Jump to content


My FAVORITE RUSH Song EVER!

FAVORITE! RUSH

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Lessons



Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7588 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:56 AM

Thank you, ORFie!  It's nice to hear it this morning!  :hi:

#3 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

I'm Glad you enjoyed it, blueschica!  And,  you're Quite Welcome!
Posted Image

#4 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 12326 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:14 PM

Side II  .. it's all about Side II

Posted Image

#5 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27854 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

Never gets old....

#6 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

I have a tape I made in the summer of '76 when a couple friends and I were spending the night in an old 8' X 10' house shaped tent [I STILL own this tent!] and this song starts off the tape, but later I erased the first 15 seconds or so of it...I've lost THAT forever, but I still have tons of stuff I did NOT erase....now all I have to do is to find a way to EASILY dub it to Digital....
Posted Image

#7 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61209 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

View PostLucas, on 14 June 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Side II  .. it's all about Side II

Posted Image
:ebert:

#8 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5432 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 14 June 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

I have a tape I made in the summer of '76 when a couple friends and I were spending the night in an old 8' X 10' house shaped tent [I STILL own this tent!] and this song starts off the tape, but later I erased the first 15 seconds or so of it...I've lost THAT forever, but I still have tons of stuff I did NOT erase....now all I have to do is to find a way to EASILY dub it to Digital....
Posted Image

ORF, you should pick up a digital recorder. I bought a 'Zoom H4' about a decade ago just to transfer cassettes to my craptop.
The only thing, you'll need editing software, which luckily comes free with the Zoom (I have the old version of Cubase, not terribly intuitive but probably much-improved).
I picked mine up at a local music store.

Posted Image
I paid a little extra for mine as it also functions as a 4-track recorder (for musical stuff).
Very easy to hook up and use. Check 'em out and see if they're worth it for you. I think I paid 300$ Cdn at the time, which was a good deal! :lol:

Edited by vaportrailer, 15 June 2018 - 04:15 PM.


#9 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6593 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:09 PM

I have something sim-u-lar.

#10 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

I already have a TASCAM DR 100MK III, But I have to learn HOW TO USE IT!  
Posted Image

#11 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

Here it is...Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#12 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5432 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 16 June 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

I already have a TASCAM DR 100MK III, But I have to learn HOW TO USE IT!  
Posted Image

For cassettes, I just go straight in from my player to the Zoom (make sure you select the internal mics!).
It's pretty easy to get the cassettes into the Dig Recorder, but can require patience to edit.
That being said, once you get used to editing, it's a helluva lotta fun! Fade-outs, fade-ins, minor repair jobs, eq'ing etc.

Do you know what editing software came with your Tascam? Or do you already have something up and running?
There are probably a few YouTube tutorials to help out, if it's driving you nuts bananas! :P

Posted Image

#13 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 18 June 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 16 June 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

I already have a TASCAM DR 100MK III, But I have to learn HOW TO USE IT!  
Posted Image

For cassettes, I just go straight in from my player to the Zoom (make sure you select the internal mics!).
It's pretty easy to get the cassettes into the Dig Recorder, but can require patience to edit.
That being said, once you get used to editing, it's a helluva lotta fun! Fade-outs, fade-ins, minor repair jobs, eq'ing etc.

Do you know what editing software came with your Tascam? Or do you already have something up and running?
There are probably a few YouTube tutorials to help out, if it's driving you nuts bananas! :P

Posted Image

Neat!  I've used softwear like that back in the late '90s and early 2000s called 'DECK' on my Mac G4...
Posted Image

#14 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10622 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

View Postgoose, on 15 June 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 14 June 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Side II  .. it's all about Side II

Posted Image
:ebert:

Man the suite is fantastic but I do love side 2

#15 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82882 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

In The Mood. That is all.

#16 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostBabycat, on 21 June 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

In The Mood. That is all.

For more CATNIP!  I bet...
Posted Image

#17 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82882 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 21 June 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 21 June 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

In The Mood. That is all.

For more CATNIP!  I bet...
Posted Image

Dang....!  :lol:

#18 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 19883 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

My user ID references my favorite.

#19 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 8400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:04 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 24 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

My user ID references my favorite.

And My favorite RUSH song points to me as a 'DEEP CUTS' type person...I've found so many Deep Cuts in my lifetime of Music appreciation, that I'll NEVER give it up until I die.  So many people miss out on GREAT songs and tunes!
Posted Image





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAVORITE!, RUSH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users