Question for the TRF member who teaches English in Japan....

Mara

I can't remember who it was that lived in Japan for a while and taught English classes. But I need to know the Japanese equivalent of "dingbat".

Long story, which I'll share with anyone who cares....

That’ll do nicely, thanks!

I thought you were the one whose brain had that information; couldn't recall.

Briefly - the reason I need to know is not so I can insult a Japanese person. I am a member of another forum that's horse racing related (racing is HUGELY popular in Japan). Another member wants to respond to a Japanese Twitter feed explaining that certain Americans are, well, idiots.

Edited by Mara

I learned my mother in law of my first wife was named babcha 'Grandma' in Polish. Also learned the Japanese term Baka which I learned was Fool, or idiot. I was looking up Japanese words while making models of aircraft that were made in Japan.

eeNmvo1.png

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

I remember them! Just goofy. Pretty good musicians, though, it was fun stuff.

First gig I saw in Japan was Shonen Knife. I had only known them by name and was going just to go. It was at a really small club that couldn’t have fit more than a couple of hundred Japanese (equivalent to about 100 North American-sized people :P ). Fun show, lively opening acts too.

• Like 1

I think that member was called Slime. But it may have been Korea where he taught.

Coincidentally, Slime used to live in the Korean city Daegu where there’s been a very recent spike in coronavirus cases. I last heard from him a few years ago and he was back living in Canada