73 replies to this topic

#21 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 28 March 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Best intro post ever, welcome from Florida.
OMG, Thank You. Just wait till I post some pictures of me and you will see what I mean about looking like I'm 14 or 15 years old and not my real age 25. I suppose I will post a few later. :)

Edited by Stinkerbell, 28 March 2017 - 06:25 PM.

Sponsored Post

#22 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10808 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

I feel odd typing out "STINKERBELL"

Anyways, nice to meet you Stinky

#23 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostLucas, on 28 March 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

That is my nickname my friends have given me. :lol: Not because I stink, but because I m there little stinker. I am the shortest and smallest of all of my friends and most say I look like Tinkerbell.

#24 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10808 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostStinkerbell, on 28 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

That is my nickname my friends have given me. :lol: Not because I stink, but because I m there little stinker. I am the shortest and smallest of all of my friends and most say I look like Tinkerbell.

:lol:

ok

Nice to meet you SB

#25 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostLucas, on 28 March 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostStinkerbell, on 28 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

:lol:

ok

Nice to meet you SB
Nice to meet you to Lucas.

#26 custom55

custom55

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6018 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

On deck shows:

Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Welcome.  

The 70's and 80's are a treasure trove of music so keep exploring.

Edited by custom55, 28 March 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#27 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

Hey Stinkerbell! :cheers:

My high school art classes were the only ones I actually enjoyed in that mixed bag of teendom. Hope you're appreciated by your kids.

Stick around. :hail:

#28 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

Member titles are overrated!

• Members *
  • 16328 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostStinkerbell, on 28 March 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 28 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Maryland? Whereabouts?

I grew up in Charles County.
I grew up in Howard County and now live in Harford County.
Hello neighbor.

Fellow Hazard County resident here.

#29 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53733 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

View PostStinkerbell, on 28 March 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

A funny Teacher fact for anyone here that is also a teacher I get mistaken for a student at least a few times a week by parents of the other students because everyone I know says I look like I am about 14 or 15 years old.

Teagan
Teagan, I used to get kicked out of the faculty lounge when making copies.  "No students allowed!"  

I taught HS and middle school history, gov't, econ, psychology and Spanish.  I just retired after 30 years of education, and having started at age 21, I'm young enough to really enjoy my retirement.  I look forward to swapping stories with you!

Welcome to TRF!

#30 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

View Postcustom55, on 28 March 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Welcome.  

The 70's and 80's are a treasure trove of music so keep exploring.

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 28 March 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hey Stinkerbell! :cheers:

My high school art classes were the only ones I actually enjoyed in that mixed bag of teendom. Hope you're appreciated by your kids.

Stick around. :hail:

View Postthesweetscience, on 28 March 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostStinkerbell, on 28 March 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 28 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Maryland? Whereabouts?

I grew up in Charles County.
I grew up in Howard County and now live in Harford County.
Hello neighbor.

Fellow Hazard County resident here.

View Postgoose, on 28 March 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

View PostStinkerbell, on 28 March 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

A funny Teacher fact for anyone here that is also a teacher I get mistaken for a student at least a few times a week by parents of the other students because everyone I know says I look like I am about 14 or 15 years old.

Teagan
Teagan, I used to get kicked out of the faculty lounge when making copies.  "No students allowed!"  

I taught HS and middle school history, gov't, econ, psychology and Spanish.  I just retired after 30 years of education, and having started at age 21, I'm young enough to really enjoy my retirement.  I look forward to swapping stories with you!

Welcome to TRF!
@custom55- Thank You

@JohnnyBlaze- Definitely the best music era. In my opinion nothing can beat it. My first year I fear the students wouldn't show me much respect because I look really young(actually younger than many of the students), but after I set the standards they knew who was the teacher and they showed me respect. They don't hate me, but they respect me as there teacher.

@thesweetscience- Hey, cool to have someone close by.

@goose- The teachers lounge is such a relax zone and a good cup of coffee. I love using it. I am an Art Teacher as I said before and this is just my 2nd year teaching. We have a great mentoring program at my High School so I am learning from one of the seasoned Art Teachers. So as for retiring I have a long way to go, but I love what I do.

Thank You all for welcoming me.

Edited by Stinkerbell, 28 March 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#31 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

Here's one for you Stinkerbell:

Back in the late 90s when i was in my mid 20s and working in high school special ed classes, some of the general ed students would sometimes approach me in the cafeteria and ask if I was a student or a teacher. My favorites were these two questions, "So, are you a cop?" and "Are you like 21 Jump Street?"  :lol:

So yeah I can relate to the youthful appearance thang.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 28 March 2017 - 10:59 PM.

#32 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Howdy! Nice to have a new member! I'm the son of a teacher, so excuse while I mention I think your profession is about the most essential and respectable and underappreciated job in the world, especially when it comes to the arts and humanities. Also, I'm a college architecture student, so art is awesome!

Happy posting, SB!

#33 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5837 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

Hi, SB and welcome!  :hi:   I am not too far from you as I am located in central PA, home of Hershey stuff!  It's nice to hear you are enjoying your career as an art teacher!  My one daughter had depression problems in high school and art is what got her through; her classes and teachers were really important to her.  I hope you enjoy TRF!

#34 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 28 March 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Howdy! Nice to have a new member! I'm the son of a teacher, so excuse while I mention I think your profession is about the most essential and respectable and underappreciated job in the world, especially when it comes to the arts and humanities. Also, I'm a college architecture student, so art is awesome!

Happy posting, SB!

View Postblueschica, on 28 March 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

Hi, SB and welcome!  :hi:   I am not too far from you as I am located in central PA, home of Hershey stuff!  It's nice to hear you are enjoying your career as an art teacher!  My one daughter had depression problems in high school and art is what got her through; her classes and teachers were really important to her.  I hope you enjoy TRF!

@Entre Perpetuo: Thanks for the welcome. I can concur. I wouldn't want to do anything else with my life except for teaching and Art is a passion of mine since I was little along with Gymnastics.

@blueschica: Thank You for the welcome. I have to say I was pretty much much the same way as your daughter through Middle and High School because I was made fun of quite a bit because I was developed as the other girls. Art got me through and so did many of the teachers. I strive each day to be a positive mentor to these kids because it was not to long ago I was walking in there shoes. I hope I am making a little difference.

#35 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

Professor Gumby

• Members
  • 63092 posts
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

Welcome to TRF Stinkerbell :hi:
If we haven't already put you off, then you'll fit right in

#36 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

Welcome to the club. :)

#37 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostYour_Lion, on 29 March 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

Welcome to TRF Stinkerbell :hi:
If we haven't already put you off, then you'll fit right in

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 March 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Welcome to the club. :)

@ Your_Lion: Nope, It would take a lot to put me off. I'm usually a happy go lucky person who don't really get into drama or let drama on the internet get to me at all.

@Eaglemoon: Thanks so much. It's great to be here.

#38 IwillchooseFreeWill

IwillchooseFreeWill

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, traveling, textile arts, science fiction, TV, AFL, Burmese cats, nature and the outdoors, friends

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

Welcome to the clubhouse. Good to have another woman with such excellent musical taste joining. I too am a Men Without Hats fan. Try to take everything these guys say with a pound of salt because they like pulling one's leg. I hope you're more encouraging to you students than my art teacher was of me but then we weren't being taught in my media (photography).

#39 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostIwillchooseFreeWill, on 30 March 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Welcome to the clubhouse. Good to have another woman with such excellent musical taste joining. I too am a Men Without Hats fan. Try to take everything these guys say with a pound of salt because they like pulling one's leg. I hope you're more encouraging to you students than my art teacher was of me but then we weren't being taught in my media (photography).
Thank You, Men Without Hats are great and very underrated in my opinion. Oh these guys seem harmless and a lot of fun. :) I hope my students see me as someone who is encouraging and always someone they can go to for advice. I unfortunately am not the Art Teacher who teaches Photography, but I have fun teaching Ceramics, Sculpting, Painting, Drawing, and also Art History even though I suppose most of the students think that is the most boring. :) You are correct though the majority of art is going the digital way. I actually prefer the traditional way, but I guess it is all progress and a lot of that Art is amazing.

#40 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33767 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Stinker, the drawing in your sig -- did you do that?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users