2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

There's some D. Bama going to have to punt on 4th and 17. Clemson to get the ball back with over 2 minutes left in the half.

Can they make it a 3 score lead at halftime?

Yes, I think they can it would be a hell of a halftime shocker for Bama fans

I can't wait to see how evil genius Sabin adjusts for the second half. Clemson needs a 20 pt lead at the half to be out of the woods. Edited by goose

There's some D. Bama going to have to punt on 4th and 17. Clemson to get the ball back with over 2 minutes left in the half.

I can't wait to see how evil genius Sabin adjusts for the second half. Clemson needs a 20 pt lead at the half to be out of the woods.

Yeah. I was thinking along the same lines.

Clemson's lead is 15. That is impressive. Let's see if they can keep it up in the second half.

I can't wait to see how evil genius Sabin adjusts for the second half. Clemson needs a 20 pt lead at the half to be out of the woods.

Clemson's lead is 15. That is impressive. Let's see if they can keep it up in the second half.

To play so poorly and only be down two scores, Bama should feel pretty good.

The O/U is 58pts for tonight's game. The under seems like a good bet. Thoughts?

I think Alabama is going to stomp the living hell out of Clemson. I think Tugovailoa is the best qb I've ever seen.

Ergo, you should probably take the under and Clemson will probably play great defense and win! Lol

You're either pretty young or haven't seen many quarterbacks.

My prediction -- Bama 40, Clemson 24

Already missed that. DOH!

Am I the only one commenting on the game tonight?

Clemson went 3 and out again, Bama cruised down the field again but is experiencing difficulty in making those last few yards to the end zone. End of 1rst quarter. Clemson 14 Bama 13. Big 3rd and goal coming up for Bama to start the 2nd quarter. If Clemson can hold Bama to a field goal here, it will give hope to Clemson fans that their defense won't be just run out of the stadium.

Reading "play by play" is about as boring as anything I can think of. I just checked in at half time to see how you're feeling. :madra:

I am thinking of the Georgia - Alabama games of the past two seasons, this year in the SEC Championship Game and last year in the National Championship Game. Both times, Georgia had the upper hand over Bama in the first half, only for Bama to gradually assert more and more control over the game in the 2nd half to win it.

The O/U is 58pts for tonight's game. The under seems like a good bet. Thoughts?

I think Alabama is going to stomp the living hell out of Clemson. I think Tugovailoa is the best qb I've ever seen.

Ergo, you should probably take the under and Clemson will probably play great defense and win! Lol

You're either pretty young or haven't seen many quarterbacks.

My prediction -- Bama 40, Clemson 24

Already missed that. DOH!

Yep, definitely underestimated how Clemson's offense would perform against Bama's defense. I guess last year's Bama-Clemson game in which Bama shut down Clemson and held it to 180 total yards or so was too much in my mind as what to expect this time.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

I am thinking of the Georgia - Alabama games of the past two seasons, this year in the SEC Championship Game and last year in the National Championship Game. Both times, Georgia had the upper hand over Bama in the first half, only for Bama to gradually assert more and more control over the game in the 2nd half to win it.

:yes:

The romp is on, only it is Clemson romping over Bama.

Did anybody see this coming?

It is Clemson's night, everything going right for them.

44-16

I didn'like the fake field goal, and it's been downhill from there.
  • Like 1

44-16

Yeah, that was a bad call.

44-16

Yeah, that was a bad call.

Take the points and the momentum.
  • Like 1

That's the game. Clemson wins. Bama gets inside the 10 yard line but fails to get any points, again. Clemson's D has given up a hell of a lot of yards, but managed to keep Bama out of the end zone. Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

You're just not buying into Clemson's defense?

Nope.

Based on the evidence presented, would you like to modify your position? :P

Not really.

Bama has moved the ball at will, just choked when it got inside the red zone.

Hey, I WOULD like to modify my position a bit. I stated earlier that Saban was working with a much better quarterback than South Carolina had.

That has not proven true in this game.

Bentley did not throw any interceptions at all.

Hey, I WOULD like to modify my position a bit. I stated earlier that Saban was working with a much better quarterback than South Carolina had.

Clemson's pressure has been outstanding.
  • Like 1

I'm glad for the Clemson fans. At least some South Carolinians are happy tonight. I just got off the phone with a friend in Liberty. Obviously, he was very joyous, as he had taken tonight off to see the game.

Worst beatdown against Saban at Alabama and 2nd worst ever(Spurrier beat him 44-15 when he was at LSU).

Now, the tiger paw flag will be on the state house for a week.....argggh.

I guess I'll die before we even win the conference.

• Like 1

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Dude, who are you talking to?

I am the most prolific posting SEC fan in SOCN college football threads, and I stated earlier that I wanted Clemson to win.

Think about what we all just witnessed.

Many of us agreed in this thread that the current Bama team was Saban's best team at Bama, and that was saying a hell of a lot. You, Fordgalaxy, agreed with that iirc.

So, what we just witnessed was an epic take down of what we considered to be Saban's best team at Bama.

That was a hell of a rare sort of game to watch.

I am glad to have seen it.

• Like 1

I'm glad for the Clemson fans. At least some South Carolinians are happy tonight.

And they should be.

That was a kickass win over what had been widely considered as Saban's best team ever.

f**k Alabama.

I am glad that a school in South Carolina got that epic win over the f***ing Alabamians.

• Like 1

I was googling Alabama-Georgia, to look up their head to head stats, and this result came up:

"Is Alabama a part of Georgia?"

:facepalm:

From about partway up in North Carolina around to Louisiana or Arkansas, it's all pretty much the same.

Except for the Appalachian mountains, which are very beautiful, and the beaches, the south is nasty. There are some exceptions to that, but as a general rule, the lack of zoning, the litter, and, above all, raping our beautiful pine forests and turning them into ugly wastelands.

You are just one negative ninny,

Hell, you had me thinking that Aiken, SC, must be just one giant trash heap, from what you have had to say about it in the past.

So, I was surprised to see with my own eyes what a lovely downtown Aiken really had on a recent trip to court there, the first time I have ever been there.

Seeing with my own eyes what a jarring contrast I beheld from your descriptions of it, I don't credit your descriptions about such things at all anymore.

I was googling Alabama-Georgia, to look up their head to head stats, and this result came up:

"Is Alabama a part of Georgia?"

:facepalm:

From about partway up in North Carolina around to Louisiana or Arkansas, it's all pretty much the same.

Except for the Appalachian mountains, which are very beautiful, and the beaches, the south is nasty. There are some exceptions to that, but as a general rule, the lack of zoning, the litter, and, above all, raping our beautiful pine forests and turning them into ugly wastelands.

You are just one negative ninny,

Hell, you had me thinking that Aiken, SC, must be just one giant trash heap, from what you have had to say about it in the past.

So, I was surprised to see with my own eyes what a lovely downtown Aiken really had on a recent trip to court there, the first time I have ever been there.

Seeing with my own eyes what a jarring contrast I beheld from your descriptions of it, I don't credit your descriptions about such things at all anymore.

I hope you got to hike around in the Hitchcock Woods and see the horse stables.

I'm sorry you disagree with what I find beautiful. I'm in awe of the upstate and the mountains, where you live.

I know that West Virginians don't appreciate the mountains, either, and think that SC is awesome, which it is at the beach and in the mountains.

I guess every state has its good and bad: Flint, MI is ugly compared to Cadillac and Traverse City, for example.