The Rush Forum's TOP 500 MOVIES

Lucas

Whatever Happened To Control F Update

550) Funny Games ( Rushian King )

551) Shallow Grave ( Lucas )

552) Woodstock ( New World Man )

553) The Trouble With Harry ( Rushian King )

554) Marathon Man ( Lucas )

555) Megamind ( Rutlefan )

556) Highlander (1986) ( Rutlefan )

557) Caché (2005) ( Rushian King )

558) Johnny Stecchino ( pjbear05 )

559) Disconnect ( New World Man )

560-- The Lodger (1927). Hitchcock's best silent film. Ivor Novello plays the Lodger, suspected by his landlady of being a serial killer. Based on the book by the same name that supposedly explains who Jack The Ripper was. Look for Hitchcock's first cameo. Edited by Rushian King
  • Like 1

561-- Hard Candy (2005). Ellen Page stars as a young girl who takes matters into her own hands in trying expose a man she thinks is a pedophile.

She did a pretty good job in that.

560) The Lodger ( Rushian King )

561) Hard Candy ( Rushian King )

562) See The Sea ( Lucas )

Clocking in at a mere 52 minutes, Francois Ozon's See The Sea packs quite a punch .. Very unsettling and the dread builds until the unforgettable final moment .. I definitely need to see more from this director .. No gore, very understated dialog and simple, but quite possibly the most disturbing movie I have ever seen

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

563) Swimming Pool ( 2003 ) (Rushian King )

564) The Night Porter ( Lucas )

And speaking of Charlotte Rampling, here's one I had tagged months ago for the Big 500 but kept bumping it down for no real reason ... Another unique and stand alone film in the history of cinema, and very polarizing ... Rampling is brilliant as the holocaust survivor who, after her liberation and the end of the war, has a chance meeting with a former SS officer who posed as a doctor to gain access to the camps in order to take photographs ... Dirk Bogarde is equally good in the role of the former SS officer ..

Very bleak and dark movie

• Like 1

565-- The Lady Vanishes (1938). My fave British era Hitchcock film? A young woman is certain that an older woman has disappeared from the train they're on. Will any of the passengers believe her and help unravel the mystery? Stars Margaret Lockwood and Michael Redgrave, father of Lynn and Vanessa.
  • Like 1

566) Burnt Offerings (1976)

Well, you can't have "the Car" on this list and not this one. I didn't see it when it first came out but I was still pretty young(about 11 or so)when I saw it on tv. Actually it was shown quite a bit on late night tv at one point. I suppose anyone who followed horror movies in the seventies saw this one. I personally think it's about ten times scarier than the Amityville Horror and while it might not be as well known as the Exorcist or the Omen I don't think it's very far behind in terms of over all horror shock content. If that creepy chauffer dude doesn't give you chills then probably nothing will. Also,it's worth mentioning that the movie "the skeleton key" pretty much ripped off the ending.

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 2

566) Burnt Offerings (1976)

Well, you can't have "the Car" on this list and not this one. I didn't see it when it first came out but I was still pretty young(about 11 or so)when I saw it on tv. Actually it was shown quite a bit on late night tv at one point. I suppose anyone who followed horror movies in the seventies saw this one. I personally think it's about ten times scarier than the Amityville Horror and while it might not be as well known as the Exorcist or the Omen I don't think it's very far behind in terms of over all horror shock content. If that creepy chauffer dude doesn't give you chills then probably nothing will. Also,it's worth mentioning that the movie "the skeleton key" pretty much ripped off the ending.

Love this movie NWM, and I totally forgot about it !!

• Like 1

^I think that movie is where many of us first heard of Forest Whitaker. Of course there was also that infamous scene that people talked about a lot and probably still do. Lol.

That famous scene didn't surprise me, as my "gaydar" is exceptional.
  • Like 1

565) The Lady Vanishes ( Rushian King )

566) Burnt Offerings ( New World Man )

567) Pineapple Express ( Rushian King )

568) The Crying Game (goose)

569) The Birds ( Rushian King )

570) Wild Strawberries ( Lucas )

The most emotionally moving Bergan film that I have seen so far, and I'm due to see it again .. A film that, after watching, will stay with me for days on end .. Victor Sjöström's final role, and his performance seems to come from the heart .. I know that when I watch this movie again, I will feel as if it should have made Top 25 ..... After losing my Mom in Sept, I know that Wild Strawberries is going to hit me harder than ever before ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

^I think that movie is where many of us first heard of Forest Whitaker.

Nah. Noticed him a decade earlier as the intimidating football player Charles Jefferson in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Spicoli accidentally wrecked his Camaro.

The first sizable role I remember him having was in Good Morning, Vietnam...which was still half a decade before The Crying Game.

A year after Good Morning, Vietnam he starred in the Eastwood directed and virtually never mentioned biography Bird. Good movie.

The most emotionally moving Bergan film that I have seen so far, and I'm due to see it again .. A film that, after watching, will stay with me for days on end .. Victor Sjöström's final role, and his performance seems to come from the heart .. I know that when I watch this movie again, I will feel as if it should have made Top 25 ..... After losing my Mom in Sept, I know that Wild Strawberries is going to hit me harder than ever before ..

I watched it not too long ago, and it really is a fascinating film.

07-wild-strawberries.jpg

• Like 1

572) Stagecoach (1939)

Another one from the thirties here. I believe I only saw this once but since it is considered a classic and many of you on here like those I thought I'd toss it in(actually I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet to be honest). Anyway, apparently one of the earlier films to feature John Wayne(who I'm not really much of a fan of but he was good in this). I guess technically you could say this is a western but definitely not in the usual sense(not a cowboy movie). From what I remember a very interesting film. Directed by John Ford who also directed The Searchers, the Grapes of Wrath and How Green Was My Valley. https://en.wikipedia...oach_(1939_film)

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 4

565) The Lady Vanishes ( Rushian King )

566) Burnt Offerings ( New World Man )

567) Pineapple Express ( Rushian King )

568) The Crying Game (goose)

569) The Birds ( Rushian King )

571) Modern Times ( Rushian King )

572) Stagecoach ( New World Man )

573) Vampyr ( 1932 ) ( Lucas )

Gauzy and dreamlike, with some great camera pans and some really memorable imagery ..... I remember first seeing Vampyr back in the 1970s when PBS would run the silent or near silent films every Saturday night .. I loved this film, along with The Golem and Nosferatu .... The horror imagery really sucked me, as I connected much more with this one than something like Metropolis ..

• Like 1

575) Gargoyles (1972) ( Rutlefan )

576) Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) ( Rutlefan )

Two classic made-for-tv horror flicks. Freaked me out as a kid. In those days before VHS or DVD, kids would tell and retell these movies on "sleepovers," making them grow scarier in the retelling. Goose covered Trilogy of Terror; thought I'd cover these.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

^Well, you haven't really posted much in this thread(at least not compared to others)so I guess it's no big deal if you post two in a row. Not that I care but I figured I would defend you in case someone says something. Lol.