 AM)
Sounds good.  Thanks for doing all of the leg-work, steelcaressed!  I'm looking forward to meeting all you TRF'ers!

I do have one small request, though.  I will NOT be looking at the setlist spoilers, as I would like to be surprised during the show.  I'm not sure if others are planning on reading the spoilers, but it would be greatly appreciated if we concentrate on eating, jamming, and talking about our collective love for Rush (other than the setlist).   wink.gif  
Thanks in advance everyone!  

2.gif

goodpost.gif

I agree.  I want nothing but surprises myself.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users