83 replies to this topic

#81 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46723 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

I've been listening to them a lot lately, there music has so much meaning to me now. I feel like I can relate to some of there songs a bit, not like I did with other bands I've enjoyed. Also in a sense there music is simply elegant and so wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully pretty! :)

Edited by Permanent-Rush, 10 October 2017 - 01:43 PM.

Sponsored Post

#82 Wil1972

Wil1972

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Resurrecting this thread because I've been listening to them a lot lately. Love Primary, In Between Days, and most of Disintegration and Wish, their two best albums IMO. End and Just One Kiss are personal favorite deep cuts.

#83 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46723 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostWil1972, on 03 January 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Resurrecting this thread because I've been listening to them a lot lately. Love Primary, In Between Days, and most of Disintegration and Wish, their two best albums IMO. End and Just One Kiss are personal favorite deep cuts.

Agreed!!

Tbh though I haven't listened to them properly in months.

#84 Mosher

Mosher

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Geography, music, basketball, philosophy, fantasy, writing, world-building

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

Their 70's work is excellent, and as they honed their sound in the 80's my interest waned, although they still made several good tracks throughout.

I will say that Smith's time with the Banshees was a highlight- he suited them and clearly was inspired by them.

After the 70's he actually said he was going for a Banshee sound.

Oddly, I love Siouxsie, Steve, and Budgie's work- but the more like the Banshees they became the less I loved the Cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users