Saw "Rush:Time Stand Still" doc on Tubi

SusanMistyT

Hi, guys, I just started and finish seeing the doc on Rush. It was so heartbreaking to say the least. I was not ready to say goodbye just yet, but, now after Neil's death, it was so sad to see it, being Rush's last tour with Neil. What a greatest band ever to say the least of all bands out there today. I am very sad now after seeing it today of all days. I was so not ready for it to the last of our beloved Boys. In my heart they will always be together. I was NOT expecting it to be very much sadness at all. Did you all was or were ready to say goodbye or was some of you was hoping for more?
  • Like 3

I went to the theater to watch it and I remember it being so good and very poignant. The sense of what a wonderful accomplishment Rush was and we as fans got to enjoy them for so long. I have thought about watching it again but with Neil's passing it would feel a lot more melancholy.
  • Like 4

RushFanForever you have such great bookmarks and an ear to the ground for Rush news!

How very interesting, to me. Perhaps for others, too, that a resident of Bala would finish the editing touches to the end of my favourite band.

The Muskokas and Bala are places of wonderful memories - cottage country, roller skating, summers in bathing suits listening to music...mostly Rush :) Maybe my personal Lakeside Park?

It feels like a time warp, those being such early days in my life and yet the band I love the most "finished" there, in the hands of an editor.

It must be a thankless job in a way, editing - Bryan Gardner is not even mentioned in the credits in the movie or on the dvd jacket - yet as part of a company, he looked through 12 terabytes of footage!

And what an amazing movie it is. I have watched it a few times. Paul Rudd does a great job at narration, the actual editing and splicing between scenes is perfection, and the fan footage is what brings me back to it, time and time again.

Bala was also a big place for Teenage Head, another great Canadian band (different style of music) but also a close knit community of fans and the members of the group.

Gene Champagne, the drummer for Teenage Head, is currently battling the covid and in hospital.

Interesting also, Bryan's comment about "it didn't start out being an ending/final type movie", but the material almost spoke for itself.

Thank you Mr. Gardner for the exacting eye and excellent editing. One of my favourite Rush docs!

• Like 3

I watched it about a year ago. Tough, tough watch but I'll break it out every once in a while because it's part of the overall story.

It has some fun bits too, not all sad. I guess it won't be as powerful for me because I sat down close at the theater and felt like I was right there with them. Laughed and shed a few tears yet so worth it.

• Like 3

Logged back in tonight, while watching the movie again...

bryan gardner is the third credit.

Sneaky lower case. My bad. I really love that movie!

And the first two credits, of course, dale and allan.

Thank you, all of you! You captured the band in such a personal way.

Thank you SusanMistyT for the topic.

• Like 1

Logged back in tonight, while watching the movie again...

bryan gardner is the third credit.

Sneaky lower case. My bad. I really love that movie!

And the first two credits, of course, dale and allan.

Thank you, all of you! You captured the band in such a personal way.

Thank you SusanMistyT for the topic.

Anytime!!!

I'm not being trollish here but I opted out of watching it (an online watch party) b/c I wasn't feeling it.

We were so lucky to get 4 great decades of work out of the guys. & Their loyal production company. Let's focus on the positives here.

• Like 1

I think it depends on how one feels when watching the movie, but it really is an exceptional release. Really, really well done.

I don't personally find it depressing. Rather, it is just a really good celebration of fans and the guys at work. The editing really is great.

• Like 3

I'm not being trollish here but I opted out of watching it (an online watch party) b/c I wasn't feeling it.

We were so lucky to get 4 great decades of work out of the guys. & Their loyal production company. Let's focus on the positives here.

I was not trying to put anyone down at all. It just that I just seeing that film for the first time and it been hitting me that we will never get a one off form Rush, even if Neil was still here. And because I read the very powerful feelings from some folks on here that has seen it and they said that it was so sad after what they all been though. No hard feeling here ok?